Howard Johnson Inn - Bangor

Tags

Family Travel Business Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

Bangors Worst

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2011

Wish I had read some of these reviews before staying there a week. This place is
nasty, run down and not very well kept up. Our air condition did'nt work, no water pressure
at times ( would barely run out shower head). They forgot to make our room 2 out 5 days.
Forgot to leave dry towels and just left wet dirty towels on floor. When we got back to the room at night and called the frontdesk they appoligized but did'nt have a key to get us any towels, had to wait till they next day after they washed some more. The first morning I made coffee in the small coffee pot in the room and then decided not to drink it because the pot seemed dirty, When we left 5 days later the coffee I made was still in the pot which was ok because they never brought anymore anyway.Room was dirty and sheets on bed looked dirty and old. The staff was nice but they are working for a lost cause.
Never Again!

Disgustingly awful!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 31, 2010

I try not to be too judgmental on first sight, but I should have known this was going to be bad between the fake flowers stuck in the dirt outside the motel, and the outdated smelly (like a litterbox) lobby. I was disgusted when I walked into our room. I would have walked out but I had no choice since I was not paying and it was a last minute deal. Everything in the room was old and filthy. The drawers were loaded with filth and junk (see pictures). The refrigerator was dirty inside. The bed was just worn looking, the pillowcase was paper thin and the pillow inside was just dirty and old looking, I could not use it. I saw a maid in the motel and was surprised since I really didn't think the room had been EVER cleaned. The lobby was pretty shabby also, and while waiting approx 10 minutes to ask the person at the desk for something, she was on a call with a customer, arguing the whole time. I just wanted to shout so the customer on the other end of the phone could hear, "don't do it, stay somewhere else!!" The person at the desk was about as trashy as the motel. Some people that were with us stayed at the Ramada across the street where we had lunch at, and there was a HUGE difference in quality! Sorry HO JO, after this experience, I would not give you a second look.

Nearby Howard Johnson Inn - Bangor

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bangor Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangor, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangor hotel reviews