Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

The Omni Royal Crescent
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dirty rooms, great staff

We just checked in this afternoon. The staff were great and even called to say we could check in early. If you are going to stay at this Omni you should be a person who is not bothered by other people’s dirt in your bed or bathroom. I am not that type of person.

We are staying here as I type this, Easter Sunday 2012, to celebrate out wedding anniversary with a trip to NOLA and a Jacuzzi suite. The room did resemble the one on the website in a tired and worn out kind of way. I took the bed spread off the bed put it in a closet and went to go put the blanket from the plastic bag in the closet on the bed. There was a short dark curly hair on it (I am a dark blonde, it was not mine). I had room service bring another and as I was turning down the bed I found that THE SHEETS WERE STAINED. I would think they would take stained sheets out of circulation. I had to ask for another. I went to take a shower and the Jacuzzi tub had black mildew in the grout along its edges and covering the caulking. I couldn’t imaging what would be in the pipes. On our way back from dinner I bought a large bottle of bleach at the cover CVS and poured it down the walls, and in the tub (mildew was growing around the jets). It did help some. But spending the first night of my anniversary vacation cleaning the room and changing the stained sheets with other people’s body hair as my husband fell asleep waiting … not romantic. Shame on them, doesn’t anyone check these rooms?

It was the descent reviews that convinced me to book here. I feel either they were grossly misleading or the people posting had a far different room. I would NOT call my room CLEAN and with someone had posted about the lack of cleanliness. I took photos and if I can figure out how will post. I think it would be a shame if someone book expecting a “clean room and grat value” as I was and then wound up with what I wound up with.

Directions: Warehouse District

• A Little Jewel

I stayed at the newly renovated Omni Royal Crescent recently and it is just beautiful. I really wish that all hotels were like this. It's on a quiet street just on the other side of Canal Street from the French quarter. The guest rooms are gorgeous, and the staff is amazing. I highly recommend to anyone who might be looking for a higher-end hotel in New Orleans and doesn't want to deal with noise and crowds all night. The hotel about a 10 minute walk to the French Quarter, the Riverwalk/Aquarium and the Convention Center. There are several very nice places to eat nearby as well.

Unique Quality: The amenities here are great, especially the bathrobes. So comfy. The bed was also one of the best I've slept in. The hotel is in a historic building on a side street so most of the rooms don't have "views".

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo

Right On Party Ground

Great stay. Privacy respected. Highly recommended. Near all the tourist attraction. 10 minutes on foot to the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, Jackson Square and Downtown.

Unique Quality: Clean room and friendly doorman who is very polite and knowledgeable.

Directions: Next to the French Quarter.

More about Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

Great Service-Just right for NO

Stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent February 20-23. My wife and I were plesantly pleased with the accomodations after reading some less than stellar reviews on this site. Upon check in we were put in a suite on the 6th floor-Crazy thing about this room--it had no exterior windows....I didn't mind that at all, as I love a dark room and hate exterior noise. It was perfect! Two bathrooms, a great King bed (very confortable) and a wonderful sitting room. The location to the quarter was perfect...close enough to not be too far away, but far enough away to get out of the hustle and chaos. The service from check in, to check out was outstanding. We can't wait to stay at other Omni hotels in the future...When we return to NO, we will for sure stay here....Outstanding doesn't say enough! Great job Omni Royal Crescent staff, you guys were great!

BAD hotel

by TripAdvisor Member harleyguy

Having stayed there in middle october probaly would not return. I asked for the complimentary robe never received it after 4 tries. The elevator sounds like its in your room. No resturant except asian no giftshop beleive me its not worth the savings, stay close to harrahs your next to everything or maybe stay at harrahs. Had a great time in new orleans lil dirty, and why the liquor stores on the main street. Is there anywhere i can go where i dont get accosted by panhandlers and bums?? This omni hotel is a loser forget about the boutigue experiance it BAD full monty for us from now on

Bad - Not an 'Omni' hotel

My wife and I reserved a room here for two nights based on staying at Omni in San Antonio, which we love. This hotel really doesn't live up to their name. We drove into N.O. around 9PM and asked the front desk for a good restaurant recommendation. They told us about a place that was 5 blocks through dark alleys. When we got there, the place was shut down and in a bad neighborhood. So we decided to walk back and get room service. They said they had 24 hour room service, but every time we called the lady put us on hold indefinitely. Finally she told me she was closed. After argueing with the front desk, they went and talked to her. She finally brought up food and said "Next time you come earlier!" I'm like WHAT?

Anyway, I could go on, but the walls are paper thin, area is BAD but close to French Quarter (only plus). We asked to leave early and checked into the W Hotel which was awesome. Stay away from this Omni!

Omni was terrific - ignore the few bad reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Elitefreak

I was truly bowled over by the Omni. Let me explain that I travel a lot and am not easily impressed. My room (312) was extremely nice - well decorated, great bathroom amenities (and pink marble), phone in bathroom, speaker in bathroom so you can hear TV, FREE wireless internet, free bathrobes, chocolates on your pillow at night, etc, etc. When I called for a wakeup call, they ask "would you like a followup call 15 minutes later?" (kind of like a sleep alarm clock - what a nice touch!). TIP: Join the Omni guest program and you will be given door tags that entitle you each AM to one hot and one cold beverage (served on a nice tray and either delivered inside your room or left outside after a knock - with your paper). The location is right in the middle of the action - only a few minutes walk to casino, Bourbon St., etc.

I will definitely be staying at the Omni the next time I am in New Orleans.

We won't be staying there again

by TripAdvisor Member RemoteControl

I'll start by stating that our trip was during Mardi Gras 2005, so some of the problems we had can be expected. Our group of 2 couples arrived on Thursday evening (around 10:00pm) before Mardi Gras and checked in. The clerk was very nice and the check in was speedy. We had rented a car and were unsure what to do with it, since there is no parking structure for the Omni. He told us that he would call Valet Services and they would come get the car, and that when we needed our car to call the Valet about 10 minutes in advance of needing it. The room itself was very nice - not huge, but plenty for 2 people. The bathrooms are also very nice. No complaints there. The problems started the next day when we had nice, lukewarm water for our shower (in answer to our complaint about the water, we were told that mornings are the biggest drain on the hot water and perhaps we should shower at other times of the day). We called the Valet at 9:30am to bring out car around. At 10:10am it finally showed up. Later that day we received a notice under our door stating that due to the busy season, please be patient with the Valet service and to allow 20-30 minutes for the cars to be brought to to the front. Great - no problem. That afternoon we called at 4:30, so that we could have the car at 5:00. Well, the car finally showed up at 5:30. When we returned that night, there was a notice on the door stating that if we take guests take their cars out of Valet during the day, there may not be room in the lot to take them back at night. This just floored us! If they had told us this when we made the reservation, or even when we checked in, it would have been okay. We spent the rest of our trip parked in a lot 6 blocks away so that we wouldn't have to wait 2 hours to get our car from the Valet. The customer service was miserable when dealing with the hot water and valet problems. In addition, room service was slow and the food was cold. The location is great, and the rooms are nice, but the personnel, water and valet problems were enough to almost spoil our trip. I'm heading back to the W next Mardi Gras.

Near Perfect

Great location. Great room. Great rate/value. Easy walk to Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, Harrah's, St. Charles/Canal St./Riverfront streetcars, etc. You're gonna love the rooftop jacuzzi, small pool & fitness center. Only dings are in the otherwise lovely marble bathroom -- wierd shower enclosure and bad lighting. Be sure to join Omni Select Guest program for morning coffee, juice & newspaper.

Wonderful Hotel!

This was a great hotel! The room was clean, had floor to ceiling windows, the noise level was almost non-existent. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I received baggage assistance from and to my vehicle. It is a stones throw away from the French Quarter and everything New Orleans has to offer. The only discrepancy I had was the valet parking price. Since the hotel is in downtown New Orleans, there is no free parking. The internet quoted me one price, --- quoted me another, and yet another price was quoted by the front desk at the Omni. A little more consistantcy would not hurt. I had a good nights stay and got my free beverages in the morning for signing up with their Select Guest Program. Well worth the stay!

Small, dirty room but friendly service

by TripAdvisor Member jackiew25

I've never stayed at a bad Omni before and had pretty high expectations. My husband and I were both disappointed with this hotel. Our room was really small, dark and shockingly dirty. We were there for 3 nights and the clean factor never improved. The old feather pillows were uncomfortable and the linens seemed ancient. Someone pulled the fire alarm at 1:30am so the hotel had to be evacuated. Contrary to the photos on the website, the pool and roof terrace are about the size of a postage stamp.

All this being said, the front desk service was very friendly, hospitable and helpful. Given the choice, I would not stay here again. It definitely did not live up to its star rating.

Comments