Q&C Hotel

Paul2001's Profile Photo

Decent but Overpriced Hotel Downtown Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 8, 2013

It was very difficult to find a hotel for my stay in New Orleans. There were two conventions in town (one for agricultural feed and the other for doctors) and a blues festival. Most one the ones I wanted to book myself in were filled up. I had to stoop down to this not well reviewed hotel. I did not hate the Queen & Crescent despite all the damning reviews in trip advisors. I just thought that it was over priced but then again the prices were hiked up because of the above mentioned conventions.

Unique Quality: The rooms were clean and reasonably sized for my purposes. They seem to be attempting to turn this place into a boutique hotel but the results are mixed. Although it has been recently renovated it was done cheaply. The wallpaper work was awful. However the washroom was pretty big. There is a good bar here but no restaurant.

Directions: It is located in the downtown district. It is about 500m from Canal Street and that end of the French Quarter. The Aquarium and Superdome are also fairly close. It also a close walk to the World War Two Museum

Good thing we don't live far!

by written on October 10, 2010

Check in is at 4, and we were Lucky enough to get the last "clean" room! There was a huge line of people behind us that were told to come back due to the staff not having the rest of the rooms ready. Upon entry to our room (after waiting 15 minutes for the elevator that had a mind of it's own) we noticed it was extremely hot. We called the desk(at 4:30) and they said they would be up to check on it. After leaving for Bourbon, and returning, our room was still as hot as ever, and it was 1 in the morning. We were told there was no one there to look at the air conditioner, and we would get 1/2off of our stay. After telling the clerk that we wanted a cooler room, he was very rude and told us that if it were him, he would have just found somewhere else to stay. We wound up demanding a refund, and heading home at 2am. I feel sorry for the others that stayed there who didn't have the luxury of simply packing up and heading home. There was constantly a line of people at the desk who had complaints. There was a woman whose room had been double booked, and strangers entered her room. Another woman whose car was wrecked by the valet, and he told her he had white spray paint to fix the scratches he had put on her car! As often as we frequent New Orleans, THIS hotel has seen the last of us!

Valuables Taken

by written on September 10, 2010

Yes, I left jewelry when I checkout out on 9/5/10. Stupid, I know, but that doesn't justify the housekeeping department stealing it and then lying about the theft. I lost my jewelry, but they lost my and my friends' future business.

DON'T STAY HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by written on November 28, 2009

I think I found the problem with this Hotel, everything. We arrived Wed. Nov 25 and planned to stay till Sat the 28. Could not take it anymore and left Fri. the 27.
When we arrived the Hotel was virtually empty and we had made reservations on Bookit for a king room. The desk clerk was very nice and put us in a king room on the second floor and of course it was right across from the loudest ice machine in the world, that would not stop after 15 minuets, and could be heard in the room. They changed the room to one on the third floor. This one had a running toilet. Back down to the desk and the clerk told us all the king rooms are in the same two lines, so we go to the ninth floor. This one you could hear the running toilet in the wall in the bathroom, but if you closed the door it was bearable. Thurs comes and the maintenance man comes to our room to hear the noise, and hears it, and says he will check all the toilets in the line to see which one it is and does something to our toilet. When we come back from Thanksgiving dinner (which was great and not in the hotel) the maintenance man tells us a long story about old pipes and plumbing and offer to change our room again, which we did. Four rooms later we found on that was pretty quiet with the bathroom door closed.
The free parking is first come first serve we were lucky they were empty when we arrived and our car was parked till Fri.
They 7.95 a day for mandatory internet and phone. The internet does not work in the rooms, I had to go to the Lobby Bar for access.
The employees try to help but as I found out from the people that run the parking concession for this group of hotels, the General Manager is the cause of all the problems.
On Fri. morning I spoke to the General Manager about getting a refund for Fri. Night as we were checking out and going home. He said he would check into it and call me. He never called I finally called him. He said he spoke to the maintenance man who told him he did not hear anything. The manager lied right to me, as I know the fellow heard the noise and changed our room. Bye the way he could have rented the room as 400000 people were expected for the weekend for a college rivalry game at the Super Dome.
While I was checking out I told the Desk Clerk what happened and that her GM lied to me, and she he does that to everybody, and he is aware of the problems he just doesn’t do anything.
The parking attendant got me the number to owners of the Hotel group and that none of the other Hotels are like this.
Save your money don’t stay at this Hotel

denver662's Profile Photo

Great Deal in New Orleans...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2007

We stayed for 3 nights and for the price, it was an exceptional deal. We were less than a 10 minute walk from the French Quarter and far enough away to be away from the noise. The accomadations were excellent and the staff were very helpful. The rooms are nice and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you're on a budget.

Unique Quality: They offer wi-fi service.

Directions: Warehouse District

Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Queen and Crescent Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 21, 2005

I stayed at the Queen and Crescent two years ago and wasn't impressed. I wasn't completely turned off by it either, however, so it wasn't a complete loss. The lobby was basically non-existent and there weren't any standout charracteristics of the hotel-it could have been in any city and part of any chain. They did provide robes, however, and the bathrooms were of good size. The selling point was the location-about five minutes or less to the French Quarter. It was also very reasonably priced. In February we paid about $55 a night for the room. Overall, I think there are better places to stay in New Orleans, but I wouldn't exclusively rule it out either.

Unique Quality: The hotel can arrange tours of the city and surrounding area for you. They booked a really nice jazz dinner cruise for us. Some of their room amenities include:
plush robes, mini-bars, in-room safes, hair dryers, coffee & coffee makers, irons & ironing boards, in-room fax and modem capabilities and original art work.

Directions: Take I-10 towards Westbank (US 90), exit St Charles / Carondelet Street. Continue to the 3rd red light to Camp Street. Go through 6 red lights and the hotel is on the right side.

Cynigal's Profile Photo

Queen and Crescent Hotel

by written on August 25, 2002

Great internet prices. I think I paid around $85 mid week, and $120 on the weekend.

Unique Quality: Very clean. Small rooms, but beautifully decorated. Nice bellman, who can flag down a cab anytime you need it. Best value!!

Directions: 344 Camp Street
New Orleans, LA

Located in the Central Business District, less than a mile from the French Quarter (walking distance).

Nearby Q&C Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Garden District
Night Safety.
Cemeteries
Things to Do
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
French Market
Cat's Meow
Tours
House of Blues
Nightlife
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Preservation Hall