106 S Service Rd E, Ruston, Louisiana, 71270, United States

AmandaAmanda

Travel Tips for Ruston

Lost English Girl in Ruston, Louisiana

by alg70

I don't think many English girls find themselves in Ruston. I took a long and boring (inflight entertainment was out) flight from London to Houston and then a domestic to Monroe, Louisiana (scary... turbulence was BAD) with the then significant other. After a few too many margaritas and a big argument, I then ended up finding myself single and solo in Ruston. I guess I just followed the signs on the freeway and there Ruston was in all her glory! Not sure what to do, I headed for the nearest Mexican restaurant (a girl needs to keep her food intake up at a time like this) and chatted to one of the locals who suggested I head on out to meet Dave Collins, horse trainer. Well, having ridden a lot back in blighty, I was game for a taste of western riding. What a find I stumbled upon, Dave has the most amazing well-trained horses and I got to fulfill my dream of being a cowgirl for the afternoon. If anyone else stumbles across Ruston, Louisiana - be sure to look him up. Oh, and the boyfriend - well he's just a thing of the past. I've a hankering for good old Southern Boys now.

Comments