Maison St. Charles Inn and Suites New Orleans

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• JBOO46's Profile Photo

Great Place to Stay

Maison St. Charles is a great bargain place to stay in New Orleans. You can't beat the location - it's right on the lovely St. Charles Avenue (though not the expensive end), where you can hop a trolley into the French Quarter (the ride to the French Quarter takes only about 10 minutes). When first walking into the hotel I loved the quirky yet pretty lobby, the courtyard in the back (complete with a mural and a fountain). The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast provided was sufficient (eggs, toast, bagels, cereals, etc). The price is definitely very low compared to other places in New Orleans, and you are getting a great deal for what you are paying. I would definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Right on Charles Avenue in the lower Garden District, a few feet from a trolley stop

• lcostello's Profile Photo

Car friendly

This is the best car friendly property, plenty of free side street parking, and they do have a lot at a reasonable fee. This location is only a stepping off point. There is nothing nearby. The streetcar is available right on St Charles, or you need a car. The hotel does have a little charm with some courtyards, a small pool and hot tub. I love how you just open the door and you are outside. It is only 2 stories with several buildings. I made the mistake once when I booked a "small room" since I was by myself. I quickly changed because I felt like I was in a closet. They provide a generic continental breakfast that was fine. This place is easy access to uptown and the French Quarter. The price is always reasonable.

Directions: At the edge of the garden district

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Next to Wendys

I have not stayed in this hotel but someone asked recently about it, and I have a picture of it.

AAA says that it is a 3 diamond small scale hotel (but not approved by AAA which probably means that they don't advertise with AAA), and that the rate for one person is between $72 and $214 depending on the time of year. One bedroom units (117 of them) and 11 one and two bedroom suits some with whirlpools.

Unique Quality: Valet parking, 2 night minimum stay some weekends. Outdoor pool.

Directions: I-90 Business and St. Charles Ave between Thalia and Erato.

• cromette's Profile Photo

Great for the Family

We stayed in Maison St. Charles when we took the kids to New Orleans.

We were hesitant to stay in the French Quarter with the kids, so this place turned out to be the perfect alternative.

Maison St. Charles is located right on the streetcar line, so getting back to the Quarter is a breeze. Emeril's elegant Delmonico restaurant (www.emerils.com/restaurants/delmonico) is right across the street, and next door Madeliene's will make sure you will not go hungry at a more reasonable, "family-type" fine dining experience.

The staff at Maison St. Charles was the best I have encountered anywhere - no joke! They were very accomodating. Traveling with three kids can be a challenge, the folks at Maison St. Charles helped to make it a pleasure.

Unique Quality: The room we stayed in was the fabulous and roomy St. Louis suite. It had a solid pull-out room divider that afforded us a separate "bedroom" from the kids! They were totally blown away by the crystal chandeliers and the Victorian charm! (They are used to Motel 6) There was a microwave and a refrigerator, which is always great, especially with kids.

By far, the thing we appreciated the most was that wonderful hot tub after a long day of walking in the French Quarter. It was the perfect place to relax. And happy hour goes on all the time at the bar!

Directions: Business District

More about Maison St. Charles Inn and Suites New Orleans

Maison St. Charles is wonderful!

I cannot say enough about Maison St. Charles and the staff. We've just returned from a cruise and we stayed both before and after at Maison St. Charles. It was like being with family! Reasonably priced, great location in the Garden District and minutes from Bourbon St. The trolley is conveniently right out the front door. We'll stay there again!

Maison St. Charles Quality Inn

I Looked at a lot of places online and randomly picked Maison St. Charles because it was on the streetcar line and because "LA MADELAINE'S" was on the property. But I have to say they were quaint, clean, comfortable, quiet and everyone was friendly and kind. The front desk personnel and the valets were always helpful and Gene at "PIERRE'S" was a delightful person. Since I don't like large noisy hotels, this place was ideal...I will never stay anywhere in New Orleans but Maison St. Charles. My Kudos for a job well done.

Great stay at Maison St. Charles

My recent stay at the Maison St. Charles couldn't have been more delightful. The entire staff was happy to assist me in any way possible during the busy Memorial Day weekend . And, hats off to the housekeeping and grounds staff as everything was kept very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this establishment and am looking forward to visiting again. This is definately the best place I've stayed in New Orleans.

The Best Hotel In New Orleans

My husband and I only stay Maison St. Charles. The friendliest staff in New Orleans,always willing to go out of their way for you. The property is kept clean and don't forget about the murals on the outside wall. The valet is always prompt and courteous. Never will my husband nor myself stay in another hotel for business or pleasure. We will be back in July 04.

Above average accommodations for the budget traveler

I recently spent 6 days in New Orleans on a family vacation. My wife and I and our two small sons (4 and 6 yrs. old) stayed at the Maison St. Charles while in town.

We had a non-smoking room with two queen size beds, poolside, 2nd floor. The room was clean, in good shape and, maybe, just slightly smaller than average but was plenty big for the four of us. It suited our needs just fine. The room was very quiet. At night you couldn't hear a thing. No street noise or sounds from adjacent rooms. There would be some noise from the pool occasionally but that was to be expected considering our room location.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Not only helping us with directions to a nearby restaurant one day but also giving us a coupon to the place. We didn't rent a car so it was very nice having the streetcar stop right in front of the hotel. We chose a hotel on St.
Charles Ave. for that very reason.

The Maison St. Charles is pretty centrally located between the three main attractions we wanted to see. The Audubon Zoo, The Aquarium of the Americas and the French Quarter. Using the St. Charles Streetcar it was easy to get to all theses places right from the front steps of the hotel.

It was 15-20 minutes to the top of Audubon Park where you could then catch the free Zoo Shuttle bus to the zoo. It was probably only 10 minutes the other direction to Canal Street where you could easily walk to the Aquarium or the French Quarter.

The one weak spot for the hotel, in my opinion, is the adjoing Le Madeliene (sp?) restaurant/bakery. The breakfast menu is decent (not great) but pricey for what you get. And the bakery fare (their supposed strong suit) was often day old tasting and none to special. For eating options while staying there I would highly recommend a stroll west on St. Charles Ave. the St. Charles Tavern (very good breakfast menu) or VooDoo BBQ are both just a block away. A few blocks farther in the same direction is Copeland's Cheesecake Grill and Igor's Garlic Clove Restaurant. Across the street is Emeril's Del Monico Restaurant but we were unable to eat there because it had a dress code and all we had packed were shorts and jeans.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at the Maison St. Charles Inn. I would just avoid the on sight food if possible. In a city like New Orleans you can easily do much better.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member Karen-Ducharme

With the hurricane heading straight for New Orleans I had actually canceled my hotel reservations at Maison St.Charles, and couldn't rebook through the internet. I called Maison St. Charles on their 1-800 line and was told they would honor my original booking. When we arrived September 17th for our 8 night stay people were still coming back into the city after being evacuated. The staff was friendly and our room was quite nice, on the main floor with a lovely courtyard right outside the room. The Maison St. Charles is perfectly located, with Bourbon Street and the French Quarter an easy walk in one direction, and restaurants like the St. Charles Tavern and a wonderful Japanese restaurant in the other! A Walgreen's is just down the street, a nice walk in the evening to grab some munchies and a drink, and the St. Charles Tavern is open 24 hours as well, serving food and drink all hours of the day and night! Staying at the Maison St. Charles allowed us to leave the Bourbon Street strip for a quiet and beautiful retreat, a relaxing dip in the pool, and then a nice soak in the hot tub to relieve our sore feet from walking so much! The staff was always friendly and polite, and I knew that if we had any trouble with our room it would of been taken care of immediately! The room itself was a nice size, 2 queen size beds for 3 of us, a tv with full cable for the evenings when Bourbon Street was no longer a draw, and the best part, the sink and the toilet were in seperate rooms, so a person could be taking a shower while another person was using the sink to put on makeup or what have you. A bar on site allowed you to order drinks or beers and take them back to your room, or you could have them delivered for a small fee. They also had full service to the pool! The bakery right next door makes a wonderful rosemary herbed rotisserie chicken and the best spinach salad I have ever had, as well as a full menu of items from breakfast to dinner. Just make sure you make it to the Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets, and your stay in New Orleans will be complete!

maison st charles quality inn

by jillydog

Is this place okay? Quiet and safe?

RE: maison st charles quality inn

by Hopkid

I last stayed there in 2002 or so and found it be acceptable. It's collection of four buildings and the entire compound, including the valet parking, is wihtin a secured perimeter. It's away from the craziness of the French Quarter which is a short street car ride away so it is pretty quiet. And the St. Charles line is just outside the front door. The rooms are basic but clean and although the area isn't a busy as the more touristed areas, I felt perfectly safe. Just don't wander too much north off St. Charles. If you're an Emeril fan you'll want to eat at Domenico's, one of his restaurants in town, which is right across the street.

by jillydog

Thanks!

by woody2005

I just checked it for you on tripadvisor and many (if not all) had good reviews on the place tried to do link to page but didnt work so here is the website.....http://www.tripadvisor.com - it's very good to hear recommendations from 'real' people who have actually stayed there before, hope this helps. Tracy

by NONewbie

We stayed there just last week, and it was great! Spotlessly clean rooms, and we felt safe too. Emeril's is highly recommended, we had a fabulous meal there - La Madeleine - recommend the yogurt parfait for breakfast!

Comments