Royal Street Courtyard

2438 Royal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70117, United States

More about Royal Street Courtyard

The Hot Tub was Great!

We came down from Montgomery, AL to do some repair work at our son's house and stayed at the Royal Street Courtyard Bed & Breakfast. Phillip and David were extremely accomodating, and the atmosphere at the B&B was wonderful. After working all day, the hot tub was an added blessing! We highly recommend this B&B!

Hospitality with a Capital H!

A last minute decision to go and listen to a band in New Orleans. Phillip, the Innkeeper at Royal Street Courtyard Bed & Breakfast, promptly answered my email request regarding room availability. Due to heavy committments I wasn't able to give him a final yes or no until 24 hours before our arrival. We arrived at 8pm and were shown our lovely room which opened onto a verandah overlooking Royal Street. I hasten to add this was a quiet part of Royal Street. The B&B is just outside the French Qtr., but within a 3 minute walk of Frenchmen street. The band (reason for the trip - see opening sentence) was due to start at 10pm, it's now 8:30pm and we're hungry - no food since lunch. Phillip recommended a restaurant called Adolpho's also on Frenchmen Street and also what to order. We ordered Ocean Veal and had a simply delightful meal. The house Chianti was very drinkable. The restaurant's atmosphere is equal to a trip to either France or Italy (take your pick). The band "Ingrid Lucia and The Flying Neutrinos" playing at DBA was grand. I had last heard them on September 9, 2001 in NYC. How often do you get to dance while a band plays a tune just for you! Back at the B&B by 1:30am and up again at 5:45am to catch a plane back home. But not before 'Mein Host' has risen and made us coffee which surely was way "above and beyond the call of duty". We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone planning to spend time in The Big Easy. Having stayed at this B&B we won't need a band as a reason to return, this B&B is reason enough. Thank you Phillip.
Cheers, Hannah Mallon

Best place I've stayed on any US travels

This place you can fall in love with. Well, not just the place (it's great); not just the area (it's relaxed, funky, friendly, central and very, very beautiful); but the people who work here. Let me fill you in. We're from the UK, and left booking for our trip to New Orleans and surrounding area late. Initially, we booked the days following our arrival here and the days leading up to our departure at another hotel in town – just to be on the safe side. However, as soon as we arrived, it was plain that we'd had a real spot of luck booking into this place – and we ended up cancelling our other, later booking and returning here for our final few days too! Why? Because within hours of our arrival, we actually felt like we lived here. Philip, the owner, is young, friendly, knowledgeable and just incredibly giving – without ever being in anyone's face – and the whole vibe is almost like living there (in whichever quarters in this grand old pre-civil-war toenhouse you are in) and having him as a neighbour. The set-up is informal – depending where you stay you've got the full (massive) suite with own (massive) kitchen, the (small but charming) former servant's loft and verandah, or something in between. There's an outdoor hot-tub and whirlpool that's free to all, garden, front porch with rocking chairs to the quiet street... and all on a corner that's quiet, relaxed, yet discreetly studded with charming coffee shops and brasseries... and a very short, pleasant stroll to the French Quarter. My partner and I now know the real meaning of 'Southern Hospitality' – generous, informal, life-affirming and warm. Philip and David – thanks for an amazing stay. We won't forget it.

The Best B & B in New Orleans

This B & B is fantastic! Phillip and David are the most gracious of hosts, and there is no evidence of Katrina damage. The rooms are cozy and comfortable, the garden and hot tub are lovely, and the sitting room has true old-world charm. The service and hospitality are outstanding, and we could not have asked for a more wonderful place to stay.

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member DogMom101

This B&B is in a charming old house, not sure of the age, but it has character - in a good way! Phillip was very helpful both before I arrived and afterwards. He recommend several good restaurants and things to do and filled me in on the history of the house and the area. The room was big, comfortable and included a fridge, which was nice to bring drinks back to the room. It was a short walk to the french quarter, which helped to walk off dinner! I enjoyed my stay very much.

The hotel came through as the reviews posted

by TripAdvisor Member ggg5312

We had to go to NOLA for a wedding at hotel Monteleone last weekend. After looking up the prices of the hotels in French Quarter plus the parking fees, we were directed to check the inn/B&B. We decided on Royal Street Courtyard on good reviews and price, not to mention free parking on the street. We had room #11 as rec. by Phillip. The fridge is a nice plus. The room is very big. The shower stall reminded me of hotels in Europe, small, however, adequate for a long weekend. We felt safe and comfortable the whole time we stayed at the inn. Phillip was very gracious and helpful with any requests or inquiries we might have. We walked back and forth between the inn and FQ several times but on the wedding day, we used taxi. Thank you Phillip and pet Twister for me.

Fantastic accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member jodash

Stayed at the Royal St Courtyard for 1 week at the end of october, what a wonderful place. The property is wonderful, bedroom was big and very comfortable and very clean as was the whole property. Philip and David were so helpful and informative. I can't recommend this B+B enough. If you are visiting NO this is the place to stay. We walked into the FQ everyday/night and felt very safe. We would just like to say a big THANK YOU to philip and David for looking after us.Oh and hello to twister the cat !!!

Ultimate Host - Awesome Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member staznnawlins

I can't imagine a better host. After the first phone call, Phillip was a friend in the city. He was spot on with many recommendations - from restaurants, to what cab to use. Honestly, you feel like you've known him forever - and can ask him about anything!

We experienced excellent accomodations, superior service, and the privacy we wanted for a weekend getaway. The "old world" charm of the Marigny neighborhood was quaint, hip, and had a relaxed pace - from the locals conversing in the cafe's or riding down the streets on old bicycles. We were pleasantly surprised at how safe we felt in the area and we thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub!

The reasonable rates reinforced the feeling that you were staying with a friend.

Royal Street Courtyard would be great for a young couple on a budget needing a weekend rendezvous! It won't set you back a mint, and you'll feel like you are on a European vacation.

A gem of a hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Picc

We stayed at the Royal Street Courtyard on January 4th, 2007. Loved every minute. We were far from home, Montreal Canada, but Phillip made us feel like family! The bed and breakfast was lovely, our room was huge, with a gorgeous terrace overlooking the street. Breakfast was great they even had Soya milk, which I drink and is usually hard to come by. We were walking distance from Bourbon street, so much fun.

I stayed there with my husband, Angelo but plan to return with my kids as soon as I can. Phillip and David, you're great keep up the good work. Mary

LOVE THIS PLACE

by TripAdvisor Member JTab

Stayed at Royal Street Courtyard January 2007. It was my first experience with a B&B and it was EXCELLENT! I wasn't sure what to think at first, but the style and charm of the place wins you over. Not to mention the owners! Philip is a treat and VERY knowledgeable about attractions and places to see in New Orleans. He not only recommended a most excellent restaurant more on that below) for us he kept me company while my travel partner slept! Talk about above and beyond! If he recommends that you dine at Adolpho's (sp?) GO, it is some of the best food you will ever eat. Take cash as that is all that they accept at Adolpho's. The rooms and bathroom at the B&B were nice, organized and clean. Overall one of the best travel experiences I have had. I will definitely go and visit Philip, I mean stay at the Royal Street Courtyard again! And will tell everyone I know to go there too!

Mississippi riverMississippi river

house at Garden Districthouse at Garden District

Laura gift shopLaura gift shop

Leon “Kid Chocolate” BrownLeon “Kid Chocolate” Brown

Christmas

by sashimid

Arriving on Christmas Eve for a few days before my cruise departs. Since every city is different around the holidays I am wondering if anything will be open. A later Dinner (after 9pm on Christmas Eve, or any meal on Christmas Day? Live Music? Dancing? Celebrations? Activities?

Re: Christmas

by ter1413

Yes to all of the above!

Re: Christmas

by TravellerMel

I'll assume you are staying in the Quarter, since the cruise ship terminal is right close to it. Absolutely, what you inquire about will be available! Check out (http://www.neworleansonline.com/christmas) for a list of restaurants offering reveillon menus - special holiday menus, you won't be sorry.

Adjacent to the Harrah's hotel is Miracle on Fulton Street - a free holiday experience where you can see the canopy of lights, music, photos with Santa and snowfall (Google it for the "snow times").

You might consider taking the City Park streetcar up to City Park for Celebration in the Oaks. The walking tour is open, and you can see all the lights, trees decorated by the local schools, Christmas music performances. It was always one of my favorite things to do at Christmastime. They close early on Christmas Eve, so be sure to Google it for the times.

I've always loved Christmas in New Orleans - if this is your first time, I think you are in for a treat. Enjoy - and be sure to write up your experiences here on VT!

Comments