New Orleans Hotels

• Paul2001 profile photo Paul2001
  • Reviews: 1770

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Queen & Crescent Hotel: Decent but Overpriced Hotel Downtown Hotel

It was very difficult to find a hotel for my stay in New Orleans. There were two conventions in town (one for agricultural feed and the other for doctors) and a blues festival. Most one the ones I wanted to book myself in were filled up. I had to stoop down to this not well reviewed hotel. I did not hate the Queen & Crescent despite all the damning reviews in trip advisors. I just thought that it was over priced but then again the prices were hiked up because of the above mentioned conventions.

The rooms were clean and reasonably sized for my purposes. They seem to be attempting to turn this place into a boutique hotel but the results are mixed. Although it has been recently renovated it was done cheaply. The wallpaper work was awful. However the washroom was pretty big. There is a good bar here but no restaurant.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 8, 2013

The Facade of the Queen and Crescent Hotel

• barrypanzer profile photo barrypanzer
  • Reviews: 4

Ponchartrain Landing Marina and RV Park: NOLA's waterfront RV Park

A very convenient place to stay in your RV. Close enough to the French Quarter but far enough away to relax after the hustle and bustle of touristing.
The staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds well kept. The sites are spaced far enough apart for some privacy.
We stayed here the first time in NOLA and we returned here after our quick jaunt home. And we would love to stay here again if in the area.

Waterfront sites with views of the canal and the yacht repair ship yards. The pool and hot tub looked nice. The barbecue restaurant was a bit disappointing.

• Written August 19, 2013

The entrance

• JessieLang profile photo JessieLang
  • Reviews: 650

Pelham Hotel: Not what I expected

The Pelham Hotel

The Pelham is a historic hotel with antique furniture and a “colorful” desk clerk. The property is starting to show its age. As we were checking in, I overheard other guests talking about their nice room with a four-poster bed and tall windows. Unfortunately, that was not our experience. We had a small, windowless room with barely enough room for the twin beds and no place to put our suitcases. If you stay here, I would suggest that you ask to see the room first.

The Pelham is in a good location, within walking distance of the French Quarter, and less expensive than some, but I didn’t like it. A different room might have made a better impression. $90-100

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written July 17, 2013

• WBeall profile photo WBeall
  • Reviews: 83

The Blake Hotel: Comfortable, great location, and nice staff

The Blake hotel was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The room had a nice view of the square and was a great size. The room had 2 queen size beds that were nice and fluffy and very comfortable. The bathroom was your standard bathtub, sink, and toilet. The TV was a nice size and new. In the lobby they have an internet area (I don’t know if you have to pay). There’s a restaurant/café in the lobby area and next door there is a coffee shop. I really couldn’t tell you anything I did not like with this hotel. It is a great stay and is a short walk to the French Quarter. During our stay (on a Wednesday) They were having the Music in the Square event which was a lot of fun, there were a lot of people but the music was awesome!

Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet
On-property dining at Café at the Square
A convenient business center with computers and printing terminals
A fitness center with state-of-the-art ProMaxima® equipment
24-hour front desk services, tour assistance, wake-up calls and nighttime security

• Written April 8, 2013

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5800

Inn the Quarter Reservatios - St. Philip St Duplex

Inn the Quarter is a company that rents out a number of properties in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Most are large studios, cabins, suites, townhomes of duplexes, but some are simple room rentals. Inn the Quarter is a reservation service, they do not own the properties, so the list of options could change occasionally.

We rented a duplex on St. Philip Street in 2011 for a bachelor party. This is a two story, two bed, two bath lodging option with hardwood floors and beautiful 13 foot ceilings downstairs. The lower floor has a small kitchenette with dining room table, a salon.sitting area/living room with antique furniture, and a master suite with a huge king bed and private bath. From the front kitchenette, there is a narrow spiral staircase leading to the cramped upstairs loft. This area has three regular twin beds, a hidden roll-away bed, and air mattress and a small bathroom. Up here the ceiling is very low, so be careful at night when the lights are off, or you will hit your head. There are two tiny TVs with cable, free wi-fi, air conditioning, refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave.

The cost was $350 a night for this location (but will vary by season), and it sleeps up to six people, averaging under $60 a person. The location is prime, just a block from Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar on Bourbon Street. This house has just one reserved parking space, so don't bring too many cars. Also, this is about 20 feet away from Matassa's grocery store.

Contact Inn the Quarter to see what properties are available.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written September 28, 2011
Tip Photo

Downstairs kitchenette and living room

• kokoryko profile photo kokoryko
  • Reviews: 1779

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Queen and crescent hotel: I was lucky to find this one!

When you arrive on short notice in New Orleans during festivals (Mardi Gras, French Quarter festival. . ) be prepared to pay a lot for a hotel room, or stay far from the city!
I had booked a nearby hotel, but I arrived one day late and had to look for new accommodation. It was an “adventure”: the guys from the first hotel said sorry, but phoned around and at one point they told me to go to the Queen and Crescent, meet Mr XYZ at that hotel, but not the main entrance, a side door; I was welcomed in a dark room where telexes (Yes like in the seventies!) were crackling frenetically, guys in white shirts, their sleeves held high with armbands were sitting behind writing machines. . . ; Mr XYZ solved my problem, found a room I had to pay immediately (credit card) without knowing if in fact these guys worked for the hotel. Five minutes later when I arrived at the front desk, all was settled, I had a room for 5 days. . . etc. . .
This funny adventure is the only really memorable thing I had in this hotel; the room was all right, clean, small, with very old fashioned furniture, but OK for me. Breakfasts a bit simple, but I have no big requirements.
So, as I was on company money, I cannot complain. . . and the good thing is that I was two blocks from the French Quarter, which is invaluable!
Finally, I had a satisfying stay there, and I always prefer the small hotels and brands rather than the big ones which are also very present in the area, but so less personal! But I admit that I would have less booking-rebooking problems with these ones!

• Related to: Festivals, Arts and Culture, Business Travel
  • Written July 25, 2011

• Travmad profile photo Travmad
  • Reviews: 157

Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles: Just out of the CBD

We had a Suite that was in an older part of the property with a closed up fire place in both rooms, high ceilings and an old feel that I liked. Buffet breakfast was served everyday near a sociable court yard. The pool was a bit small but was a nice escape for a hour a day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Charles Steet trolley can pick you up right outside of the hotel for a quick lift into the city or if your relatively fit it's an easy walk to the city or the convention center. I would stay here again.

• Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 17, 2011

• vyoral profile photo vyoral

The Villa Convento: great family run hotel

My wife and I have stayed several times at a small family run hotel called the Villa Convento. It is on Ursaline St. in a great location. Far enough away from the noise but close enough to walk to everything. The rates are really reasonable particularly for a balcony room. Many pleasant evenings sitting on the balcony sipping wine watching the world go by. The family is very friendly and accommodating. There is a fabulous bakery across the street and Irene's is around the corner. If you want local charm come here, if you want the Hilton, go to the Hilton. Just writing about this makes me want to go again.

• Written December 7, 2010

• OnTheRoadGoombah profile photo OnTheRoadGoombah
  • Reviews: 63

Queen and Crescent Hotel: Nice Little Hotel

I stayed at the Queen and Crescent for a week while in town for a conference. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the hotel was quiet and safe. The hotel is located just outside the French Quarter and a five minute walk to Harrah's. It was very affordable and safe. The staff was very attentive andI would definitely stay here again.

Only issued encountered, my room was cold and my colleagues room was warm. The thermostat didn't regulate very well.

• Written November 5, 2010

• tinecr profile photo tinecr

Saint Ann - Marie Antoinette Hotel: Worst Hotel Ever

We visit this hotel for the essence festival weekend. When we arrived to the hotel the room that was reserved for us was awful, terrible, unsuitable. The Television was broken 18 century tv the Air conditioner was leaking water, no microwave, broken ice machine, the swimming pool was the swamp. I highly would not recommend this hotel to absoultly no one please don't do it. I must say Loyd the night manager was accomodating to our needs however the hotel itself was quite awful scale of 1-10 ---0.

none no unique qualities

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written July 7, 2009

• dontdoit profile photo dontdoit

Saint Ann - Marie Antoinette Hotel: DON'T DO IT

Extra fees added upon check in - "amenities" fee and "energy" fee. First room had a flooded bathroom. Second room - I got my music CD's stolen from the room, probably by the cleaning lady. Three days later I had fraud on my MasterCard used there. This place is bad news. DON'T DO IT!

• Written July 1, 2009

• bobpaulson profile photo bobpaulson
  • Reviews: 8

Saint Ann - Marie Antoinette Hotel: don't waste your money

first, i reserved a room with 2 doubles and got one king. told they are full. ok, it's saturday night, i understand. promised a roll out bed, never delivered. i was later told they couldn't do anything because they had me in their computer as reserving a king. even though, i had a copy of the email showing a 2 double bed reservation. never got to see a manager-"he's out right now."

second, i only rode the elevator once because i saw it close and not move a few times with bewildered people on it.

last, the place is filthy and run down. mold in the shower, unknown stains on the ceiling, wall outlets pulling away from the wall, and peeling wallpaper. oh yeah, no remote for the tv. ha, ha, ha!

the location is good, but it's a dump. i read bad reviews before we stayed, but tried it anyway. lesson learned. spend an extra 20 bucks and stay at a decent place. i like character in a hotel, but this place is just beat up and dirty. so,great place to stay if you don't mind not getting the room you reserved, dealing with unhelpful staff, a possessed elevator, and have had all your shots because the place is a filthy.

• Written June 27, 2008

the shower

• leo.weeks profile photo leo.weeks
  • Reviews: 9

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

St Louis Hotel: Good Location

We chose this hotel becuase it had a good location for the price and even though I new better "you only get what you pay for" applys. We called to ensure we would have a King size bed before we made the reservations (I am slightly taller than average). Well, we arrived early and waited for check in time and when I finally got to the desk (there were several people in front of me with complaints) I was checked in and given key. I went to check the room and found out it was a very small queen size or large double size bed and the room itself was only a few feet bigger than the bed. I went back to the desk and asked what happened to our King Room, and we were told "all the rooms are the same and there was never a guqrantee of larger bed", I got my wife out of the car and she went to the desk and told them exactly who she had talked to and that the lady on the phone specifically told her we would have king size bed. The desk clerk told us she would try and to check back in a few hours. We did and were given another room, despite the fact that they told us all the rooms were the same this one was much bigger and nicer and did have king size room. We regretted this room later when we found out the courtyard was used both nights for very loud teenage wedding parties, and several kids stayed in the room next to ours screaming and wrestling all night, literally until 7 in the morning, both nights. We ended up checking out and going to one of our favorite hotels that cost a little more. Oh, we had checked for the menu of the resturant in the hotel and went to eat there only to find that even though the signs were still up and advertisements put in rooms the resturant had closed for Katrina and never reopened. They hadn't even bothered to take the menus or ads out of the rooms after 2+ years! It is still advertise the resturant on their web site this very minute.

Good location relevant to Bourbon St and rest of Quarter

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written April 12, 2008

• ladauphine profile photo ladauphine
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

All legal B&B's that are licensed in New Orleans: Professional Innkeepers Association web site

The main purpose of this is to list the website for readers to find a place to stay.

Excellent choice of places to stay with an interactive map.

• Related to: Festivals, Music, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 13, 2007

Many B&B's are on the horse & buggy tour-ChezNous

• trvlrtom profile photo trvlrtom
  • Reviews: 612

Oak Alley Plantation: Overnight at a plantation

If you are interested in seeing the plantation and prefer to avoid the tour bus crowds, consider staying the night. We arrived in the evening, spent the night and were able to wake up early and walk the beautiful grounds all by ourselves. The cost was no more than a typical hotel in New Orleans, and it gave us a chance to enjoy the drive and take in the sights on our own schedule.

• Related to: Seniors, Historical Travel, Hiking and Walking