Four Points By Sheraton Bangor Airport

Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport
FourPoints.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Convenient, Comfortable with Friendly Service

We flew into and out of Bangor on our trip to northern Maine and the Canadian maritimes. I usually don't "do" airport hotels, but the Four Points Sheraton looked like a good choice, given it's recently refurbished AND because the Bangor airport is pretty quiet. On top of that, our arrival in Bangor was going to be late and I just didn't want to be involved in renting a car or finding a taxi and getting to another hotel further away. Our plan was to maybe stay somewhere else on our way back OUT of Maine. As it turns out, the Four Points was so comfortable and convenient, we just decided to stay there again.

Unique Quality: Well, the place is quiet, surprisingly so. Even though it's at the airport, the soundproofing is excellent AND the airport is not very busy. There is a lighted (with chandeliers!) hallway between the arrival lounge and the hotel lobby. VERY comfortable.... we were literally IN our room about 10 minutes after we picked up our suitcases. The next day, I just had to walk back across the hall to pick up our rental car at the Hertz counter. AND.... the rental cars and hotel share a parking lot, with hotel guests getting free/validated parking.

The hotel has a pretty decent restaurant - nothing unique or special, but well done and not terribly overpriced. They did have a good breakfast, we ate there a couple of times to start off our mornings.

And.... unlike so many other greedy hotels in America, the Four Points Sheraton offers efficient and effective Wi-Fi that is COMPLETELY FREE. BTW, there is also free WiFi next door in the Bangor airport. Free is good.

Sheratons have made a big emphasis on their bedding and they're very proud of the beds and mattresses in their rooms. (The even offer them for sale in brochures) The beds were very comfortable indeed, although I resisted the temptation to buy one and take it home. I was already close to being overweight in my suitcase and I sure as hell didn't want to pay Delta for a SECOND bag.

The Sherator was a good choice and I'd certainly stay there again.

Directions: From the baggage area, go back upstair to the arrival lounge (via elevator). Walk across the short hallway straight into the hotel lobby. Say hello to Tim, the night clerk. Very nice fellow.

• Bangor's Best

I have to travel to Bangor monthly on business and at first tried the other hotels. The one I keep coming back to is the Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport.

From the Front Desk staff to the restaurant staff in the Wright Bros. American Grill -- everyone is so friendly and has come to treat my as family. This is so important when you are away from home as much as I am.

They just recently renovated all their sleeping rooms and have the new Four Comfort Bed. If only I could have one of those beds at home!

The food in the Wright Bros. is the best I've had in Bangor, and believe me, I've tried ALL of the restaurants in town.

You couldn't ask for a better place to stay as a home away from home.

Keep up the good work!

Unique Quality: The staff!
    The beds!
    The food!

Directions: Connected right to the airport so I don't even have to go outside!

Comments