700 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• travelingbunny's Profile Photo

Art-tastic place to stay

We stayed here for 4 nights in 2003 right after they opened for an unbelievable $54 a night. The rooms are very nice and stylish, (with great bath & body toiletries) as are all the public areas, including the restaurant. It's very attractive, but is definitely a "big chain" hotel type of style- not as funky and fabulous as say Hotel Monaco or Loft 523.

Unique Quality: Because the hotel was so new when we stayed there it was relatively quiet, and we often had the great rooftop pool all to ourselves. Wonderful views of the city.

Directions: Warehouse District

More about Renaissance Arts Hotel

Wonderful!!!

We stayed at the Renaissance Arts Hotel during Spring Break, 2005. The hotel is lovely, eclectic and "funky", the perfect mixture of comfort and fun!
The property has a "boutique" feel to it, while being large enough to accomodate both business and leisure travelers. Everywhere you look is art from both local and regional artists, and art is even incorporated into the fixtures (such as the chandeliers in the lobby) and even the carpet!
The customer service is impeccable! They met our every need and then some. You call for an item and they immediately being it to you. They even helped me with directions twice and I didn't even ask--they saw me standing in the lobby with a map and they approached me. It reminded me of the customer service at Disney World.
The rooms are colorful and beautiful, there is art in your room and even the bathroom. Very clean and we had a nice view of the "art gardens". Stay here, it's great!

Outstanding!!!

I can't say enough about this hotel and I travel often. Quiet location, great lobby and bar area inside. Cleanliness was outstanding. Pool and hot tub on the roof was very relaxing and modern. The view from the hot tub was awesome as you are surrounded by sky-scrapers. You are 5-10 minutes away from all the hustle and bustle walking which is what we wanted. Staff was outstanding. I will stay there again in a heartbeat as I checked out the Hilton/Doubletree/Marriott and they are no where near this hotel in terms of cleanliness and updated facilities.

Wonderful Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member LovetoVacation2

Stayed at this hotel December 28 thru December 31st, 2004. Absolutely beautiful hotel. Art work is wonderful. Staff is very helpful and courteous. Will definitely stay there again. Great location as well.

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member y2flu

Very nice hotel, away from the noise and crowds. Beautiful artwork and gallery in the lobby. Restaurant was also quite good. Room, however, was just average. A good choice if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street.

Good hotel out of French Quarter

Had a very nice two night stay at the Renaissance. It was my first time staying outside of the French Quarter and was pleased to find that the hotel was so conveniently located. The artwork was interesting as was the funky room decor. Was a little disappointed that the cleaning staff didn't come by my room until late in the afternoon, however. About a block from Emeril's, which is always a plus.

Good hotel, a few issues

by TripAdvisor Member pharmco

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in March. The hotel is very nice inside with a very hip and new style. The service was very good and the staff was friendly. The rooms were nicely styled even though some of the furniture is Marriott corporate standard. The rooms have high ceilings and are very quiet.

There are some good resturants very near. Check out Tommy's next door for great Italian food with supurb service and atmosphere. Also, Emeril's and Mother's are a block away.

Now for the issues. On a Saturday night the large and very hip looking bar was full. Normally a good thing, but I only saw 3 wait staff there and obviously the service was bad. Worse was I didn't get the drink I ordered and my girlfiend's drink was almost undrinkable. So you need to go out to get a good drink. Who cares, it's New Orleans right? Well, it is a walk to the Quarter. My GF and I are athletic but everytime we would pass Canal St. we would wish we were staying somewhere closer. Also the resturant is pretty fancy so we ate all our meals out as well. So the very nice inside was wasted on us other than the room.

If you like a unique hotel with great privacy and LOVE to walk this is the hotel for you! With all the nice hotels between this one and the Quarter I know I will stay somewhere closer next time.

Best Hotel in NOLA - close to the action, but not too close!

Boutique hotel, with the service and amenities of Marriot - just outside the French Quarter. Nicely decorated, quiet rooms. Great pool. One of the best restaurants - attracting both locals and tourists. There is always a lot of walking in New Orleans and staying at the Arts does add to this. But the hotel is close to the French Quarter, the streetcar lines, Canal Place and Riverwalk. What more can you ask for. You won't find any musty rooms nor problems with creature comforts here (i.e. water, etc.). Friendly and helpful staff - tip use the concierge to book hard to get restaurant reservations! We will definately stay here again.

Nice Change of Pace

Stayed at the Arts Hotel during the first week of March and must say that I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. Only a short walk from the French Quarter and close to Harrah's.

We ate at the restaurant twice (breakfast was average, but dinner was very nice). Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. Small pool and workout area, but loved the art work and tasteful decor.

I would recommend and stay here again.

Great hotel!!!!!

This hotel was great. I got two free nights that harrahs gave me. It had a very colorfull and unique hotel decor. Very nice hotel staff and the cute bellman helped our lost friends on the phone find their hotel. The rooms are so cool and super comfortable with down(I think down) comforts. We loved our stay and we be back even if its not free.

by monzmom

Hi. I'm planning my 1st trip to New Orleans and found a great deal on this hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Most of the reviews I've read are good. Thanks in advance for your help! DU

Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel

by Shaft28

I had family stay there for a day or two during my wedding in 2003 - they enjoyed their stay and location (no too close to the loud action, but close enough to get there).
Have fun, be safe - N.O. can be a bit sketchy at night off the main drag..

Comments