St. Charles Guest House

1748 Prytania St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Satisfaction Average

• an authentic experience of new orleans

I stayed in St Charles Guest House for 2 weeeks in april 2012. If you are looking for a posh place or a luxury hotel dont bother. This place is for people who want an original experinece of new orleans. The Guest House is an old building with authentic original furnishings. It's very clean and comfortable.

Unique Quality: Both owner and staff were extremely friendly, informative, and helpful (and fun!). The place is very close to french quarter, I walked there in 20 minutes or took the street car which was very close (for 1.25 dollars).
    The place has a breakfast room and a pool. Overall i felt like i was staying with friends rather than am staying at a hotel. I enjoyed my stay tremendously and would definitely stay there next time am in in NOLA!

• Stayed there for 5 nights! All OK!

Coming from Australia, it was nice to move out of the French 1/4 into the real NO. I stayed at SCGH for 4 nights than came back for another! Helpful staff, clean rooms, no pests (I should know- I am a pest controller) and very nice pool. Brekfast could have been a bit better, but no big deal and I am sure Dennis will look after you. I walked there from the F 1/4 at night no problems, though also easy by taxi. not the ritz, but strongly recommended.

Unique Quality: Clean rooms, not the ritz, but OK, nice pool, good area.

Directions: Easy - up St Charles road from canal street, trun at 'the pub' about 15 blocks later and there it is. Take a cab with bags!

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Right place, right price

We wanted to be a central location but within our meagre budget. The SCGH had some basic cabins which suited us fine. In the end we really appreciated the location as you find that when you're in New Orleans you generally sleep during the day and go out at night! having the trolley bus close by was handy but most things were walkable anyway. The guest house had some nicer rooms and I promised that if I ever got married I'd return and live it up a little. So I guess I have to live up to my promise now!

Unique Quality: The pool was great and buffets breakfasts were served each morning

Comments