98 Eden Street (Route 3), Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com

• A nice Hotel in the middle of Everything!

The Acadia Inn is a fine moderately priced hotel. It is in the middle of all of the great things to do in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine.
    The hotel is very clean, very comfortable, and the location is perfect. The staff was very helpful, with plenty of suggestions about food and interesting area attractions.

Unique Quality: Great location, excellent staff, nice breakfast, relaxing atmosphere.

More about Acadia Inn

Thunder HoleThunder Hole

The Old Village Burial Ground signThe Old Village Burial Ground sign

A HARBOR SCENE IN BAR HARBORA HARBOR SCENE IN BAR HARBOR

Bass Harbor Head LightBass Harbor Head Light

Visiting May 16th-20th...things to do?

by JD76ers

Hi all,

My wife and I will be staying in Bar Harbor May 16th - 20th...this will be our first visit there. I realize that it's early in the season so I'm looking for ideas of things to do. We plan on a trolley and boat tour and we hope to check out Atlantic Brewery. From this site I see that Galyn's, Geddy's, and Rosalies are good places to eat. What about nightlife this time of the year?

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions of places to see or do please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

jeff

by balfor

I've not been there, but my brother and sister-in-law swear by the Bar Harbor Inn! They said that it's got a great little bar in it as well.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but I'm sure that more folks will be on in the next few days who know about the area!

by JD76ers

Thanks Balfor,
We may try that bar for a couple of cocktails. We are staying at Acadia Inn.

by rmdw

Jeff,

I was there last September. The best thing of all was driving around Acadia National Park: http://www.nps.gov/acad To do it properly would take several days. My friend, Kristi [VT: Dabs], and I had to rush it in one day.

We had dinner at a recommended place called "Poor Boy's Gourmet". It was wonderful and not too expensive. I just checked and she's really put a lot of work into her Bar Harbor page: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/411f2/c491c

I think you're going to enjoy yourself!

Robert

kid-friendly vacation in June

by twr

Hi everyone!

My family (including 2 young children) will be traveling to Maine in early June. We need kid-friendly places to stay and to go. I've read about the Children's Museums, several zoos, Acadia National Park, York Beach...Any other "must do's"?

Also, I've been looking at lodging in Bar Harbor. With two small kids, staying at a larger hotel just seems like a better option, plus we're on a budget. I've checked out the Acadia Inn and the Holiday Inn Sunspree. I've heard good things about both, although I've heard that the Holiday Inn has a better view of the water. We just need a place where the kids can run, swim, play, and not worry about breaking any antiques or fancy furniture. Any tips?

Thank you, and I look forward to your input. :-)

RE: kid-friendly vacation in June

by joesorce

www.parkentrance.com for Bar Harbor

North of York Beach about a half hour, consider Ocean Park. The amusement park at Old Orchard Beach is only a couple miles away, and the Ocean Park neighborhood is great for families.

www.seacliffhouse.com

www.billowhouse.com

Travel Tips for Bar Harbor

Bar Harbor Tip

by travelmad478

I visited Bar Harbor in June, when the milkweed all over the island was in spectacular bloom. Everywhere you looked, spiky purple flowers were covering fields and meadows. The effect was really magical.

Drive along shore toward Seal and Northeast Harbor

by painterdave

I recommend taking this drive instead of entering Acadia National Park directly from Bar Harbor as you will get to see lots of shoreline and you can stop along the way and enjoy the scenery BEFORE entering the park from what seems like the back side.
When you are walking in the green seaweed you must be careful as it is very slippery and you will be falling on rocks, not sand. OUCH!
Below are some photos I took along the way.

scrumptious desserts...

by kazander about Cafe this Way

Cafe this Way is the little secret everyone knows about. Right off of Rt 3 in the middle of the town of Bar Harbor, is a sign that points you down a litle driveway of sorts "Cafe this Way ---> " it says...
The cozy red painted room is decorated with an eclectic array of furniture, tabletops made of pebbles or paintings and relaxing easy chairs or upright painted cafe chairs. Be sure to see the dessert specials board, there are all sorts of additional goodies listed on the small blackboard.
I had the chocolate raspeberry truffle cake, Lou had the white choclate pistachio pie. Both were amazing

Great seafood near the harbor

by CraigT about Testa's

Nice atmosphere in this classy restaurant near the harbor in Bar Harbor. There are early bird specials so plan your day to save a few bucks. I had almond crusted haddock and it was excellent. I also enjoyed the special spread that came with the dinner rolls. A special mix of chopped black and green olives with garlic. Fantastic and available for sale at the counter. We passed on dessert but the waitress suggested Bill and Ben's (?-not Ben and Jerry's) Icecream across the street. We visited there later and enjoyed the flavors although the prices were high as they seemed to be for all icecream shops.

For Breakfast, hit Bunny's

by Cabana_Boy about For Breakfast, hit Bunny's

This place is geared for volume. It is a good place to go if you are traveling with a lot of people. Many of the cafes or other breakfast joints in Bar Harbor are small, but Bunny's has plenty of room and the service is fast. Scrambled eggs and sausage and that bottomless cup of coffee.

Comments