4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

amextravel.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

french quarter

the omni royal orleans is located between royal and chartres streets in the heart of the french quarter. most of the attractions of the french quarter is a short walk from the hotel. the omni royal orleans offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this better chain.

Directions: french quarter.

• Excellent hotel

We were there for 3 nights and I was very pleased. Staff was attentive and eager to please!!

Virtual army of housekeeping staff-room always done whenever we wandered back during the day. Had a king room facing St. Louis street and that was great.
    Turndown service is a nice touch and the chocolate mints were good.

Used the concierge service on several occasions and they were a big help.

The local travel info channel was very helpful. Bell captain made sure to give us maps and info before we got to the room after checking in. This was volunteered to us.

My only complaint was that the mini bar was locked so if I did want to purchase bottled water and keep it cool, I couldn't get into the refrigerator. Their price for a quart of bottled water was 7.00 which I thought a bit high!

Unique Quality: They have a rooftop pool and bar and then an observation deck above that-nice way to see the city with a bird's eye view.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Spectacular Hotel

This is a beautiful hotel. Located at the corner of St. Louis at Royal in the heart of the historic French Quarter. No need for a car here, everything is within walking distance, cab ride or a horse drawn carriage.

There are 346 guest rooms that are furnished in 19th century New Orleans decor and are very comfortable. All rooms have marble bathrooms and executive writing desks. Our room didn't have a private balcony, however, it did over look the streets of Royal and St. Louis.

We were there the week before Christmas and it was decorated beautifully with LIVE Christmas trees in the entry way. Live music at night and street actors playing out scenes in the lounge area. Really neat.

The servies was amazing. On our first day, that didn't finish until our second day, at about 7:00 a.m. there was a beeping sound from a construction vehicle right outside our window. Needless to say, it was quite anoying since we had just gotten to bed a couple of your prior. We called down and told them about it and within a minute it stopped. I don't know if it was because they didn't want us to throw something out the window onto the vehicle or if they were just giving us good service. HA! Nun the less, it is a wonderful place to stay and will be our place of choice when we visit New Orleans again.

Unique Quality: The Touche Bar which is a popular French Quarter bar serving salads, sandwiches and light entrees. The entrance is located on Royal Street. Open 11 am - Midnight Sun. - Thu. and 11 am - 1 am Fri. and Sat.

This is a great place to rest after shopping or to grab a cocktail befor dinner.

Directions: French Quarter

• JERICO's Profile Photo

By all means try to stay in or...

By all means try to stay in or near the French quarter. There are so many smaller B&B style places, as well as smaller hotels, with terraces and gardens that really make travelling to NOLA fun. And many of them are reasonably priced. For one visit I stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans in the Quarter (on St. Louis Street), which was beautiful and perfectly located, if a little on the expensive side - but it was small enough to not feel 'industrial' yet big enough to have an excellent staff (and a concierge who was awesome). I also stayed at the Hilton Riverside once and would NOT recommend it - its big, kind of ugly, and always full of convention-goers. Wherever you stay though, make sure to plan well ahead because hotel reservations around the big events (Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest) get booked very fast and VERY early (I know people who go for Jazz Fest and book at that time for NEXT year's Jazz Fest).

More about Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans- feel like royalty

The Omni Royal Orleans was a step back into a more gentile era. We hosted a Sunday Jazz Brunch there for the guests of our wedding and stayed there for our bridal suite.Everything was top notch. Every person seemed to know our names. We felt like absolute royalty.All of our guests have been raving about the service and loved every minute of the weekend.I would not hesitate to stay there again. The Royal Suite is absolute decadent luxury.The only advice that I have is that you should pay the extra couple bucks to get the luxury king rooms instead of the queens.... a lot more space and a lot better atmosphere for a few dollars.LB

excellent

We spent two nights at the Omni Royal Orleans and loved it! In my humble opinion, it is the best place to stay! The hotel is conviently located to all parts of the french qtr and not too far away from the business district. The service and employees were professional as well as friendly. On the second evening our room filled with cigarette smoke. In the middle of the night the front desk personell promptly moved my wife and I to a more non smoking section. The room size was adequate, the bed was comfotable, cable t.v. stations were good and overall ambience was great. It will be our choice when we go back.
Enjoy!

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Greenlawnsue

We stayed at the Omni for 2 nights during the first weekend of Mardi Gras. I cannot rave enough about this hotel. I signed up for the Omni Select guest program online and received a few perks as a result. Our room was a King Superior with a view( I think that's how it's classified), which was a little on the small side, but everything else made up for the room size. The bed was comfortable the bathroom amenities were a nice touch and having turn down service was the icing on the cake. I had the turn down service with a chocolate on the pillow since I was a Select Guest member. We also had complementary coffee and juice sent up to the room each morning. Even if you are not a SG member, the staff is very accomodating. We were always greeted with a smile and "hello". I had a problem with my bill, actually a charge that shouldn't have been on there, that was handled quickly and without any question. We will definitely stay at the Omni Royal Orleans again.

Look for the Papa Noel rates in December

by TripAdvisor Member CarolP

Both before and after our Riverboat Cruise we stayed at the Omni Royal in the French Quarters( on Dec. 10 and 16th, 2003). What a great hotel and in a most convenient location! Best of all, after the 15th of December their "Papa Noel rates" kick in and we paid only $89.00 for a beautiful, spacious room with a "rack-rate" of $350.00

A differnt experience

by TripAdvisor Member IxtapaLover

We stayed here from Wed. - Sat. during the Papa Noel period. The front desk staff was not friendly at all. The bellman acted as if he just started and when asked a question didn't seem to know the answer. Not a good 1st impression. We asked if we could be upgraded due to only a 20% occupancy and they said we would have to wait the next day. We went out that night and upon returning to our room noticed our key did not work.
Went to the front desk and they said they had us a different room (that's why the key did not work). They gave us aking room with a balcony that over looked Royal street. It made our stay so much nicer.
That's what we had expected and always had no problem getting with the other hotels we stayed in during Papa Noel. It takes being a little pushy BUT nice to these front staff workers. All in all had a great time. Room serve is VERY expensive!! (due to all the taxes and delivery charges!!)

Glad I picked the Omni!

Spent alot of time researching NO Hotels and very happy I settled on the Omni. Queen room was small (which I new from comments) but very nicely appointed down to every detail with very comfortable bed.
Rooftop pool/bar down the hall (7th floor, I think) was great and seemed an extension of the room with super views of the Quarter and river. Conceirge was good and made dinner recommendations/reservations for us every night. I had pre-picked some restaurants and felt like we received special service and tables with the reservations coming from the Omni (celebrating Anniversary during our stay). And LOCATION. Did I mention Location? Typical evening was dressing up for dinner, drink at the pool bar (watch out they close early), walk or cab to restaurant in the Quarter, back to the room after dinner for awhile, then off to Bourbon Street, etc. for music. Parked the car for 4 days (expensive, but it's French Quarter) - never needed it. Omni helped make this a great trip!

Omni Royal Orleans or International House??

by Joanca

Hi

Was wondering if anyone can give me info on the Omni Royal Orleans and/or the International House. I have reservations for both, but can't decide which one to stay at. I know that Omni is in an incredible location, but heard that it can get noisy. Where as the International House is 2 short blocks outside the quarter, but heard the rooms and hotel are beautiful.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Omni Royal Orleans or International House??

by cromette

Both locations look okay, actually. I would prefer the Omni, and ask for a courtyard room and let the front desk know noise is an issue. If you can get a room that doesn't have street exposure, that would be choice. You heard that the Omni specifically can get noisy, or lodging in the French Quarter? Hmmm, curious, I am surprised. The location listed doesn't seem to be a terribly noisy one. Incidently, the ONLY reason I would prefer the Omni over the International is because I simply prefer to stay as close to Jackson Square as possible. I really don't see how you can go wrong here. Both look lovely, and both have good locations.

Re: Re: Omni Royal Orleans or International House??

by Joanca

Hi,
Crommette,
Thanks for your imput. I spoke to someone at the hotel and she said that if we were staying on the 2nd floor at the Omni it sometimes gets a bit noisy and that it wouldn't be a problem to get a room higher up. When we get there we're going to see if we can upgrade anyway. We'll be there by 10:00 am so even though we may not be able to get into a room that early, hopefully we'll check in early enough to get a nice upgrade. We really are leaning more toward the Omni because of the location and we got a pretty good deal. By the way, why do you like to stay closer to Jackson Square? This is my first time in NO so I'm no familiar with the area.

Thanks again

Re: Re: Omni Royal Orleans or International House??

by cromette

I know you're going to have a great time!

Why close to Jackson Square? We go to New Orleans primarily for the music (New Orleans Jazz). Also for food, drink, atmosphere/attitude, and history, but primarily the music. A lot of the musicians we know and love frequently play in Jackson Square. That's our favorite place to just sit and chill. When we've done all the tours, and we've eaten ourselves silly, and walked all over the quarter, and we're wondering what to do next, that's where we go. Please check out my travel pages, there are some great pictures and comments there, if I do say so myself!

Re: Omni Royal Orleans or International House??

by blndchick

My husband and I go to Nawlins every 2-3 years or so and every time we stayin the Omni. It's the perfect location. Yes, we stay on the 2nd floor because it has balconies and it's awesome, but in the mornings the noise can be loud, I agree. We've stayed at the Maison Dupuis before as well, but I definitely love the Omni!

Comments