100 Rue Iberville, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130-1106, United States

• lucretia319's Profile Photo

Bourbon Orleans-Wyndham...

Bourbon Orleans-Wyndham Historic Hotel
    $220/night but we used priceline.com and paid $50/night

Unique Quality: It's haunted by a ghost named 'Sarah.' The hotel was built over a nun's convent and she reportedly committed suicide. We had creepy experiences there...

Directions: Bourbon St & Orleans St-smack in the center of the French Quarter-best location!

More about Westin New Orleans Canal Place

Full River View; self parking across the street; lobby on 11th Floor!

There are only a few hotels in New Orleans where I have not stayed. But none is finer than the Westin Canal Place, not even Windsor Court.

From check-in at the eleventh floor lobby to the availability of self-parking just across Iberville Street, the Westin Canal Place is a traveler's heaven.

Starbucks Coffee in the first floor mall, hospitality room on the 23rd floor, and windows from floor to ceiling, with a full view of Algiers Point and the Canal Street Ferry.

Easy walk to my favorite restaurants - - Galatoire's, Antoine's and Dickie Brennan's Steak House.

The Westin Canal Place is hard to beat!

Canal Street Ferry run all night long - - -
doo-dah, doo-dah.

Anytime,

Jack Lazarus
A satisfied guest

GREAT HOTEL

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Canal Place 4/28/04 - 5/3/04 (it was during JazzFest). We had a wonderful time. Our room was on the 23rd floor with a beautiful view of the Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Our room was spotless and the service was excellent. We only ate in the hotel once (for breakfast) it was good. The hotel has a pool on the 29th floor with an excellent panoramic view of N.O. The hotel is not directly in the French Quarter, but on the edge. We had no problem getting around, as you can buy one, three or five day passes for the streetcar. However, we didn't have a problem walking from the hotel over to Bourbon Street, and Jaxs Brewery is only a parking lot away. This is our third time staying at the Wyndham and we will definitely be go back.

Best Hotel in the city!!! 5 star quality and service

The staff is excellent! The view is breath taking and the rooms are great. Get 5 star service and quality. Join the ByRequest program for free. Receive amenities, beverages, miles, free long distance and business services. Best of all get an upgraded room just for being a member. The restuarant River 127' is the best kept secret in the city.
Roof top pool has the best view in the city. Have stayed in all the best hotels in New Orleans. The Ritz and the Windsor Court do not measure up.

The best views, location & service

This hotel has spectacular views, a location that is within a 4 block walk to every major attraction and a staff that lived up the expectation of gracious southern hospitality. The doorman, knows "Nawlins" and our maid was friendly and maticulas about cleaning our oversized room. When departing the hotel we told the doorman what a great stay we had and how friendly the staff was. He replied, thank you that is why we made the Conde' Nast Gold list for 2004. A luxury hotel we can not wait to return to.Liz

Worn out Hotel

Long past its reno date! The carpet in the room is worn out. The bathtub had rust stains. The sheets had holes and were stained. The lights did not work. The bar fridge had not been cleaned in a very long time. For $300 US Per night, find another hotel.

Not worth the price paid

Booked a four night stay on the executive floor at $169 per night. No perceived value for what was paid. Room was not made up as late as 6:00 P.M. Executive lounge was below standards as compared to Hampton Inn. Room was dirty and small. Unable to regulate temperature in room. Management unwilling to help. Be very careful about parking in parking garage. You will be charged $30 for valet parking no matter how long you stay in garage. Management very unresponsive. We checked out after one day, moved to a hotel down the street where we paid a rate of $109. Accomadations were better and rooms cleaner. Would not stay at this hotel again!

multistory motel six

worn out hotel in a great location. feel sorry for the bellhops etc. who have to show guest to rooms that look as though a mardi gras parade has passed through its door every carnival season. every fixture and piece of furniture as well as the finishes need to be sent to a garage sale. There are many other spots in this great city to stay, don't bother to stay here.

New Orleans Page

by shaun929

I try to make it to New Orleans at least two or three times per year. This year I went for Mardi Gras. Some friends and I stayed at the Wyndham Canal Place Downtown. It is listed by major publications as a 4 star hotel but I give it 2 stars. If the Wyndham Canal is considered four stars then the "W" Orleans is off the charts. I will definitely only stay at the "W" from now on. I once stayed in the Garden District on St. Charles between Downtown and Uptown. It was about 3 miles from the Mayhem of Downtown and about 2 miles from LMU and Tulane. So the clubs, bar and restaraunts nearby weren't the normal Bourbon street revellers. It was a nice mixture of locals, tourists and students and only about a 5 minute walk to some of the best food I've ever had, at Copeland's. After 6 am you can always get some food at Igor's. I'll try to make it back this summer, if for nothing but to eat for a couple of days.

I have been to about 6 New Orlean's Mardi Gras. People are getting way to out of control and they can't hold their liquor. Even though, with the added National Guard and Federal Agents there were a lot less pick pocketers and fights. Next year I have to go to Brazil for Carnival.

new orlenas HOSTEL joe and flo's

by thegirl88

"new orleans"

I am just about to tell sth of the Hostel but nor everything about new orleans. N.O. is a great city with its bad and good sides.
didn't liek it too much though felt really unsafe over there. really like the french market and the french quarter but other than that you really can see all the damages from the hurrican, everything is dirty broken and a lot of poor people are running around those streets.

The Joe and Flo'S Hostel I stayed in was disgusting and I would NOT recommen to stay in there.
I got BED BUG BITES ALL OVER MY BODY.
Its dirty and very little.
I fewlt disgusting, never goot cleaned or anything. Bath and ktichen are little and have to be renovate for sure.

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSTEL.

WORST HOSTEL I VE EVER BEEN TO