Maison Orleans

904 Iberville Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112-3134, United States

More about Maison Orleans

Hello from rainy England. Hope you can help me with a hotel choice.

by v1cks

I’m taking my mother to New Orleans during September, (for her 60th birthday), this will be the first time she’s visited so I want to book into a luxurious hotel.
After a bit of research I’ve narrowed it down to Omni Royal, Windsor Court Hotel or Maison Orleans (are there any others?). I’m concerned about the location of the Windsor Court, is it safe around that area, when I last visited I didn’t encounter any problems with crime etc, but I’m feeling a little uneasy as being with my mother we maybe more of a target!! What do you think???

Thanks

Vix

by JulesTwo

Here are some reviews that I think you will find helpful:

by JulesTwo

Hope that helps.
Julie

by travelbums

All three of those hotels are excellent choices. I would also consider Hotel Monaco and Hotel Monteleone, but I would have to say that Omni Royal would be my first choice. There is nothing wrong with the location of Windsor Court, it's right beside the large Harrah's Casino. There will be plenty of other travellers around, but it is a long four or five blocks to the French Quarter. In short, you would have no problems in this area. At night you should take extra precautions in any area.

by Robachu1

The 75 room Ritz-Carlton Maison Orleans is the only one of the three hotels you named which is on the French Quarter side of Canal Street. Canal isn't an impassable barrier but the convenience of not having to cross the 8+ lanes of traffic to get to the Quarter is worth staying at the Maison Orleans alone. The size of the Ritz is a plus in my opinion. A 75 room first class hotel is far more appealing than a 326 room (Windsor Court) first class hotel in my opinion.

RE: RE: Hello from rainy England. Hope you can help me with a hotel choice.

by Robachu1

Sorry, the Omni is also on the French Quarter side of Canal, in fact the location could not be better but it doesn't rank with the Ritz or the Windsor in terms of quality.

Comments