Renaissance Pere Marquette

Travelocity Priceline.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• EricO25's Profile Photo

Nightmarish

Do not stay at this hotel! My bag was stolen or "lost" by the bellman, and after two months, Marriott has not only not reimbursed my expenses, but has taken no steps to reach out and make this right. Furthermore, one of the staff members accused me of lying about the loss when I had the claim ticket for the bag. Horrible experience, will try to avoid Marriott in the future!

Unique Quality: Thieving bellmen!

More about Renaissance Pere Marquette

Great Stay.WONDERFUL STAFF!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bigguyinpasadena

A great find in New Orleans.Tastefuly decocorated public areas and rooms,great beds.
My room was an odd shape,but large,quiet(14th floor)and had a huge batroom with a tub/shower combo.
The staff never said "no"to any of my request,and I can be demanding at times.EVERYONE I encountered at this hotel were as friendly as could be.
This is going to be my base in NOLA from now on.

the conceirge named Ashley was very helpful

by TripAdvisor Member mingcpeng

We enjoyed our stay here very much over the Halloween weekend. It was very close to Burbon street. The rooms were a little small but other then that it was great. The Concerige named Ashely was so very nice and helpful. We were looking for a top rated restaurant at the last minute for Halloween night and he called and arranged it for us.

Nice hotel, small room

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in October. The hotel is nicely decorated and the staff were pleasant. Unsolicited, they upgraded our room at check-in to the club level. Although, having stayed there I don't believe I would pay extra for it. The complimentary breakfast was very routine, fruit, bagel etc. Our biggest complaint was the size of the room. VERY SMALL. Actually hard for two people to unpack and store two suitcases! Aside from the size, the room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The location was reasonably convenient and quiet. It was an easy walk to the french quarter and the tram is nearby. Lunch at Renee's located in the hotel was very good. At the price we paid I would probably consider elsewhere for a more spacious room.

A nice find.

I am frequent visitor to New Orleans I have stayed in many of the Canal area highrise hotels. The Pere Marquette certainly surpasses many of the cookie cutter properties in staff attutude and accomodation. I agree with another's comment that parking is a bit steep, esp for guest.

I had a housekeeping issue upon my arrival. I telephoned the supervisor and she persoanlly corrected the problem. The front desk staff was also helpful with faxes, etc. The morning attendant in the concerige lounge was especially friendly. (Be sure to try and get a room ending in -18...very nice size room.)

Rene Bistrot is one of my favorite New Orleals eateries, so to be in the same building was wonderful.

I will definitely stay here again.

Very Nice and a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member TravelRick

I tried this hotel and I liked it a lot! The rooms aren't the largest but they were nicely decorated and the Art Deco is a very nice touch. The Bed was comfortable and the staff very bice and friendly with an welcome ring of Beads. The Lounge is very nice and getting around is quick and easy. You are basically a block from Canal and Bourbon and it is by far quieter! I've stayed at many hotels here and in the French Quarter. I prefer the business district where pere Marquette is. I think you will enjoy it!

Pere Marquette - C'est Bon!

by TripAdvisor Member Hummel

An apology for the lateness of this review -- we stayed for 4 nights last March at the Pere Marquette. After reading so many complaints about rooms not being clean at various hotels, I chose the Pere Marquette because it was new and had good reviews. It turned about to be a great place to stay! The decor is "moderne" but it's light and colorful, not distressingly spare and cold as some of the ultra-chic hotels are. Our room was not large but it was perfectly comfortable. The house restaurant, Rene Bistrot, had excellent food - wonderful breakfasts, as well as French dinners. The staff at the hotel and restaurant are definitely customer-oriented - they are so well-trained to be friendly and polite, it's clearly a corporate value. We noticed the pleasant attitude all around the hotel. When we had breakfast across the street at the Fairmont one morning the difference in staff attitude was very apparent. The location is quite convenient for walking to the French Quarter or taking the street car to the Garden District. All in all, a very pleasant stay!

comfy beds, top-notched service

Moderate-sized boutique hotel in a great location. It's one block from Canal Street and Bourbon Street. The beds are very comfortable with great fluffy pillows. The bathrooms come with Bath & Body Works products, Q-tips, shoe shine cloth, hairdryer, and cotton balls. The service is very courteous and always done with a smile. Its restaurant, Rene Bistrot, is one of the best in the city, serving delicious French cuisine that can be ordered for room delivery. The only big downside is the cost of internet. They charge you $9.99 per day, yet there's no wireless. The walls are a bit thin, but that seems to be a typical problem of New Orleans hotels.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DieFlaterMouse

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend. Overall I was very impressed. The hotel was nice and I found the staff very polite and accommodating, for the most part. Our room and bathroom were both very large and clean. I did notice from the floor plan on the evacuation plan on the back of our door that we were in one of the larger rooms on our floor. Walking by a few open doors confirmed that some of the rooms were much smaller than ours. The bed was extremely comfortable.

Now the cons: we booked a romance package that came with champange and strawberries and a free breakfast. No one ever mentioned anything about our package. I specifically had to ask at check in about our champagne and strawberries. The girl said she would let room service know and send them right up. An hour later I had to call the front desk to check on it. They arrived shortly after that. Again, the next morning I had to call and find out about our free breakfast. So, I was a little disappointed that I had to constantly ask about receiving everything from our package.

I found the waitress in the restaurant to be rather unfriendly, at least to the wife and me. She was very chatty with others that came in, but not very attentive to us.

And finally, someone apparently removed our do not disturb sign during the night and I had the maid banging on my door at 8:00 a.m. to ask what time I was checking out.

Overall, I liked this hotel a lot and would stay there again, despite the few disappointing experiences we had.

Comfortable, quiet, luxurious

by TripAdvisor Member Brian Thomas

This hotel is a welcome relief from standard New Orleans fare. The rooms are imaginative, the bathrooms large and boutique-like and the hotel in general is clean and quiet. I had a lovely corner room. Try for the high floors, and get the rooms ending in 15 if you can. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Top notch restaurant and bar.

Best of all, elevators always came right away. I checked in at noon with no problem and no special arrangements. Great location one block from the quarter.

staying in New Orleans

by jfos3059

My husband and I are planning to stay for 5 nights in New Orleans in April. After reading lots of reviews about dangerous areas and where not to stay and what not to do I'm slightly confused where the best hotel areas are. We love to sightsee by walking. We are in our late 40's. Can anyone help me out here.
Thanks

by stamporama

Like you, my wife and I are in our 40s and I was just as concerned about avoiding the no-go areas when I was choosing a hotel. We finally settled on La Quinta Inn along Camp St., just 2 blocks from Canal St. It was reasonably near enough to walk to the French Quarter and its sights, a block away from the streetcar route, and the rate was within our budget. Click on my tip below.

I would recommend however that you book ahead and stay at one place for 1-2 days then transfer somewhere else for your other nights even just for a change of scenery and breakfast fare. I'm sure you'll have the chance to scout around the other hotels. Have fun!

by johnfromoz

My family of four stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on Canal St & walked everywhere, to the French Quarter, Bourbon St, the river, Harrah's casino "day & night" & to St Louis Cemetery "daytime only" without any problems. The hotel was great & gave us good access to most of what New Orleans is famous for without the security worries.

by Dymphna1

I remember putting people in the Days Inn and they liked it. I used to do all the hotels for tradeshows.

by Rixie

My husband and I stay at La Maison Marigny, a B&B on the quiet edge of the French Quarter, and do a lot of walking, and we've never had any problems.

As with any city, use common sense when walking around at night. You'll be fine at night if you stick to the Quarter/Riverwalk, which are very heavily policed.

by DanielDiNicola

Hi! We stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette located at 817 Common Street 70112 and had a really good experience. The room was a nice size for two people and was very clean. Compared to my brother's hotel down the street, the Renaissance also smelled much nicer and I preferred the layout--it was just easier to get to our rooms.

It is located within walking distance from the Bourbon Street madness or Canal Street. The French Quarter is definitely a good place to do some walking--plenty to do, see, and taste all over :D

Enjoy!