1525 Prytania Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Prytania Park
Booking.com Expedia.com Official Site

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Prytania Park Hotel - Great Location!

**Update 4/26/2013 - our second stay here, and my husband and I already think of this as "our hotel". Our room was on the bottom floor of the "main house", and was very quiet. Tall bed (I had to use the stepstool to get in!), lovely wood floors - I loved this room. Like the other room, the bathroom was small, but adequate. There was a hair dryer for my use, and an in-room coffee maker. This is an old house - very charming, but without some of the high-end amenities some people like. The paint is old, the brick is crumbling in places. But this hotel screams "NEW ORLEANS" - we will definitely stay here again.
    ********************************************************************************************************************

This hotel is in a GREAT location - on Prytania Street, one short block from St. Charles Avenue, with the restaurants, shopping, and access to the streetcar line. Rooms are charming - nice large bed. Our room was on the Prytania Street side, so periodically we would hear cars passing, but it did not disturb us at all. I love these boutique-type hotels - much more charm than a chain.

Vanity sink was cracked, but did not leak, and there was a water stain on the ceiling - these very minor items did not detract from our stay at all - we loved it! Rooms were clean, front desk staff was friendly (we couldn't figure out the ac/heater - she came to the room and set it for us), and overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Unique Quality: Perfect location for the tourist who wants quiet accommodations and access to public transit. Rooms are nice - large armoire (instead of closet), tv, vanity area separate from bathroom/shower. Inroom microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, & hairdryer. Free continental breakfast in the morning (lovely to eat in the courtyard area), and free off-street parking.

Directions: Garden District, one block from a St. Charles streetcar stop

• You will get robbed!

Stay away of this hotel.
    The hotel is not located in a safe part of the city. The staff are friendly, but the rooms and furniture are very old. The bed has visible bugs, and they constantly come from the old walls and woods.
    But beside all these, you get robbed!! I had 500 USD in my purse, inside one of the drawers, and it was stolen from my room when I was in the city. The interesting thing is that my new nail polish was also gone! Apparently the thief liked it's color!!
    Of course the hotel manager does not accept any responsibility in this regard, even when they check the door and see that no one has entered the room except you and the cleaning staff... and according to the hotel manager, stealing has not happened in the hotel so far, but when talk to the staff you realize that it happens once in a while...
    Apparently there is a safe box in the front desk, but they never inform the guests about it. When you lose your money, they immediately remind you of such a safe box...
    Their behavior is ridiculous. I don't like New Orleans and I won't ever recommend this unsafe hotel to any one...

• dila's Profile Photo

Prytania Park Hotel

I hope it still exices. i think the water reached this hotel too.
    I liked the room very much there was a kind of high ceiling and a stair to another bed.
    I had breakfast here too.
    It is a bit out of the centre but sometimes i walked and sometimes i took a tram.
    You have to pay for the parking too.
    I arrived here 10 may 2004 and left 12 may 2004

Directions: there is a tram stop nearby but i forgot the name

• Romantic Weekend Ruined

• mmcnie's Profile Photo

US$59-100, good value

Unique Quality: This is where I stayed as a tour guide. The rooms are lovely. You can stay in the modern loft rooms which sleep 4 and have kitchen facilities, or stay in the smaller 'historic' section (old slave quarters). It is just around the corner from the St. Charles trolley which runs downtown in 10min.

More about Prytania Park Hotel

Excellent Hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member sllArkansas

Our hotel stay was great. The price being under $70 was very good considering we left our car there while we cruised for free. Our room was a one bedroom suite with a loft and balcony; it was so beautiful. This hotel is in a good location, close to St. Charles street. But yet far enough away from all the noise of the street nightlife. We walked one block to several shops and to eat all our meals. The hotel's contential breakfast was good. We ate breakfast at a restaurant and snacked on the muffins and fruit while waiting to board the cruise ship. The hotel and our room was very clean. I would recommend, because the streets of New Orleans are usually one way, crowded, and narrow that you take a cab or the street car where ever you need to go. We left my car there at the hotel while on our cruise and it worked out better than had we drove to the terminal and parked. The hotel staff were wonderful and extremely nice. Don't let the old building near the hotel worry you. Prytania Park Hotel is nice and clean.

Thanks Prytania Park Hotel for making our first visit to New Orleans a memorable one. We highly recommend this hotel.

Littrells
Huntsville, Arkansas

Quaint, clean, but inconvenient

I would advise all using the internet to locate Hotel accomodations to call the hotel to verify information posted by websites. A link from A-1 Discount Travel stated that the street car was free in the Garden District, which is where the Prytania Park Hotel is located. Not True. Also, stated that parking was free. Not True. The Hotel itself was fine. However, the Continental breakfast was a joke. And it is a big hassle having to catch the street car & have correct change, etc. if you are going to French Quarter, etc. I will not stay here again.

A romantic weekend ruined!

The staff was terribly rude and disrespectful! The room was nice enough, but the problems FAR outweighed the pleasures. The thermastat was set on about 80 on a mid-summer's day. It's the SOUTH! It's HOT! The refridgerator was also turned off, and the little tray under the freezer section was full of water. The fridge didn't even get cool until the next morning. Why turn it off if you know there will be guests in that room? Very unthoughtful, if you ask me. I do admit that the room was clean. The bathroom was a little dirty, hair and dirt in the corners. Upon expressing our concerns the next day, they said that they couldn't do anything to compensate, because we reserved our room on-line. I ALWAYS reserve online and I NEVER get that kind of terrible service. Overall, the Prytania Park Hotel has not earned my respect and I will never stay there again.

Gem in the Garden District.

Just got back from a lovely stay at the Prytania Park Hotel. The room was like a semi-suite with two queen beds, one was up a spiral staircase to a loft. Breakfast was just enough to get us on our way to the streetcar which is quite convenient. The hotel is close to Commander's Palace where we had a fantastic ($$$) dinner one night. We were able to walk to Emeril's Delmonicos restaurant for a great brunch ($$$$), which was just around the corner from the hotel. The staff was great, especially Paul the evening person. We almost felt like we were in a B&B as we got to know most of the staff. It's not in the French Quarter, but we were able to go there and get back easily on the streetcar and with cabs. We discovered the Garden District and now will stay there everytime we go back.

Contrary to Popular Belief

I had read the reviews before going to the prytania park hotel and was scared. Then when I realized that I had been charged before I showed up at the hotel and it was impossible to cancel my reservation I was really scared. But, when I showed up and got to my room, all fears were gone. I was lucky to be in one of their antique rooms. Room 103 to be exact. Really nice for the price. Great big room, comfortable bed and pillows, wish there was more than a shower though. The front desk staff was really helpful (and cute too!). No need to pay the $13 per night parking at this hotel though, there is plenty of free parking around the block. I would go back, but only if I had that same room, in the same part of the hotel. IT's also nicely centrally located, easy access to the street car, Magazine Street, and far enough away from the French Quarter to be restful!!!

Comments