New Orleans Accommodations

cromette's Profile Photo

The Personal Touch

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2003

When we went to New Orleans for St. Patrick's Day, I had a hard time finding reservations at any of our regular places.

I began looking online for alternatives, and ran across New Orleans Reservations. I loved their website, so I gave them a call and requested a room by number.

The room they booked for me did not appear on their website, so I was a little nervous.

However, the host was wonderfully helpful and friendly upon our arrival. We stayed in an upstairs apartment within his residence. It was quite spacious, with a complete kitchen and a private bath, plenty of linens, and everything we needed. It had a wonderful rooftop view.

I was worried about privacy, but it wasn't an issue. Unless we wanted to come in contact with the host family, we really did not see or hear them except when we were on the stairs.

This type of arrangement would not be my first choice, but for the price...in the French Quarter, I could not complain one bit, and I would do it again in a pinch.

Unique Quality: New Orleans Reservations have many accomodations in various locations around the French Quarter. Our particular suite boasted a beautiful rooftop view in a lovely French Quarter residence. There was a full kitchen, roomy bathroom, and the host family was knowledgable about New Orleans history and the history of the home we were staying in. They even let me use their personal computer to take care of our flight out!

Directions: French Quarter

Jmill42's Profile Photo

Location, location, location

by written on December 19, 2002

This tip is dedicted to making sure that VT'ers know what area to stay. The 3 big areas that are important to know are: uptown, downtown, and Metarie. Metarie is a city about 10-15 minutes drive from downtown NOLA. It is where Armstrong airport (the one you will fly into) is located. Prices are definitely cheaper here, but you are FAR from the action. Uptown and downtown are seperated by the Lee's Circle monument (right along I-10, the main interstate through NOLA). Most places along St Charles Avenue are very close to Lee's Circle and are RIGHT on the streetcar route. They tend to be a little cheaper than places directly in the Quarter and are very nice. Once again, being right along the streetcar, allows very easy access to the Quarter (5 minute ride at $1.25). Then there is downtown. Every chain known to man is located in the Quarter. If you are going to spring for the prices down here, get something right on Bourbon, if you can. The balconies are a great source of amusement, fun, and envy! If you are not looking for that much excitement, hotels one or two streets over, like on Royal St, are very good.

Unique Quality: Look at the map to get a general idea of the places I am talking about. Excuse the "mouse-writing."

acemj's Profile Photo

Plenty of options

by written on November 20, 2002

On the upriver side of the Quarter, you'll see a bunch of hotel options. All the major hotels are here including the Sheraton, Marriot, Hilton, Hyatt and Wyndham.

5 Photos of New Orleans Accommodations

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Jackson Square
Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Garden District
Things to Do
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
St. Louis Cathedral
Tours
Preservation Hall
Drinking
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
St. Charles Line