Maison Dupuy Hotel

Family Travel Beer Tasting Architecture
See Amenities

Unprofessional way over priced

by written on March 1, 2015

"The GM is in my opinion the worst in the hospitality business. After telling me he would talk about his valet staff wrecking my car when he got out of a meeting he just left for the day. After repeated (5) attempts to contact him he refused to call me. He has my number and still refuses to call. I was promised calls from him 4 times to no avail. This is after spending well over $6000.00 for 3 rooms and $40.00 a night to park. The A/C was not working in 2 rooms and they would not fix them, the shower drain didn't work in one room, the toilet would not fully flush in one room. They also missed 2 wake up calls on our last day so we almost missed our flights. The only bright spot in the whole stay was the lady that was cleaning our rooms. she was top notch. As for the Management, the are the worst and I would not have them in my business, heck the GM does not even have business cards available. Upon check out you better hope the room charges from the restaurant are correct because they won't supply a copy for you to verify. All in all DON'T STAY HERE the staff at any motel 6 is more attentive and professional!"

jhelgeland's Profile Photo

My first choice in NOLA

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2014

I've stayed here several times over the years, mainly when attending the Jazz fest but also during business trips. Never had any problems at all. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating and the bar serves the best Bloody Mary's on earth. It's a little pricey but in line with other French Quarter hotels.

Stay somewhere else

by written on December 15, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on a business/pleasure trip in early December/10. Our first clue should have been when the taxi driver dropped us off and told us that when we come out of the hotel, don't turn right as that's the "bad" part of town. Lobbies are freezing; no machines available to get a bottle of water or soft drink; no cups in the room had to go to the bar and ask for plastic cups. Our room (3rd floor overlooking courtyard) had 2 leaks on the bathroom floor that were obviously coming from pipes in the wall as the water pressure was terrible. Breakfast buffet was all but gone when we went down for breakfast at 8:30 the second day...gave up and walked to Hilton on the river every day after that for breakfast. (buffet was cheaper and 100% better) Overall, did not feel safe in this area; don't think the lamps in the bedroom had been dusted in months, nor the room vacuumed (there was a bobby-pin on the floor between bathroom and bedroom that was there when we checked in and still there when we checked out. For the money, don't stay at this hotel...lots of other choices in New Orleans.

Directions: Two houses from the "bad" part of town (so we were told).

Not worth the Money

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2010

We recently stayed at the hotel for my daughters wedding being held there. I was VERY displeased with the room AND hotel. Although Le Meritage is by far one of the BEST restaurants I've ever eaten in NOLA, the hotel is subpar! My daughters wedding was beautiful and the wedding planner was professional. HOWEVER, I saw on the back of the door in our room that room rates normally go for $489. 489 FOR WHAT?????? Room service didn't clean the toilet or empty the wastebaskets from the previous customer and never gave us washcloths, even though we called down for them and had stayed for three nights. The bathroom was cramped and water inexplicably got everywhere no matter WHAT we did, the walls and paint were chipped, torn, worn and dirty, the furniture, too, was dented, dinged and BROKEN! Plus, the rooms aren't nearly as pretty or put together as well as those pictured on the website. Was it b/c of the balcony that it costs that much or b/c of the Quarter??? You can get a room at any Hilton and have it be more luxurious, spacious and CLEAN for less than the rooms at the Dupuy go for!! I could rent a gorgeous apartment in the Quarter for 250-300 a night and have it be top-notch over and above the Dupuy. I will never waste my $$$$$$ there again!

Unique Quality: It was beautiful in design and architecture and furnishings in the lobby, courtyard, wedding, etc. but the room and service totally LACKED the cost!!!

Directions: Near western portion of Quarter, very near Rampart.

Scary Location. Smelly & Dirty. Poor Service.

by written on January 4, 2010

Basically just down from Rampart at the edge of the Quarter. Felt Unsafe.

Stayed two nights. Second night consisted of getting back to hotel to find it unmade. Complained. Got a few
towels since housekeeping went home.

Was asked the next day at checkout how our stay was by some lady behind the desk with a smile. Told her of the experience and she totally tried to ignore me and ask me to sign the receipt. She didnt care at all.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

Unique Quality: None.

Hot Stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2009

Very Pleasant and Comfortable Beds and Staff was very outgoing and friendly and pleasant. Upon checking in I asked if I was able to upgrade and the gentleman(Brad) at the desk was more than accomadating and gave me a pateful of upgrades to choose from and even gave me the option to go look first to see which I would prefer and prices were reasonable anywhere from $20-$50 per night. First I saw what they call a Parlor Suite which is roomy but I felt lost so then he had a Junior Suite and it again was roomy but sitting area and bed were all in one room which I did not particulary like and finally I got the Honeymoon Suite and immediately fell in love and was only $30 extra per night. He made my stay so much more beneficial and then I made another reservation for later in week since I wnjoyed it here for my first time, I never stayed at Maison Dupuy but will stay here for now on. On second reservation the morning staff was not as accomadating and friendly they were more wanting to check me in and so called get rid of me and therefore I did not end up in such a good room but the clerk lowered my rate cause of that. I asked when would Brad be back and he got back the last night I stayed there and I explained to him what happened with my second reservation and he was very apologetic and offered me breakfast and all but for al he did I declined. I will still there and come back and make sure all my clients are aware as well. Lovely hotel and lovely surroundings.

Unique Quality: Courtyard was beautiful and staff was friendly.
Hats off to Brad at front desk
Bed is heavenly

Directions: Hear of french quarte close to action but far away from noise could not ask for anything better

doug48's Profile Photo

french quarter

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 23, 2009

the maison dupuy is my personal favorite hotel in the french quarter. the maison dupuy is located in the western part of the french quarter and is a short walk to the attractions of the quarter but far enough away from noise and drunkenness. the maison dupuy is located in a historic townhouse and has a very nice interior garden and a small pool. the maison dupuy offers all the amenities of a better hotel. a great place for the tourist and the business traveler.

Directions: french quarter.

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Garden District
Night Safety.
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
French Market
St. Charles Line
Transportation
Cat's Meow
Nightlife
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Preservation Hall