39 Holland Avenue, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, United States
Hotelsclick.com Travelocity

More about Bar Harbor

The Light Was PerfectThe Light Was Perfect

Acadia National Park  Jordan PondAcadia National Park Jordan Pond

Here's the placeHere's the place

Sunrise over a fishing boatSunrise over a fishing boat

Bangor to Bar Harbor

by ssurso

We will be visiting Bar Harbor next October with friends (they will already be there). We will be flying into Bangor to save money (we think). My question is how to get from Bangor to Bar Harbor quickly and cheaply or should we just pay the extra money to fly into Bar Harbor? We really did not want to impose on our friends since they are already inviting us to their place in Bar Harbor. Does anyone know any transportation possibilities?

Re: Bangor to Bar Harbor

by travelmad478

You can rent a car (I did this to get to BH from Bangor) or take an airport limo. Frankly, if you're only going to be there a few days, I'd go with the car rental--it'll be cheaper. A limo will run you more than $100 each way, since the drive is over an hour. Do a Google search for "Bangor airport limo" and you will find plenty of options.

Travel Tips for Bar Harbor

The Beer Hunt continues...in Bar Harbor

by Cabana_Boy

Wherever you go, whatever you do, sampling the local beer is definite must.

What do the locals drink, what beer is most popular, which beer is hardest to find, does it come in a half pint glass just like grandma used to drinkā€¦or better still, a full pint glass like I drink??? These are all good questions that need to be answered...

Here on Mount Desert Island there are a number of good beers available that were born in the great state of Maine, but the one beer that holds fond memories for me in and around Bar Harbor is Geary's Pale Ale. I had this little beauty for the first time for lunch at the Docksider in Northeast Harbor and the joy of that moment in time has stayed with me ever since.

Bar Harbor Tip

by debjanec

One morning we rose before dawn to drive in darkness to the summit of Cadillac Mountain. There we shivered in the cold waiting to be among the first in the US to see the sun rise. Afterwards we went for hot coffee & blueberry pancakes at Jordan's Restaurant on Cottage Street in Bar Harbor. A great way to start the day and a special memory of our time in Maine

Hunter's Beach Trail

by CraigT

Actually this is the Beaten Path. We were Geocaching (www.geocaching.com) and chose this site along the coast to find our treasure. The trail was classic woods. Lots of roots, a creek, wood bridges and opening to the rocky coast. This hike can be as short or as long as you want to make it. Look for Hunter's Beach Trail associated with Acadia National Park. The entrance is on a side road off of Hwy 3 near Seal Harbor. I think the side road was called Cooksey Road.

Funky and fun little lunch stop

by pchamlis about Dinks Taxi - Route 66

Dinks is located on a little side street in Bar Harbor, in a building that honest looks like it was once a church. They insist not, so we'll just take their word for it, ignoring the stained glass.

This is basically a lunch place, at least as I see it. Lots of simple foods... burgers, local seafood, salads. There are lots of beer choices - they were having a special on Sam Adams the day we were there. And, the desserts are very very good, too. We were eating light, we tried both the clam and corn chowders. Bonnie's salad was fresh and copious, and the dessert menu was good stuff, too. Like I say, they had a special going on Sam Adams Oktoberfest brew, and I had a couple.

Bring on more pancakes!

by kazander about Acadia Restaurant

I'm not exactly sure how important a meal breakfast is on this island, but at 10am it's not the easiest thing in the world to find a nice spot for some coffee and eggs. Thankfully we found the Acadia Restaurant. Good old fashioned diner, complete with a bottomless cup of coffee. ( I was going to say "cup of joe" there, but it sounded ridiculously out of character) We were very into having huge breakfasts, so that we could take advantage of the day without having to stop and refuel to often, so here's what we ate. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, and I think Lou also got home fries and toast. And of course coffee and juice. Whew! Everything was wonderful

8/07
I was just informed that this wonderful little place has closed down. Sad news indeed!

Comments