333 Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Satisfaction Average

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Warm, wonderful, Wity

Warm, wonderful, witty, wired, welcome indeed.

We arrived on the rather hectic and busy New Year's eve at around 1100 -- several hours before the check-in time. Nevertheless, the efficient accommodating staff - without hesitation - checked us into our room in this boutique style hotel. The room was pristine with all the modern amenities, wet bar and top of the line toiletries. Though they were accommodating several guests who were attending the bowl game the following day, the hotel was clean -- a testament to their efficiency. It is apparent that the staff takes pride in their product and strive to pay attention to the details.

A full bar and restaurant are located within the hotel. The mojito was excellent.

Unique Quality: Views of the Mississippi river and the French Quarter can be seen from upper level rooms. The hotel sits across the street from Harrah's casino and several eateries. The French Quarter is about 2 blocks away.

• SeanJFK's Profile Photo

Ultimite in service and style

We arrived at the hotel a bit early for check in, so they held our luggage while we went out for a stroll through the French Quarter, and just as we were finishing lunch, The W called us on our Mobile to let us know that our room was ready and waiting for us! The room was large and luxurious, with a modern style yet comfortable feel. They left Candles for us to use, and a CD with a great mix of music. The bathroom amenities were the from Bliss Spa and they were Fantastic.The Roof top pool was small but chic and had private cabanas to shade yourself under. There was a lobby bar that was a magnet for the New Orleans Fashionistas, but the cocktails kicked ass!

Directions: Warehouse district,

• chad-roscoe's Profile Photo

luxury and pets! a fabulous indulgence :)

Lovely hotel in a great location. We ended up there because they allowed pets. No one even flinched as I walked into the lobby with a dog on a leash and my husband and I each carrying a squirming cat wrapped in a towel.
    No one balked at our request for no room cleaning either. So we could go out and leave the pets safely behind.
    Our room was lovely, the nicest I've ever been in. Also, next to the hotel is a famous New Orleans eatery with excellent PoBoys and southern cooking.
    It was expensive, and we chose it for the pet acceptance soley, otherwise we would've gone cheaper, but it was a great visit and well worth the money.

Unique Quality: It has a nice pool/spa/gym. The best thing for me was that the rooms are soundproofed. My lil' Chad is a barker, especially in unfamiliar situations, but out in the hall all we heard was a muffled "oof..." barely audible.
    Funky cool new wave lobby with books to read.
    One downside was that some of the guests had an over-indulgent sense of self-worth, and so would try to interrupt any conversations with staff, especially at the front desk, because their need for a postcard stamp outweighs the needs of others eve those checking in who are also laiden with pets, and etc.. They may also feel more entilted to your cab, even though the staff called it for you. For me, a shy, non-entilted person, it was a challenge to say, "That's my cab," but I did. ;)
    Also, you must have them valet your car, which you may or may not like, so call for it about 20 minutes before you need it. But in New Orleans, just ask them to get you cabs. It's quicker and easier.
    Ooo! check the website; they've got good deals now!
    Have fun!

• Virtuous_Tourist's Profile Photo

THE "W"

I seldom have the need for accomodation in New Orleans but I would recommend The W as a nice place for visitors to stay if they have a liberal budget.

Unique Quality: Great location, Great amnenities, with a suave on-premises bar, Whisky Blue. and Zoe, a French bistro bar and restaurant.

Directions: Convienently located between the Central Business District and the French Quarter.

• THE HOTEL for me in New Orleans

ideal location next to the French Quarter,
    great interior design also in the rooms,
    although the great variety of amenities aways is for sale only.
    The service remained patient and helpfull even during the Mardi Gras hassle

• shaun929's Profile Photo

The W Orleans

Rooms start around $120 per night

Unique Quality: Hotel is located right in the heart of Downtown. As far as interior decorating goes, it is comparable to the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas (very hip). Whiskey Blue inside the hotel is a great place to have a drink and listen to good music, and the food in Zoe Bistrot is excellent.

Directions: 333 Poydras Street
    Driving directions from New Orleans (MSY) Airport: Take I-10 East. Exit Poydras St and bear right onto Poydras. Continue 12 blocks, the hotel is on the left side.

More about W New Orleans

Big Decor, Small Room

by TripAdvisor Member mlizBoston

My husband and I stayed one night at the W New Orleans in Jan 2004. The positives: interesting decor, friendly concierge and bellman, comfortable bed. The negatives: smallish room, not clean (candy wrappers from previous guests behind bedside table), no fan in the bathroom. It was a fun stay for an overnight but the small room took away from the experience. It is next door to the Harrah's Casino which could be a plus for some travelers, but not us.

Dont smack the staff..they mean well

Young, courteous staff is professional as eager to please, except at the front desk. "Give me a random dirty room" is the only thing you could possibly say without being treated like cr@p here. Have been to several "REAL" snooty hotels in the area, and had better customer service. Prepaid a room for four during a 2 day event ($600), checked in and was told my room had been sold. Personal guarantee from manager and fax I got earlier in the week meant nothing to desk staff present..
they actually recommended that my party of 4 sleep in ONE KING bed, because the "bed is actually very spacious." I was told I had no other options, nor did they feel I had been inconvienienced in any way. WHAT?
When pressed, manager offered a specially reserved double room at the Sheraton ($199 a night) paid for on behalf of W. Fine. Got to the Sheraton and nobody knew who I was..they then offered me a room with a KING bed! After 3hours of rangling, my debit card was magically charged for $580 (now Im out $1,100 and staying at the sheraton) and I was forced to borrow money from the people I invited on the trip.

Nobody from the W has yet to return my call about the charges or the fact that I paid $268 a night to stay at the $189 sheraton. Go somewhere else.

Comments