Sully Mansion

2631 Prytania Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

More about Sully Mansion

Superb B & B

by TripAdvisor Member lihp

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful historic home in New Orlean's beautiful Garden Distict. Our hosts, Gay and Nancy, were extremely gracious and offered many fine suggestions to us about places to visit, dining, etc. Nancy is an unbelievable chef and pampered us with several fantastic breakfasts. Our room was very nice and we will defintely stay at Sully Mansion again when we return to the Cresent City. The location is superb- within easy walking distance to Magazine Street's many fine shops and restaurants. I will always remember relaxing in the comfortable whicker chairs on the front porch- reading while sipping on a cool beverage- before heading out dinner!

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member MollsB3

Sully Mansion is a wonderful place! The owners are so caring and will do anything in their power to help you out whether it be directions to a great restaurant, transportation to the airport, your room or just asking how your day was. Wonderful rooms with charming decor and location but most importantly great comfort! Will definetly be staying here every time I return to New Orleans, and will recommend to all friends!

Quintessential B & B

by TripAdvisor Member rchubb

Lovely house and very congenial hosts. Gary and Nancy made us feel right at home. They are also knowledgeable about New Orleans and very helpful with travel tips, restaurant recommendations etc. My wife and I loved it.

best b&b experience ever

by TripAdvisor Member mouselle

Besides being an architectural juwel the house has a very warm feel to it. Nancy and Guy did everything to make me feel at home by providing insider information on the city, lending me their bike and finding the best deals in town. The breakfast was delicious: fresh fruits and a variety of sweet and savory dishes. Thanks again!

the best in New Orleans

by TripAdvisor Member elchoArizona

I just returned from a wonderful three night stay at Sully Mansion. I have been staying in various bed and breakfast places in New Orleans for the past six years but Sullly Mansion is the best. Everything about it is great, the location, the mansion itself (including great art), the owners and quite unusual for NO b and b - fantastic home made breakfasts. I plan to return next time I am in NO.

Loved Nancy and Guy's Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member LilMaz

We chose Sully Mansion due to reviewing so many positive & wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. We wanted to stay at a B & B, and Sully Mansion had everything we were looking for, and more. The Innkeepers, Nancy & Guy were incredible! They were so lovely to speak to on the phone prior to booking our trip. They were just as warm and hospitable in person. We told them we were visiting for our anniversary, and they had wine in our room upon our arrival. The accommodations were just gorgeous! And most of all, very clean. They put out such a lovely breakfast every morning, which Nancy would sit with us and give us recommendations on where to sightsee, shop, eat, etc.. and they even drove us to dinner one evening to save us some $ on taxi service. Everywhere they recommended was amazing; they definitely know where to send their guests. Although this Inn is located in the Garden District, it is a short bus/streetcar ride away from the French Quarter, and in walking distance to Magazine Street where there is lots of shops and restaurants.We would totally stay there again, on our next visit to NOLA!

My NOLA home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member PeacemakerEngland

This was my second visit, the first being in April '06, and it was great to return and find the city's revival continuing. This time Guy & Nancy even managed to have the St Charles streetcar up & running again for my stay! They've now refurbished a room at the back of the building, 'Tchoupitoulas', with its own entrance - I'd find my early morning tea tray on the step when I first opened the door - so I had the benefit of my own 'apartment' alongside their hospitality. Breakfast only features cooked dishes at the weekend, but in a city like New Orleans a start to the day with fruit, breads, juice and caffeine is probably doing your stomach a favour! And Nancy even managed to find that quirky British spread called Marmite to prevent me feeling homesick (as if!): highly recommended on a buttered English Muffin with sliced tomato!

Stephen Funnell

I wouldn't stay anywhere else

by TripAdvisor Member fadakakaruk

We spent two nights here on a visit to New Orleans and loved it. Guy and Nancy who own the place are great hosts not only to their bed and breakfast but also to New Orleans. The room was comfortable, breakfast was perfect and we look forward to returning.

Our First BnB Experience! GREAT!

by TripAdvisor Member HoosierGal1950

This was our first stay in a Bed and Breakfast, and it will definitely not be our last one! We enjoyed the room, the food, and the hospitality of Nancy and Guy. We felt as if we were visiting friends. I recommend the Sully Mansion.

Fabulous stay

by TripAdvisor Member TomAndDi

New Orleans is beautiful, the Garden District is fantastic, and Sully Mansion is THE place to stay! It was our first time to New Orleans, and Nancy and Guy were tremendously helpful. We enjoyed the proximity of the streetcar (up and running again), the fabulous breakfast, the lovely room, simply everything. We will definitely be back! -- Tom & Diane.

garden at Oak Alley Plantationgarden at Oak Alley Plantation

Lafayette Cemetery #1Lafayette Cemetery #1

gifts at Judy'sgifts at Judy's

ferry aproaching New Orleansferry aproaching New Orleans

Family Reunion in (or near) New Orleans

by mccalpin

We have a tradition of getting all the 'kids' (now adults) together on the 50th birthday of each sibling. For example, on my 50th, we all met at Messina Hof Vineyards for a nice weekend of grape picking, wine tasting, dinner games, and the like. The winery has on-site apartments that makes this quite easy for a group of people for a long weekend.

My brother's 50th is coming up in late March. We're trying to figure out what to do, and my mother has suggested that we go meet at the D-Day Museum. This is a great idea since my brother is an NRA member who actually owns an M-1 and my father is a charter member of the Museum but I don't think he's ever seen it (he passed through Normandy a few weeks after the invasion on the way to a mercifully short career as a combat engineer in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Germany).

Now, I get to deal with the mechanics of trying to find an appropriate place for us to stay (11 to 14 adults, needing 8-10 rooms). Like most Texans, I have been to New Orleans a number of times, but I have never had to consider it from this point of view. Do I just rent 8-10 hotel rooms (ugh)? Is there a building I can rent (like a small hotel like the Cornstalk Fence - good location but probably too expensive)? Should I stay out of the Quarter (we don't have a problem staying there - we're all grown-ups) like in the Garden District or even Metarie or even further out like in Biloxi?

Generally, we are thinking of a long weekend in March, with one or two visits to the Museum, and plenty of walking (and eating) in the Quarter.

Any experiences on organizing a family reunion or tour group in the NO area? I'd appreciate your thoughts...

Bill

Re: Family Reunion in (or near) New Orleans

by NolaBritt

Hi Bill,

I ran across this post today and wanted to see if I could help you out. Working in the hotel industry, I do alot of group business at my hotel. For family reunions or special events, I would recommend getting a block of rooms at a hotel Downtown. Usually, hotels will be able to offer you a discounted rate since you will need to block around 10 rooms. If you are interested in a quote from my hotel, the Hampton Inn Downtown, please let me know. You can visit our website at www.neworleanshamptoninns.com. We have several other hotels in the area as well so we should have something to meet your needs. Good luck in your search! - Brittany

Re: Family Reunion in (or near) New Orleans

by mccalpin

Thanks, Brittany, for the post. Unfortunately, the "March" I referred to was March 2010, so it was 9 months ago.

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn or whatever it was about 2 blocks from the Museum, and had a great time. Furthermore, I rented a car (the hotel shares lots with other places nearby) so I got to drive through the Quarter's narrow streets and park somewhat illegally, just like I used to in Rome(!) ;-) I felt right at home ;-)

Welcome to VT! We hope that you will stay, but understand our rules against non-commercial messages...yeah, I know the line is fine sometimes, but it's one of the reasons this website is so well-respected - the admins are very good about quickly removing spam and touts...but answers to questions about New Orleans will surely be appreciated...

Bill