Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

See Amenities

Dirty rooms, great staff

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2012

We just checked in this afternoon. The staff were great and even called to say we could check in early. If you are going to stay at this Omni you should be a person who is not bothered by other people’s dirt in your bed or bathroom. I am not that type of person.

We are staying here as I type this, Easter Sunday 2012, to celebrate out wedding anniversary with a trip to NOLA and a Jacuzzi suite. The room did resemble the one on the website in a tired and worn out kind of way. I took the bed spread off the bed put it in a closet and went to go put the blanket from the plastic bag in the closet on the bed. There was a short dark curly hair on it (I am a dark blonde, it was not mine). I had room service bring another and as I was turning down the bed I found that THE SHEETS WERE STAINED. I would think they would take stained sheets out of circulation. I had to ask for another. I went to take a shower and the Jacuzzi tub had black mildew in the grout along its edges and covering the caulking. I couldn’t imaging what would be in the pipes. On our way back from dinner I bought a large bottle of bleach at the cover CVS and poured it down the walls, and in the tub (mildew was growing around the jets). It did help some. But spending the first night of my anniversary vacation cleaning the room and changing the stained sheets with other people’s body hair as my husband fell asleep waiting … not romantic. Shame on them, doesn’t anyone check these rooms?

It was the descent reviews that convinced me to book here. I feel either they were grossly misleading or the people posting had a far different room. I would NOT call my room CLEAN and with someone had posted about the lack of cleanliness. I took photos and if I can figure out how will post. I think it would be a shame if someone book expecting a “clean room and grat value” as I was and then wound up with what I wound up with.

Directions: Warehouse District

A Little Jewel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2007

I stayed at the newly renovated Omni Royal Crescent recently and it is just beautiful. I really wish that all hotels were like this. It's on a quiet street just on the other side of Canal Street from the French quarter. The guest rooms are gorgeous, and the staff is amazing. I highly recommend to anyone who might be looking for a higher-end hotel in New Orleans and doesn't want to deal with noise and crowds all night. The hotel about a 10 minute walk to the French Quarter, the Riverwalk/Aquarium and the Convention Center. There are several very nice places to eat nearby as well.

Unique Quality: The amenities here are great, especially the bathrobes. So comfy. The bed was also one of the best I've slept in. The hotel is in a historic building on a side street so most of the rooms don't have "views".

Yasmine03's Profile Photo

Right On Party Ground

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 18, 2005

Great stay. Privacy respected. Highly recommended. Near all the tourist attraction. 10 minutes on foot to the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, Jackson Square and Downtown.

Unique Quality: Clean room and friendly doorman who is very polite and knowledgeable.

Directions: Next to the French Quarter.

Nearby Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Garden District
Night Safety.
Cemeteries
Things to Do
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
French Market
Cat's Meow
Tours
House of Blues
Nightlife
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Preservation Hall