The Pelham New Orleans

See Amenities

Two Stars ONLY for the location

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2014

We had great stay in Pelham , but it is common to miss something in the hotel - point is , i left my Nikon Camera charger/battery (costing $165) during check-out and have been calling the hotel operator over and over again for two days without getting any proper attention/response at all . We already had suffered flight cancellations , additional hotel check-ins for 2 extra days . I understand , it was my mistake to leave my thing , but everyone does that - i would have never mind if it was anything ordinary , but this is part of my adv work which entails me to charge my DSLR . i have had worst week of my life without work , flight cancellations , etc etc and these hotel staffs lack of empathy only leads to misery . Thank God , i would never book cheap rated hotels again in life like The Pelham - beware Guys !! You get attention only during reservations , not at all after that .

JessieLang's Profile Photo

Not what I expected

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2013

The Pelham Hotel

The Pelham is a historic hotel with antique furniture and a “colorful” desk clerk. The property is starting to show its age. As we were checking in, I overheard other guests talking about their nice room with a four-poster bed and tall windows. Unfortunately, that was not our experience. We had a small, windowless room with barely enough room for the twin beds and no place to put our suitcases. If you stay here, I would suggest that you ask to see the room first.

The Pelham is in a good location, within walking distance of the French Quarter, and less expensive than some, but I didn’t like it. A different room might have made a better impression. $90-100

Recent Stay

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 17, 2011

The hotel was recommended by a well known online travel service. When I arrived with two bags, I received no help in carrying them in. The taxi driver had to pitch in. The first night I stayed in a cold room where the thermostat was broken..It was fixed after I complained. Second night was a disaster...Groups of young men took over my floor and created mayhem all night long. Management and security were nowhere to be found. When I complained in the morning, I received an apology, but no advice on how to handle such a situation on subsequent dates. Lastly, they do not offer laundry service, hence a build up of dirty laundry in a hot and humid environment left me in a bind. I would pay more to stay elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Close to the French Quarter.

Directions: Near French Quarter, off Canal Street

Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Old Charm and ALLLLL BED....

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2005

I went to Trip Advisor, because I will always cross-reference tips from VT w/ Trip Advisor. You just gotta do this. I got a good rate from my job, and I gotta say, I was not disappointed.

The King Size Beds will TAKE UP THE ROOM, (although I suspect most of the rooms have different configurations because it is an old building).

Service / Staff were amazing. Rooms were clean. Curtains / bed spreads / paint / appointments were all fresh and relatively new looking.

Bathrooms a bit disappointing as the property websites mentions constantly "marble bathrooms." Well, I've been to five star hotels, so this is not a Marble Bathroom Experience, but the bathroom was CLEAN and nice. Just "not all that."

Order Take out from Huey's (the in-house 24 hour Diner). BETTER service this way and GREAT EGGS. Not saying much about other food there (it's all "OKAY")... but you can't screw up breakfast food and they serve it 24 hours!

You can probaly get a room there for about $80 give or take a few dollars after taxes during their low volume periods...

Unique Quality: Location, Location, Location.

One block from Harrahs if you are into gambling... 2 blocks from French Quarter. A few blocks from the Art Gallery / Antique area of Downtown.

Sadly, it's even close to a few good hospitals that I had to visit. (ER due to some critical infections that needed tending... and LSU Med Center for some world reknowned groundbreaking neurology consults....)

Again, VERY sweet and kind front office staff.

HUEY'S RESTAURANT CAUTION: food is just OKAY (breakfast food is fine!). But it is open 24 / 7! Service is horrendous!!!

Directions: 22 minute taxi cab ($29 ride) from Kenner / Armstrong Airport. Can't Beat That! One Block from Canal and one block from Harrah. NOT noisey, either.

monicarc's Profile Photo

Its Ok....

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 29, 2003

I just stayed this past weekend. It was ok, they now have card keys for their doors. BUT, if you stay there, make sure to get a room away from the elevator shaft: our bed shared a wall with the elevator and we heard the elevators go up and down all night, very loudly.....

jeffreywwato's Profile Photo

I reserved a room at the Hotel...

by written on August 26, 2002

I reserved a room at the Hotel Pelham in Downtown NO. I made a reservation on the phone and when I left I paid in cash so I would not get charged on my credit card. To my dismay I got my credit card bill and was charged for a no show on the day I was there. When I called to ask about this charge the attendent was rude and did not help me at all. I still have not received a refund.

lordvader's Profile Photo

Pelham Hotel

by written on August 25, 2002

Unique Quality: Internet special $69 a night. Excellent price, most other hotels are at least $125/night. Small,older European style hotel, very comfortable bed, plenty air conditioning :)

They also give you an old style metal KEY for your room.

Nearby The Pelham New Orleans

Amenities at The Pelham New Orleans

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Jackson Square
Night Safety.
Garden District
Things to Do
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Driving
Drinking
French Quarter
Tourist Traps
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Cat's Meow