Best Western Rayne Inn

BEST WESTERN Rayne Inn
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Quite a night in Frog City

I'd planned to get to Lafayette, but I was exhausted. Luckily, there turned out to be a Best Western at Exit 87, in Rayne, Louisiana, so I stopped there. Rayne turns out to be the Frog Capitol of the World. Apparently there is an annual festival at which all things frog are featured. The lobby and dining area were full of posters marking previous events. I was less interested in this than in my room; the only non-smoking one left happened to have a whirlpool tub, and I could hardly wait to climb in and pamper myself.

The whirlpool wasn't working, but it was still a lovely treat to stretch out in the hot water and let all the exhaustion ebb away. I slept very well, and spent some time the next morning doing laundry (there are coin-operated machines on the first floor) after a modest breakfast. Internet access was down. I was quite disappointed that there was no place to purchase frog memorabilia. I guess you have to be there during Festival Week.

Unique Quality: I'm not positive, but I think the whirlpool was only installed in a handicapped room -- and it is in the living space, not in the (very large) bathroom.

Directions: Just off Exit 87

More about Rayne

Murals in Rayne at the highwayMurals in Rayne at the highway

Travel Tips for Rayne

Murals

by mafootje

when we drove into Rayne to get some refreshments we saw a few murals at the roadside. We thought then that these would be the only ones there where here. But when we got home we learned that Rayne is The Louisiana City of Murals.

These murals are made under supervision of the Rayne Beautification Board. Their goal is to decorate blank walls with paintings displaying frogs.

So if you drive by Rayne be smarter as we where just drive into town because these murals are really worth a better look..

Visit the webpage of Rayne