Park Plaza New Orleans

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 31% more and rated 30% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Just a few blocks from French Quarter

This hotel is a New Orleans landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It's old, but the room was comfortable, and the best of all, you won't have to pay too much for it.

It's a few blocks from French Quarter, where everything is happening. You can walk or take a taxi, but I recommend the tram, which stops right in front of the hotel on Canal street.

A restaurant, a bar, and meeting rooms inside the hotel. Internet connection is available in every room for a fee. (The connection wasn't good at all. But, who want to work in a room, when you are in New Orleans?!)

Directions: A few blocks from French Quarter.

Take a taxi from the airport. ($18/person)

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Best place to stay at the airport in Kenner!

The newly-renovated Radisson at New Orleans International Airport in Kenner got a really bad reputation during its conversion from the old Airport Plaza hotel. But that was then and this is now. The construction work appears to be complete and our stay there was 100% satisfactory. This is the first time I've had anything good to say about a hotel near MSY, so please don't hesitate to give the place a chance. We only paid $41 plus tax and service charges by bidding on Priceline.com, and I can assure you it was worth it!

• eve72379's Profile Photo

New Orleans good accomodations

This hotel is now called the Park Plaza. the rooms were clean and inexpensive. It is far enough from the night life that you can still get a good nights sleep, but close enough that you can be in the middle of the action in less than 5 minutes.

The service is great!!!! There is a street car stop right outside the hotel.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Now the PARK PLAZA

We went to this hotel on our tour yesterday to pay as their main desk is in the hotel. The name of the hotel has changed to the Park Plaza. It is no longer the Radisson. You can see the new banner over the marque at the entrance.

It is a historic hotel and is right on the streetcar line, but it would be too far for me to walk down to the French Quarter and I wouldn't want to do it at night.

The only other item of note is that there are only 2 ladies room stalls on the ground floor near this payment desk, so I went up to the next floor where there were much more in the way of facilities.

Unique Quality: This isn't a AAA hotel, but they give it three diamonds and indicate that it is a Large-Scale hotel.

AAA says the rates for a double are $109 to $209 from October to the end of November which is the most expensive.

Directions: On Canal Street

• spartan's Profile Photo

A historic landmark

This 759-room historic hotel is a New Orleans landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places (also features a complimentary guest shuttle that departs hourly to the world-famous French Quarter).

Unique Quality: The employees really go out of their way to ensure your stay is a pleasant one...the only drawbacks being small rooms and valet parking (at $28.00/night).

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Historic Charm

This 759-room historic hotel is a New Orleans landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Unique Quality: The service is first class and the employees very friendly. They work very hard to ensure your stay is a satisfying one and if you are there long enough, they'll greet you on a first name basis. The only negative things about this hotel are the small rooms and parking (it doesn't exist so you end up paying the valet to park your car at $28.00/night).

• Zarah's Profile Photo

Radisson - not the best location for your stay

We stayed at the Radisson Hotel on Canal Street. While the rooms were modern and clean, the location may not have been the best. You can indeed walk to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street from the hotel, but it’s a long walk, and it’s not a walk you would really want to take at night. You will pass by a few shady blocks before getting to more busy areas of the French Quarter. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus that drops off passengers at different stops along a main route. The shuttle bus is available every hour, but if you can’t wait, you can take a cab for about $8.

Rooms and amenities are what you would expect from a Radisson, but the next time I visit, I will probably stay at the W or Sheraton, which are closer to the action.

Unique Quality: One great thing about this hotel is the rooftop pool and two hot tubs.

More about Park Plaza New Orleans

You people just like to ***

Ok, after I reserved a room here for 2 nights I read these reviews. I
was scared to death...even thought about changing my hotel plans. But I
got a heck of a deal on the room and decided to take my chances.

Obviously this place is not going to be the Ritz...I got the room for
$54 a night! But I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel as a whole.
The room was clean and the cleaning staff was there every day doing
their duties (some days too early!). The elevators worked pretty well.
They were sometimes slower when it was a busy time but as a whole I had
no trouble getting to and from my room.

The only complaint I have is the whole parking situation, which is pretty usual for New Orleans. We were pretty much forced to pay for valet parking ($28 a night) which to me is more typical of New Orleans locals trying to screw a tourist than it being specific for this hotel.

The people who are saying this is the worst hotel they have ever stayed
at obviously have nothing better to do or I was just lucky enough to
get the one great room in the whole place.

Don't believe all those horror stories you see in the reviews.....

by TripAdvisor Member andhow

...... I recommend this property! I had purchased my room on one of those internet sites where you don't know the property until after you buy it. After I read the posted reviews, I was at least to say VERY concerned. However, considering the rate I got and the scarcity of rooms in New Orleans during the Sugar Bowl, I thought we would stick it out (besides it was already charged to my credit card) We got there in the morning and were allowed to check in right away. We got a standard King room, which was a little on the small side, but was well furnished, very clean and in good repair. This is an older hotel property, so smaller rooms are to be expected. Besides we didn't come to NO to sit in the hotel room. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Despite the outcome of the game, our stay was nice. Maybe those other problems do exist, but we did not experience anything negative at all.
Considering it was during one of the most busy times, I was pretty surprised. The location at the end of Ccanal street is not in the middle of the action, but a few short blocks away from public transportation, but I understand that a Canal streetcar line will start to service the hotel sometime this year. I do recommend using the parking garage around the corner (much less than the hotel valet parking) I will stay here again....absolutely!

Comments