Maison Dupuy Hotel

Maison DuPuy
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Stay somewhere else

Stayed at this hotel on a business/pleasure trip in early December/10. Our first clue should have been when the taxi driver dropped us off and told us that when we come out of the hotel, don't turn right as that's the "bad" part of town. Lobbies are freezing; no machines available to get a bottle of water or soft drink; no cups in the room had to go to the bar and ask for plastic cups. Our room (3rd floor overlooking courtyard) had 2 leaks on the bathroom floor that were obviously coming from pipes in the wall as the water pressure was terrible. Breakfast buffet was all but gone when we went down for breakfast at 8:30 the second day...gave up and walked to Hilton on the river every day after that for breakfast. (buffet was cheaper and 100% better) Overall, did not feel safe in this area; don't think the lamps in the bedroom had been dusted in months, nor the room vacuumed (there was a bobby-pin on the floor between bathroom and bedroom that was there when we checked in and still there when we checked out. For the money, don't stay at this hotel...lots of other choices in New Orleans.

Directions: Two houses from the "bad" part of town (so we were told).

• Not worth the Money

We recently stayed at the hotel for my daughters wedding being held there. I was VERY displeased with the room AND hotel. Although Le Meritage is by far one of the BEST restaurants I've ever eaten in NOLA, the hotel is subpar! My daughters wedding was beautiful and the wedding planner was professional. HOWEVER, I saw on the back of the door in our room that room rates normally go for $489. 489 FOR WHAT?????? Room service didn't clean the toilet or empty the wastebaskets from the previous customer and never gave us washcloths, even though we called down for them and had stayed for three nights. The bathroom was cramped and water inexplicably got everywhere no matter WHAT we did, the walls and paint were chipped, torn, worn and dirty, the furniture, too, was dented, dinged and BROKEN! Plus, the rooms aren't nearly as pretty or put together as well as those pictured on the website. Was it b/c of the balcony that it costs that much or b/c of the Quarter??? You can get a room at any Hilton and have it be more luxurious, spacious and CLEAN for less than the rooms at the Dupuy go for!! I could rent a gorgeous apartment in the Quarter for 250-300 a night and have it be top-notch over and above the Dupuy. I will never waste my $$$$$$ there again!

Unique Quality: It was beautiful in design and architecture and furnishings in the lobby, courtyard, wedding, etc. but the room and service totally LACKED the cost!!!

Directions: Near western portion of Quarter, very near Rampart.

• Scary Location. Smelly & Dirty. Poor Service.

Basically just down from Rampart at the edge of the Quarter. Felt Unsafe.

Stayed two nights. Second night consisted of getting back to hotel to find it unmade. Complained. Got a few
    towels since housekeeping went home.

Was asked the next day at checkout how our stay was by some lady behind the desk with a smile. Told her of the experience and she totally tried to ignore me and ask me to sign the receipt. She didnt care at all.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

Unique Quality: None.

• Hot Stay

Very Pleasant and Comfortable Beds and Staff was very outgoing and friendly and pleasant. Upon checking in I asked if I was able to upgrade and the gentleman(Brad) at the desk was more than accomadating and gave me a pateful of upgrades to choose from and even gave me the option to go look first to see which I would prefer and prices were reasonable anywhere from $20-$50 per night. First I saw what they call a Parlor Suite which is roomy but I felt lost so then he had a Junior Suite and it again was roomy but sitting area and bed were all in one room which I did not particulary like and finally I got the Honeymoon Suite and immediately fell in love and was only $30 extra per night. He made my stay so much more beneficial and then I made another reservation for later in week since I wnjoyed it here for my first time, I never stayed at Maison Dupuy but will stay here for now on. On second reservation the morning staff was not as accomadating and friendly they were more wanting to check me in and so called get rid of me and therefore I did not end up in such a good room but the clerk lowered my rate cause of that. I asked when would Brad be back and he got back the last night I stayed there and I explained to him what happened with my second reservation and he was very apologetic and offered me breakfast and all but for al he did I declined. I will still there and come back and make sure all my clients are aware as well. Lovely hotel and lovely surroundings.

Unique Quality: Courtyard was beautiful and staff was friendly.
    Hats off to Brad at front desk
    Bed is heavenly

Directions: Hear of french quarte close to action but far away from noise could not ask for anything better

• doug48's Profile Photo

french quarter

the maison dupuy is my personal favorite hotel in the french quarter. the maison dupuy is located in the western part of the french quarter and is a short walk to the attractions of the quarter but far enough away from noise and drunkenness. the maison dupuy is located in a historic townhouse and has a very nice interior garden and a small pool. the maison dupuy offers all the amenities of a better hotel. a great place for the tourist and the business traveler.

Directions: french quarter.

More about Maison Dupuy Hotel

charming hotel in the french quarter

by TripAdvisor Member kcw732

The Maison Dupuy is a charming hotel. My fiance and I stayed there for a conference in New Orleans. Among the positives about the Maison Dupuy: very quiet location away from the ruckus of Bourbon St although walking distances to the major attractions of the FQ, beautiful courtyard and nice view of it from the room, extremely quiet room (i.e.
thick walls), and overall nice ambience. Some of the negatives about the hotel: relatively pricey (maybe all new orleans hotels are really expensive), the bed linen were very worn (had holes in them), the shower pressure was pathetic, and the front desk staff was not exactly friendly (i had booked a room with a single king bed, and i was given a room with two doubles... the front staff curtly dismissed my request to change rooms, but it really didn't matter much after all.) Overall, i wouldn't mind staying at the maison dupuy again, but most likely look around for a better deal at a similar boutique hotel in new orleans next time.

No problems here!

by TripAdvisor Member thedreamjeannie

We(my boyfriend and I) just came back from a first time trip in New Orleans. A friend of mine recommended the Maison DuPuy because she had stayed there. It was convenient to Bourbon street and all that. We felt safe walking around at night AND we enjoyed a quiet, restful nights sleep each night. We used the pool and the hot tub-nice and clean! The little bar/restaurant was good and the waitress was extremely helpful. She told us where to get the Best mufalettas. As far as room service...who cares? Your in New Orleans! Go out to eat!!
I like a clean, quiet place to stay with friendly staff. Fringe benefits and posh atmosphere aren't that important to me...so, if that's what you're looking for-this is a good bet.

Great Time in the Big Easy

by TripAdvisor Member ChristineIsola

My husband and I took a weekend getaway from the kids in New Orleans.
Never staying in a boutique hotel before, we were a bit nervous. But once we checked in at the beautifully decorated front desk and greeted by a friendly staff person we were completely relaxed. Upon arriving in our room, again we were pleasantly surprised with the big room and nice view of the courtyard. We will be back.

Wasn't all it was cracked up to be...

I wasn't thoroughly impressed with this hotel, especially considering the price. As stated by other users, the lobby, courtyard and restuarant were all beautiful, but our room was subpar. Our window didn't open, which was annoying, and the decor generally matched that of a Holiday Inn. The staff was generally not very friendly, minus one extremely exuberant bellman named Marvin. We were twice (at checkout and then again later when I checked my credit card statement) charged for the minibar, which we didn't even touch. The location was, of course, prime. So just not exactly what I was expecting.

definitely worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member SZ

Our room was lovely and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Windows that don't open are not that surprising in this day and age. I always request a smoking room and was impressed by how well it ventilated. Even I want a room that has most traces of smoke removed afterwards. The staff and services were fine. We really enjoyed getting our first cup of coffee from the lobby area each morning and sipping it out in the courtyard before heading off to the Cafe du Monde. Monday through Thursday prices are very reasonable but jump up considerably on the weekend. I would definitely stay there again.

New Orleans Hotel Advice

by robertslsu

I am considering staying at Maison Dupuy, Loew's, or Hotel Monaco - could someone please give me some feedback on which hotel is the better out of three.

Re: New Orleans Hotel Advice

by raevnzno

stayed at the masion dupuey years ago. LOVED the location. Hotel was excellend, very quaint and 'flavorful'. Very convenient to the French Quarter.
hope this helps.

Re: New Orleans Hotel Advice

by blndchick

I also have stayed at the Maison Dupuis, I enjoyed it, it was very nice, but I would've liked to be just a little closer to Bourbon. I like to stay at the Omni Royal Orleans. Just love it.

Comments