Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

1739 Marengo Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70115, United States

• anasalvation's Profile Photo

Southern Comfort - A unique...

Southern Comfort - A unique and comfortable bed and breakfast with a lively proprietor and a cheerful and serene setting.
    Average price for a single night is $120, but can go as high as $180 (if you desire more than one bed, seperate beds, etc.) I hadn't had a chance to research much in the way of comparative pricing, but I feel that I got more than my money's worth.
    ( Dollar amounts refer to US Currency.)

Unique Quality: Prices vary from $120 a night to about $180. One unique thing about this particular B&B is the beautiful garden area behind the actual house. It consists of a 'babbling brook' type fountain which runs into a charming pool. All of this is edged by a quaint deck with tables and several chairs. A wonderful place to unwind after a long day ( or night ) of tourism.

The rooms are seemlessly decorated with 8' velvet curtains (complete with gold tassled draw strings), cherry sleigh beds, antique dressers and armoirs, and claw footed tubs in the bathrooms. ( A BIG plus for bubble baths. ) Each room is decorated in what can only be described as a soothing and elegant style truly befitting the town.

Never visited New Orleans before? The charming proprietor, Cindy, can help you with all of your sight seeing needs. She provides a photo-copied map for you and helps make sure you hit every tourist hot spot on your list. (She even lets you in on a few out of the way hot spots, helping you truly experience life in the Big Easy.)

Directions: Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast
    1739 Marengo Street
    New Orleans, LA 70115

More about Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

Definitely Southern Comfort and Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member eagle7

My wife and I stayed at Southern Comfort for the second time in 3 years and truly enjoyed the hospitality and warmth of Cindee and her B&B. Southern Comfort is located in a great area just 2 blocks from Saint Charles Street in the Garden District which allows easy access to all of the exciting parts of historic New Orleans. The Garden District itself, the French Quarter, Jackson Square, Audubon Zoo, the National D Day and WW II museum are all accessable with ease. The local restaurants are very good places to enjoy the quisine of the city. Cindee will have excellent suggestions for you to make your stay a great time. My wife and I did all of the fun things that we normally do in the City plus a few new things. Go and visit New Orleans and stay in this comfortable dwelling. The rooms are very comfortable and the morning meals are delicious. You will feel as safe and as comfortable as if you were in your own home. We will return since Southern Comfort feels like our own home away from home.

Lovely Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member britem

Stayed at this lovelly B&B in historic Uptown New Orleans surrounded by beautiful homes. Our visit was made so enjoyable by Cindee's warm welcome and helpful advice on things to do and see in the city.

Great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member tibby1

My sister and I recently spent the weekend at Southern Comfort B&B. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend it.
The house is very charming and well taken care of. It is perfectly decorated with huge, comfortable rooms, high ceilings, gorgeous windows, great patio and front porch with a lovely swing. The best part is that it is very reasonably priced.

It is located in a beautiful neighborhood rich in stunning architecture. Public transportation is only 2 blocks away . We felt comfortable walking to the nearby restaurants and Magazine Street for some great shopping.

The density and diversity of New Orleans gives it European charm. Everyone we encountered, without exception, was friendly and hospitable. Special thanks to Cindee for being so helpful and sahring her special places.

Truely Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member emily_laclau

I had the pleasure of staying at the Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast for a weekend in October, 2006. The room was delightfully appointed and all the small details were thought of ahead of time, I arrived late at night and a small note invited me to have a drink of wine to relax, there were some candies on my pillow and there was a water feature outside my window to lull me to sleep. Breakfast was delicious and varied and Cindee, the owner sits with you while you eat to chat and tell you about the city. Since the trolley wasn't working because of Katrina, Cindee generously offered to drop me off at my meeting's location a couple miles away so that I could enjoy my breakfast a while longer. She was so helpful and gave me a walking tour guide book, a map of NO and offered to help with dinner reservations. I would highly recommend staying at the Southern Comfort B&B for a lovely experience in the city.

Just like an Old Friend

by TripAdvisor Member oldtravelman

My husband and I have stayed with Cindee at her B & B since she first started. We had to go see how things were with her and New Orleans since last year. We were thrilled, but not really surprised, to see that the B & B is just as wonderful a place to stay as ever. The beauty, charm, and comfort of both Cindee and the B & B was undamaged. It is still peaceful, relaxing and quiet when at her home, but with lots to do and see close by. She knows where to send you for food, fun and all that New Orleans has to offer. She will leave you to yourself, if that's what you want, but why waste her talents? New Orleans IS alive and spunky with lots to offer, since the storm! If you want the old Southern charm, plus a new focus towards the future, Cindee's is the place you need to stay!!!

Mardi Gras!

by TripAdvisor Member ontheroad100

We had a great time at Mardi Gras. It was good to see the B&B and New Orleans working to get it back together after Katrina.
Southern Comfort is close to many parade routes and lots of fun.

The restored building has classic Southern Charm and I would stay there again.

JN

Like vistiing a family member.

by TripAdvisor Member WMGUMD

The Southern Comfort B and B was like a home away from home. Cindee is a jewel and I felt like I was visting a member of my own family.
The location is convenient to uptown and Tulane campus. It's also minutes away from the French quarter. We plan to stay there whenever we visit New Orleans. I would highly recommend staying in this beautifully restored home in the Uptown district.

Southern Comfort at its best.

by TripAdvisor Member Rosie188

As I was visiting my daughter, who is a student at Tulane, this was a perfectly located B&B. Not only could I walk to my daughter's apartment, I could also walk to Magazine Street for great antique and novelty shopping.

The house itself is a clean, charming, spacious-feeling century home with a wonderful porch swing where my daughter and I spent many hours talking. The decor is appropriate, homey and inviting.

Breakfast was of a continental type. When I requested good, strong coffee for breakfast (the most important item of my morning meal), I was happily accommodated.

Finally, the proprietor, Cindee Quick, could not have been more friendly, generous, informative and helpful. She made navigating the city, which I knew nothing about, very easy.

Southern Comfort will be my home base when I visit NOLA.

More than accommodating

by TripAdvisor Member MORE_FUN

From the moment we stepped out of the cab, Cindee exceeded our expectations and took care of every detail. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and it was amazing. The room, hospitality and homemade goodies were wonderful. The lush courtyard with an evening coctail and conversation were the best part of our stay. Cindee went out of her way to help us plan our day and our restaurant experiences. We can't wait to go back for our next visit. All, in all, it was a wonderful experience.

Comments