936 Stillwater Avenue, Bangor, Maine, 04401, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Bangor

Godfrey's Grille at the Four Points SheratonGodfrey's Grille at the Four Points Sheraton

Beautiful Downtown BangorBeautiful Downtown Bangor

Thomas A. Hill houseThomas A. Hill house

Sea Dog Brewery TableSea Dog Brewery Table

buses from Bangor to Calais

by 1jabbar

Hi;
I'm arriving by plane in Bangor March 7, 2010, around 1:00 pm and need to get up to Calais border crossing after that. Is there a reliable bus company that operates between Bangor and Calais? Cost? Travel Time? Any help is much appreciated.

Re: buses from Bangor to Calais

by JeanneP

Will check and get back to you.

There is better bus service to Montreal.

Call or email these folks at the Amtrak terminal in Portland Maine

Travel Tips for Bangor

Bangor Theological Seminary

by Gilfeather

This institution was founded in the 1800's by ministers and lay leaders and was originally in Hampden.

It moved to its present location in 1819. It was open to both college graduates and to persons without degrees.

It currently has a multitude of programs (including Doctorate) and is the only accredited Theological institution in Northern New England.

In addition, they offer workshops, symposia, and public forums to address critical social issues.~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~
Incidentally, years ago, the seminary had residential housing for its students. These were sold off to a private buyer....I currently live in one of those buildings with my dysfunctional freakazoid neighbors.

~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~

Underground hardcore and punk scene

by invisiblearmy

In late October of 2003 I made my way to Maine to visit family. Being from the Lone Star state, and in peticular Austin I found myself rather bored up there. That is until I met Luke Whithead lead singer for east coast stomp and hardcore band out of Brewer which is on the other side of bangor across the Penobscott River. If you look hard enough you will find a group of kids and adults that know have reinvented the hardcore scene in their small community. Bangor is home of Steven King and if you get a chance I highly recommend a trip to this strange town.

The Bog at Bangor City Forest

by sue&gene

The Bangor City Forest is north of Bangor off Stillwater Avenue on Tripp Drive. It has a very nice bog. I think the University of Maine helps maintain this area. The boardwalk is easy to walk and the interpretive signs help you understand what you are seeing. We visited in early June and found many of the plants in bloom.

Never left the airport

by Kushelkitten

I happened to arrive in Bangor, Maine quite by accident and never left the airport.

In March of 1982 my parents and I were flying back on PanAm from being stationed in Germany .

It was a fairly unpleasent flight being that my dad booked us in smoking. It became even more unpleasent when the pilot came on the PA system and advised us that the plane had no brakes and therefore wouldnt land at JFK as planned but in Bangor since it has the longest commercial runway in the US. Im not sure if this fact holds true today or not.

We were there for 4 hours. If I remember right the airport had a great big tank of live lobsters which kept me fascinated for most of the time. And the bookstore kept me occupied for the rest.

Have to say it was one of the cleanest and nicest designed airports I have ever had the pleasure to sit around it.

After the four hours were up and they managed to deice both sides of the plane and keep them that way we finally took off to JFK.

Comments