Best Western Rayne Inn

Bunsch's Profile Photo

Quite a night in Frog City

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 8, 2011

I'd planned to get to Lafayette, but I was exhausted. Luckily, there turned out to be a Best Western at Exit 87, in Rayne, Louisiana, so I stopped there. Rayne turns out to be the Frog Capitol of the World. Apparently there is an annual festival at which all things frog are featured. The lobby and dining area were full of posters marking previous events. I was less interested in this than in my room; the only non-smoking one left happened to have a whirlpool tub, and I could hardly wait to climb in and pamper myself.

The whirlpool wasn't working, but it was still a lovely treat to stretch out in the hot water and let all the exhaustion ebb away. I slept very well, and spent some time the next morning doing laundry (there are coin-operated machines on the first floor) after a modest breakfast. Internet access was down. I was quite disappointed that there was no place to purchase frog memorabilia. I guess you have to be there during Festival Week.

Unique Quality: I'm not positive, but I think the whirlpool was only installed in a handicapped room -- and it is in the living space, not in the (very large) bathroom.

Directions: Just off Exit 87

• Fitness Center
  • Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast

Rayne Travel Forum

Need advice about Rayne, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for Rayne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rayne hotel reviews