Quality Inn And Suites New Orleans

Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Rated 25% higher but also costs 30% more than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Quality Inn And Suites New Orleans

Good for the price, could be closer to CC.

by TripAdvisor Member ukjingai

I stayed there for 5 nights just during a large convention and conference event. The hotel itself was clean, and I personally enjoyed the privacy that the mini-suit gave me and my colleague. We actually paid for one room, but had two separate rooms.
The breakfast was quite nice. There were bread, jam, yogurt, coffee, fruits and other things every morning. The staff were nice and friendly. The location was OK, however if you are there for he convention center look for somewhere closer. It was a short walk to the Burbon street however. There is an advantage for this place compared to Holiday inn, and that is, it is quieter. The city had not fully recovered from the hurricane yet, so some overall shortcomings were expectable including the transportation and security.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member cipriand

The rooms are small but very clean and everything is new . The French Quarter is 2 blocks away.The staff was very helpful and nice.I hope that next time when I'm in New Orleans the rates are not to big for me at this hotel , I would love to stay here again.

Best Deal in New Orleans

by TripAdvisor Member romeint

This hotel is a wonderful bargain. It's just short walk from the large convention hotels and probably half the price. My convention was at the Sheritan, which charges $209 plus tax. The Quality Inn was less than $100 a night including tax, and this is for a room with one kingsided bed (I am on my own) a small fridge,and a small microwave. The room is solid and quiet, if small. It isn't all plastic. Even if I'd had the money to waste on the Sheridan, I'd prefer being here because there were no crowds, traffic jams at the elevators, etc. It's price is low because it's just a little bit outside of the convention area, but not enough to make a differenceor to make walking dangerous. It's just a block off Canal, opposite the upper part of the French Quarter. There's a Sub Station next door (it's hard to find good cheap food in N.O.), and a wonderful Sikh Indian restaurant (Tandoori something...) just half a block away near Canal which is never crowded (unlike the F.Q. restaurants, even the dumps.) The manager let me check in very early (I arrived at 11:30 am and check in is at 3 pm, and he's presently letting me stay over a few hours because I have a late flight.. If the hotel were full, I'm sure that wouldn't happen, but they're really working to get business--good service, very polite and helpful. I'd suggest booking through the hotel, not Hotel.com, which shows a higher price than I paid.

Wonderful stay at the Quality Inn

by TripAdvisor Member wallace63

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites on O’Keefe Ave. for two nights in April. Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious, and the location was great. The hotel is only about 2 blocks from Canal Street, and within a 15 minute walk of Jackson Square. It’s also convenient to the Freret bus line, which runs to Uptown. My only note of caution is that while it’s a quick and safe walk during the daytime, you shouldn’t try to walk between the hotel and the Quarter at night. There are plenty of taxis to be had though, and it’s a cheap fare.

Great room, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member brian_lorraine

Stayed 1 night, having previously been at the O'Keefe Plaza hotel (almost next door, which was terrible!!)

Very friendly staff who all went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, particulary Stanley on front desk who was so nice to us. Even the night-time security man was talkative and helpful.

Our room was comfortable and clean, with good beds and bathroom. They had put bottles of mineral water and local made crisps (potato chips) on the beds which was a nice touch.

Good location - just 10 minutes to the French Quarter and in a safe neighbourhood. Parking was at a garage across the street which felt quite secure.

Altogether a great stay. Very good value for money. I've stayed at the main Marriott in New Orleans before, and considering that this was half the price, it was twice as good.

Great Quality Stay

by TripAdvisor Member johe313

Very nice hotel located basically two blocks from Bourbon Street. The management and staff at this hotel are of high quality. When I drove up to the front door to register, the manager greeted me to give me the needed instructions on how to proceed. Because of availability I was upgraded to a suite for the same price of a regular room. Best service I've had at a hotel from the time I drove up until it was time to leave in a very long time. Very clean rooms. Very clean hotel.

Quality for the price

by TripAdvisor Member seniorMobile

Booked thru Hotel.com for a quaranteed low price for 2 nights with free self parking in the next block. Were there to see a preseason football game at the Superdome. Arrived 1/2 hour prior to check in time but was able to check in since the room was ready. Staff were friendly and helpful. Upgraded at no extra cost from a queen to king size room since one was available. Room was on the small size but clean and had plenty of towels, a small microwave and fridge. Within easy 20 minute walk to superdome. Free average continental breakfast.

A great deal October 9 and 10

by TripAdvisor Member ednat7

The staff at this hotel cannot be beat! They greeted us as if old friends, upgraded our king room to a suite with no extra cost and were full of information to make our trip more pleasant. Suite was spacious, very clean and quiet. $17 daily parking fee was waived for one day. Continental breakfast was expansive...including scrambled eggs and microwaveable sausage sandwiches....plus the usual cereal, fruit, pastries, etc. Our bill for two days was $220 including taxes and parking.

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member adrianandlois

My wife and I stayed in the hotel for two nights in early October.
The general manager Stanley was working the front desk, a really pleasant man and very helpful and a credit to the Quality hotels. We presented him with the Roomsaver discount voucher which he took with no problem. The room was clean,bright and
in good condition, better than some we have stayed in. Breakfast was very good, more than adequate. Location very good for city center considering price, a bit iffy at night [cheap cab ride to town]
The only slight down side is that the car park is across the road[12 dollars 24 hours] but what the heck your on holiday. All in all great place as long as they stay competitive on price.

Nice Property, Good Location & Excellent Staff

by TripAdvisor Member bdawgfan

Spent three nights at the Quality Inn & Suites for the Sugar Bowl. We loved it and highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New Orleans. The hotel was in a very convenient location within walking distance to Bourbon Street and the Superdome. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

I booked this room on Quikbooks for $144/night which was a very good price considering most comparable hotels were full or charging over $230 because of the Sugar Bowl and New Years Eve.

The Manager, Stanley was working at the Front Desk when we arrived and gave us an upgrade to a suite. He called me and my wife by our names thereafter; a very nice touch. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I almost exclusively use Priceline to book my rooms but nothing was available when I began planning this trip. But even after rooms became available on Priceline for ~$100/night for 4* hotels, I decided to stick with this reservation and I'm confident that I made the right choice. The parking was only $17/night and a decent breakfast was included.

Comments