St. Pierre Hotel

911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States

St. Pierre
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• Not worth the Money

This is not a nice and cosy old hotel, it is just a ruin ... doors do hardly open and close ... the swimming pool area is not cleaned during days ... breakfast is just some donuts and - to be fair - a kind of acceptable cup of coffee ... the air conditionning worked fine, but is very noisy ...
    I cannot recommend this hotel, except if they cut their prices by more than half, because that's what it is worth at most ... and if you book a deluxe suite with double queen bed they try to put you in a room WITHOUT A WINDOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Do not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!

• use2bbandman's Profile Photo

A REAL Gem in the French Quarter

My wife and I stayed in the St. Pierre two weeks ago.......and we were absolutely charmed by the quaintness of this small hotel. The small, "antique" buildings were clustered together just close enough to make them seem very private, but room enough for little strolls amidst the foliage and two pools.

The breakfast was just right, the coffee was excellent, but most of all was the wonderful friendliness of everyone on the staff that I talked with! KUDOS to all of them.

Unique Quality: We loved the French feel.....having been to France 12 different times over the years. Such a wonderful change from all of the very large and cookie-cutter hotels that we have had to stay at over the years. We WILL return....

• JotaJota's Profile Photo

Good value, good location!

Stayed only one night. Original room was small but adequate. Plumbing did not work well, so we were moved to a much bigger room. The whole stay was satisfactory. Be warned that due to the age of the buildings, plumbing seems to be at its limit.

Unique Quality: Very good location, within walking distance of everything in the French Quarter, but away from the crowds and noise.

Very good value, as well.

• chickky311's Profile Photo

Cute French Quarter Hotel

I absolutely loved this hotel. The location is great, its close, but not too close to Bourbon Street, and everything in the Quarter is within walking distance. The furnishings in the room were very nice, I especially loved the exposed brick wall in the room. The only thing that was missing in the room was a clock. I had to stop at a Walgreens and buy one, because there were a few days where we wanted to get up early to explore so we needed an alarm clock. Other than that I have no complaints. The staff was very friendly, and they also have a free continental breakfast.

Unique Quality: The hotel is broken up into several buildings, all with nice quiet courtyards. They also have 2 small pools which are usually never crowded. The whole place really has that old French Quarter feeling to it.

Directions: 2 blocks from Bourbon Street.

• Romantic, Intimate French Quarter Inn

My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Hotel St. Pierre French Quarter. This hotel is located in the best part of the French Quarter, near all the sites we love to visit.
    The rooms are clean, neat and unique! Our cottage was in a slave quarters from the 1780's. Best of all was the friendly staff and free breakfast. Not the Hilton, but we don't like the chain hotels.
    We give this hotel two thumbs up!
    Rob and Joanne

Unique Quality: beautiful courtyards, swimming pool, views of French Quarter, historic

Directions: French Quarter neighborhood

More about St. Pierre Hotel

Worst Hotel Ever

Do not stay at this hotel! We recently booked 3 nights at this hotel and it was so bad that we ended up moving to a different hotel on night # 2.

The first night, we were upgraded to a "suite" (due to overbooking problems) - the place was filthy and everything was run-down and not taken care of. We actuall had to ask for someone to clean the bathroom (it had obviously not been cleaned from the previous guest).

On the second night, we were asked to leave the suite and move to our regularly reserved room. It had a smell that I - to this day - cannot describe, was even dirtier than the previous room, and the bathroom fixtures were barely hanging onto the walls. Because it was late, we decided to just go to sleep and make the best of it. When I pulled back the sheets, it was obvious that they were used! I won't go into the disgusting details. We left that minute for another hotel. To top it all off, we weren't given any sort of refund because the rooms had been pre-paid. So, we paid for 3 nights, and only used 1.

If you stay here, make sure you bring slippers (for the dirty carpets), air freshener (for the smell), some disinfectant wipes (for the bathroom), and clean sheets. The only way I could imagine that anyone would like this hotel is if they were so drunk every night, that they only cared about the location (which is convenient to Bourbon Street).

Please believe the bad reviews- We wish we had

by TripAdvisor Member Wayneml

We had booked to stay at the Hotel St Pierre before looking at any of the reviews. After reading some of the bad reports we had a few misgivings, but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. What a big mistake. The reception area was nice and the desk staff were initially helpful. Our room was in one of the buildings across the road from the main builidng. When we got to our room it looked as if someone had tried to kick the door in as part of the door had been plastered and there was a crack in the wood by the lock. We were very disappointed with the state of the room, the bath looked dirty and the sheets did not look clean.

We complained at the front desk and asked for another room, but we were told the hotel was full.

The next morning we had a word with reception again. Surprisingly they found a spare room that we could have a look at.

We decided to change hotels as we thought it was disgraceful that the rooms are cleaned to different standards and that it's the luck of the draw if you get one of their "nicer rooms". We would hope that the hotel would be of a consistant standard.

At breakfast we even found that the plastic spoons in the breakfast room were dirty!

FANTASTIC!

I stayed at the St. Pierre (along with two friends) last weekend. The reviews on this website made me cringe - I even heeded the advice of one that suggested I "pack flip-flops" for the shower.
I was pleasantly surpirsed to find that our room had more than enough space for all three of us, and that our room was VERY CLEAN. Granted, this is not a five-star, international chain hotel, but then again, that's not what we were looking for.
This is a VERY CLEAN and SPACIOUS bed and breakfast inn. If you're looking for room service and banquet halls, this is NOT the hotel for you. It served our purpose - we were two blocks off Burbon Street during Mardis Gras, we had a clean room and a sitting area besides the actual bed area to hang out in. The hotel staff (minus the rude maid who wouldn't clean the room unless we went out for a while - very suspicious) was OUTSTANDING - very accomodating and very helpful. tThey gave us all sorts of suggestions for dinner - areas to avoid/see/called cabs for us every night we were there and even arranged for an amazing tour of the city for us.
If you're looking for a great place to stay while you're in N.O. and you don't want to be right in the middle of the action, this location is ideal, I would absolutely reccomend it to my friends/family and will definitely stay here again if/when I return to N.O.

Hotel St. Dirty Feet

Don't spend your money here. You're gambling and the odds are not in your favor. My husband and I stayed at St. Pierre with a large group of friends so I had the opportunity to take a look at several rooms. To begin with, when my husband and I arrived we were shown to a room in the building across the street. It was filthy to say the least and slightly scary. There was visible dust on shelves, 18th century cobwebs hanging from chairs, and the toilet ... Suffice to say I would not be using it. My husband asked for another room and was shown several. (I guess I can insert here that the front desk staff were polite and understanding but that's the best thing I can say about this place.) It took much deliberation to decide which room we could settle for. We chose one in the main building that actually appeared clean and I felt much better about staying there. However, I soon learned the carpets were filthy as the bottom of my feet turned black just from walking around the room barefoot. Some of our friends had rooms that were slightly more well furnished and interesting than ours, but they also complained about the dirty carpet and at least one room had terrible water pressure.

Great location, unique rooms and friendly staff...

My wife and I had a great time at this small French Quarter hotel tucked way from the crowds. Our room was neat and clean with old time history and charm. If you are looking for a chain hotel experience, go to the Hilton. But if you want the French Quarter with 18th century cottages, give this hotel a try. We give the place two thumbs up for clean, interesting rooms and real local hospitality.
Richard and Lilly