The Pelham New Orleans

The Pelham
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Two Stars ONLY for the location

We had great stay in Pelham , but it is common to miss something in the hotel - point is , i left my Nikon Camera charger/battery (costing $165) during check-out and have been calling the hotel operator over and over again for two days without getting any proper attention/response at all . We already had suffered flight cancellations , additional hotel check-ins for 2 extra days . I understand , it was my mistake to leave my thing , but everyone does that - i would have never mind if it was anything ordinary , but this is part of my adv work which entails me to charge my DSLR . i have had worst week of my life without work , flight cancellations , etc etc and these hotel staffs lack of empathy only leads to misery . Thank God , i would never book cheap rated hotels again in life like The Pelham - beware Guys !! You get attention only during reservations , not at all after that .

• Recent Stay

The hotel was recommended by a well known online travel service. When I arrived with two bags, I received no help in carrying them in. The taxi driver had to pitch in. The first night I stayed in a cold room where the thermostat was broken..It was fixed after I complained. Second night was a disaster...Groups of young men took over my floor and created mayhem all night long. Management and security were nowhere to be found. When I complained in the morning, I received an apology, but no advice on how to handle such a situation on subsequent dates. Lastly, they do not offer laundry service, hence a build up of dirty laundry in a hot and humid environment left me in a bind. I would pay more to stay elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Close to the French Quarter.

Directions: Near French Quarter, off Canal Street

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Old Charm and ALLLLL BED....

I went to Trip Advisor, because I will always cross-reference tips from VT w/ Trip Advisor. You just gotta do this. I got a good rate from my job, and I gotta say, I was not disappointed.

The King Size Beds will TAKE UP THE ROOM, (although I suspect most of the rooms have different configurations because it is an old building).

Service / Staff were amazing. Rooms were clean. Curtains / bed spreads / paint / appointments were all fresh and relatively new looking.

Bathrooms a bit disappointing as the property websites mentions constantly "marble bathrooms." Well, I've been to five star hotels, so this is not a Marble Bathroom Experience, but the bathroom was CLEAN and nice. Just "not all that."

Order Take out from Huey's (the in-house 24 hour Diner). BETTER service this way and GREAT EGGS. Not saying much about other food there (it's all "OKAY")... but you can't screw up breakfast food and they serve it 24 hours!

You can probaly get a room there for about $80 give or take a few dollars after taxes during their low volume periods...

Unique Quality: Location, Location, Location.

One block from Harrahs if you are into gambling... 2 blocks from French Quarter. A few blocks from the Art Gallery / Antique area of Downtown.

Sadly, it's even close to a few good hospitals that I had to visit. (ER due to some critical infections that needed tending... and LSU Med Center for some world reknowned groundbreaking neurology consults....)

Again, VERY sweet and kind front office staff.

HUEY'S RESTAURANT CAUTION: food is just OKAY (breakfast food is fine!). But it is open 24 / 7! Service is horrendous!!!

Directions: 22 minute taxi cab ($29 ride) from Kenner / Armstrong Airport. Can't Beat That! One Block from Canal and one block from Harrah. NOT noisey, either.

• monicarc's Profile Photo

Its Ok....

I just stayed this past weekend. It was ok, they now have card keys for their doors. BUT, if you stay there, make sure to get a room away from the elevator shaft: our bed shared a wall with the elevator and we heard the elevators go up and down all night, very loudly.....

• jeffreywwato's Profile Photo

I reserved a room at the Hotel...

I reserved a room at the Hotel Pelham in Downtown NO. I made a reservation on the phone and when I left I paid in cash so I would not get charged on my credit card. To my dismay I got my credit card bill and was charged for a no show on the day I was there. When I called to ask about this charge the attendent was rude and did not help me at all. I still have not received a refund.

• lordvader's Profile Photo

Pelham Hotel

Unique Quality: Internet special $69 a night. Excellent price, most other hotels are at least $125/night. Small,older European style hotel, very comfortable bed, plenty air conditioning :)

They also give you an old style metal KEY for your room.

More about The Pelham New Orleans

It was the bomb

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay in New Orleans. We booked our Hotel through Orbitz and it was ready when we arrived. We were greeted at the front desk and told about all charges that was not collected online. The front desk was also helpful with food and entertainment recommendation. The room was very nice and clean with plenty of towels. When we visit New Orleans again we will stay at the Pelham.

disappointment at the Pelham

I was disappointed in the cleanness of the room, It was terrible, the hotel also had a bad smell especially the loby and the elevator (like Raid roach spray) the staff was good for the most part. The location was good and bad at the same time if that possible. It was a good overall location to get to all the hot spots but the streets around it was bad with a homeless shelter across the street, I didn't have a prblem with the homeless shelter but I did have a problem with all the homeless people outside the shelter and not inside late at night. Finally I don't know if the extra $8.00 + taxes per night is a hotel rule or a state law but I didn't know I had to pay it until I checked in.

Great location,great staff, but.......

My sister, son and made a last minute trip to New Orleans, we confirmed reservations twice at another hotel, but once we arrived, we were told to go to the Pelham. The staff was GREAT!, the lobbby was nice. Our room was much smaller that what we were promised at the other hotel, with a 2 year old you need room. The shower had no pressure and was filled with black hairs. The robes were dirty, the comforters were dirty, there were also black hairs in my bed and my sister found old toenail clippings in hers, along with a booger on her pillow. The last straw was when I went to make coffee, the maker was dirty, and the cups were so dirty they still had lipstick on them. That was when I called the front desk. They changed us to a better room without arguement, but we noticed cleanliness was not a high priority. We also noticed the aweful smell in the hallways. But like I said, the staff was great!

Don't stay at the Pelham

June 2004
We were very disappointed in the hotel. The pictures and description looked great. The staff was very unpleasant. They charge you for a safe and unlimited phone usage upon your check in even if you do not want it. They valet parked our car and lost it. They brought us someone else car. We had to go to the parking lot and identify our keys. After losing over an hour with this , we were to be credited for parking on our charge card. This was never done. They refused to our credit card company 's remove the charge. Our room was right behind the front desk and on the sidewalk. It was very noisy. We never saw any of the plush robes or nice touchs mentioned in their amenities. I would never send anyone to this hotel.

Comments