1525 Prytania Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Tags

Family Travel Road Trip Budget Travel
See Amenities
TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Prytania Park Hotel - Great Location!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 13, 2010

**Update 4/26/2013 - our second stay here, and my husband and I already think of this as "our hotel". Our room was on the bottom floor of the "main house", and was very quiet. Tall bed (I had to use the stepstool to get in!), lovely wood floors - I loved this room. Like the other room, the bathroom was small, but adequate. There was a hair dryer for my use, and an in-room coffee maker. This is an old house - very charming, but without some of the high-end amenities some people like. The paint is old, the brick is crumbling in places. But this hotel screams "NEW ORLEANS" - we will definitely stay here again.
********************************************************************************************************************

This hotel is in a GREAT location - on Prytania Street, one short block from St. Charles Avenue, with the restaurants, shopping, and access to the streetcar line. Rooms are charming - nice large bed. Our room was on the Prytania Street side, so periodically we would hear cars passing, but it did not disturb us at all. I love these boutique-type hotels - much more charm than a chain.

Vanity sink was cracked, but did not leak, and there was a water stain on the ceiling - these very minor items did not detract from our stay at all - we loved it! Rooms were clean, front desk staff was friendly (we couldn't figure out the ac/heater - she came to the room and set it for us), and overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Unique Quality: Perfect location for the tourist who wants quiet accommodations and access to public transit. Rooms are nice - large armoire (instead of closet), tv, vanity area separate from bathroom/shower. Inroom microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, & hairdryer. Free continental breakfast in the morning (lovely to eat in the courtyard area), and free off-street parking.

Directions: Garden District, one block from a St. Charles streetcar stop

You will get robbed!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 12, 2010

Stay away of this hotel.
The hotel is not located in a safe part of the city. The staff are friendly, but the rooms and furniture are very old. The bed has visible bugs, and they constantly come from the old walls and woods.
But beside all these, you get robbed!! I had 500 USD in my purse, inside one of the drawers, and it was stolen from my room when I was in the city. The interesting thing is that my new nail polish was also gone! Apparently the thief liked it's color!!
Of course the hotel manager does not accept any responsibility in this regard, even when they check the door and see that no one has entered the room except you and the cleaning staff... and according to the hotel manager, stealing has not happened in the hotel so far, but when talk to the staff you realize that it happens once in a while...
Apparently there is a safe box in the front desk, but they never inform the guests about it. When you lose your money, they immediately remind you of such a safe box...
Their behavior is ridiculous. I don't like New Orleans and I won't ever recommend this unsafe hotel to any one...

dila's Profile Photo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2005

I hope it still exices. i think the water reached this hotel too.
I liked the room very much there was a kind of high ceiling and a stair to another bed.
I had breakfast here too.
It is a bit out of the centre but sometimes i walked and sometimes i took a tram.
You have to pay for the parking too.
I arrived here 10 may 2004 and left 12 may 2004

Directions: there is a tram stop nearby but i forgot the name

Romantic Weekend Ruined

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 13, 2004

The staff was terribly rude and disrespectful! The room was nice enough, but the problems FAR outweighed the pleasures. The thermastat was set on about 80 on a mid-summer's day. It's the SOUTH! It's HOT! The refridgerator was also turned off, and the little tray under the freezer section was full of water. The fridge didn't even get cool until the next morning. Why turn it off if you know there will be guests in that room? Very unthoughtful, if you ask me. I do admit that the room was clean. The bathroom was a little dirty, hair and dirt in the corners. Upon expressing our concerns the next day, they said that they couldn't do anything to compensate, because we reserved our room on-line. I ALWAYS reserve online and I NEVER get that kind of terrible service. Overall, the Prytania Park Hotel has not earned my respect and I will never stay there again

mmcnie's Profile Photo

by written on August 26, 2002

US$59-100, good value

Unique Quality: This is where I stayed as a tour guide. The rooms are lovely. You can stay in the modern loft rooms which sleep 4 and have kitchen facilities, or stay in the smaller 'historic' section (old slave quarters). It is just around the corner from the St. Charles trolley which runs downtown in 10min.

Nearby Prytania Park Hotel

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Night Safety.
Garden District
Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
Cemeteries
St. Charles Line
Transportation
Drinking
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Cat's Meow