Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Inn

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

excellent

just few minutes drive far from Bar Harbour downtown, this hotel offers a wonderful location and one of the best view restaurant in Maine. Moreover, indoor and outdoor pools, spa and gym. Rooms were very large and congiergie very polite. I cannot judge the quality of the restaurant (but "just" the breathtaking view) because we never eat there.

More about Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Inn

love the bluenose inn

by TripAdvisor Member megciamomwells

We stayed in the Mizzentop building and the hospitality was wonderful. The view from the balcony is beautiful. The room was very comfortable. The piano music in the lobby was fantastic. We have never stayed in a place so special. The hotel is one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in and the people are so friendly. The Rose Garden was great as well. The food was delicious and the staff professional. We are spoiled and will only stay at the Bluenose in the future.

The Bluenose, A perfect match

Once a year, my wife and small children accompany me on a business trip. This trip took me to the Bluenose Inn in Bar Harbor, Maine. The Bluenose Inn has everything I need to conduct my business. A comfortable work area in my room, high speed internet access, a top notch restaurant on site and a fitness center! Plus a professional staff that delivers faxes and messages promptly. What I didn't expect was the way the staff adopted my family! Accurate, easy to follow, maps to the area attractions, souvenir shops, putt putt golf and places where the kids could run, talk loud and laugh. You know, things that kids do. My wife was impressed with how prepared they were to help. A cup of milk, a band aid, the staff was great. Some hotels do one or the other, business travelers or leisure travelers. The Bluenose Inn is the perfect match for all travelers!

Exceptional Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member YvoParadise

One of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in. Our suite was beautiful and so roomy with a gorgeous view of the bay. A very well maintained hotel. The staff were exceptional. The restaurant on the premises was wonderful, superb service and food. We were made to feel like family and will definitely return to the Bluenose Inn when we get a chance to visit Bar Harbor again. An absolutely wonderful stay.

Spanish Wine Dinner

My wife and I had a two night package on 18 and 19 October 2004, which included a Spanish Wine Dinner. I have to echo all the comments about the Bluenose Inn, just an outstanding property. I truly believe what makes this place so great is the staff. Everybody that we can in contact with were great. Our package included two breakfasts and a dinner, the breakfasts were very good, I really enjoyed the smoked salmon omelet. The dinner was an extraordinary experience that was totally delightful, with each part of the meal and wine explained, from the Mediterrancan Octopus to the White Chocolate Rice Pudding. This was living the High Life. Thank you Fred and Carlos for the dinner, thank you to the staff that we met, you are a first class hotel. Thank You

Liberace would be proud

by TripAdvisor Member Cynergy

Stayed at the Bluenose Inn a couple weeks ago. Our first trip to Bar Harbor - which we loved! The Bluenose was very comfortable - lots of room to spread out, especially in the bathroom, nice amenities - bathrobes, make-up mirror, double sinks, etc. However, I've never stayed in a room that was pinker or had more flowery, fussy, frou-frou touches than this one. It was a bit much for me and I can only guess at my poor husband's discomfort. Even the sheets were pink! And chandeliers in the bathroom. Liberace would have been right at home here. (In fact, the evening pianist in the lounge reminded us very much of Liberace!) A little surprising considering we found Bar Harbor to be a pretty hip little town (check out the restaurant Havana - it holds its own with any trendy big city eatery). No complaints with the hotel, really, just be forewarned it'll challenge your testosterone.

Not so great

by TripAdvisor Member funintravel

I stayed at the Inn for 3 nights in June 2004. The Blue Nose is NOT on the water despite what the description indicates on their web site - it is right above a very busy main road that leads in to Bar Harbor and it's a bit of a walk in to town. I really expected a peaceful water front location. It is also high priced for so-so accomodations - we had a balcony room facing the harbor which was a nice view but the really hard bed and overly stuffy flowered decor did not work for me. The staff was OK and it was clean - if it had been $120 instead of about $300 per night I would've thought better of it. I would not stay there again.

Coming back

by TripAdvisor Member tallen

This hotel has ruined us for other accomodations! We absoluted hated to leave. We stayed in the main area on the fourth floor and the view was breathtaking. We had our coffee on the balony every morning. The propane fireplace with sitting area felt a cottage [up scale]. The walk from the hotel was about five minutes to downtown and we enjoyed seeing the lovely homes as we walked. The staff was wonderful, couldn't have asked for more. Yes, no other hotel will compare for us anymore...we were spoiled.

A beautiful place to stay in Bar Harbor

My husband and I recently had the chance to spend an evening at the Bluenose. We stayed in the main building in one of the fireplace rooms. It was so lovely. The room was large and having the sitting area with the fireplace to enjoy was so nice that we didn't even mind the rain and cold.
What a great place to relax. The wake up call came on time, the staff was great and you couldn't beat the beautiful view in the morning when the sun rose (finally-after all that rain) over the bay. We had a cup of coffee and just enjoyed the last moments of our lovely stay. Hated to leave!

Beware the Reservations Process at this Place

This hotel was completley unreasonable. I called one afternoon, and spoke to the reservations agent who quoted me a rate for 5 nights in the Mizzentop property at the end of June... When I called back 3 hours later to confirm the reservation, the manager quoted me a price $176 MORE per night, which would amount to $880 more for our stay--clearly this is TOTALLY unacceptable. There was no attempt to apologize for the confusion, nor was there an effort to meet me half way in terms of making up the difference in price quotes...

Bottom line--I will not stay here under any circumastances when the staff plays shell games like this with their customers...

Wonderful !

Excellent! We enjoyed the view, service and accomadations. We stayed on the third floor which affords the best view. Staff was very helpful ! We enjoyed it greatly!!

Picture just labeled "Harbor" from 1956Picture just labeled "Harbor" from 1956

An early 19th century stoneAn early 19th century stone

BAR HARBOR'S HARBORBAR HARBOR'S HARBOR

My blueberries drying on a towelMy blueberries drying on a towel

Cottage or hotel?

by LivLuvLaugh

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Bar Harbor/Acadia in July. We love visiting our national parks and have yet to get to Maine. I am trying to decide on whether to stay at a cottage outside of Bar Harbor or in a hotel outside or close to Bar Harbor to walk to town. I'd really like a bay or ocean view, just to sit back on our down time and enjoy, but I'm also trying to do this trip a little frugal due to recent unexpected expenses. I don't want to cancel my trip, but thought with some suggestions I could find a reasonable balance to fully enjoy the area and make our visit memorable. I'm not a shopper, so our major expenses would be meals (probably only one main meal a day), hotel/cottage, and perhaps a tour. Most cottages have fees imposed if changed or cancelled, so I want to be sure I'm making the right choice. Any suggestions?

RE: RE: Cottage or hotel?

by diver-x

Have you considered camping? When I think of Maine, I think of sitting around the campfire & gazing at the stars. It'd be hard to get that experience in a hotel. But I understand that not everyone enjoys camping, so . . . if the choice is between a hotel or a cottage, then my vote is for the cottage. Unfortunately, since we always camp, I don't have any recommendations for you except Mt. Desert Campground on Somes Sound: http://www.mountdesertcampground.com/
They've got electricity at many of the sites so you can plug in the coffee pot if you want (we do!). We pay about $36/night there. Waterfront and water view sites are a little more.

If you have to go with more expensive lodgings, then there is plenty to do in and around Acadia that is inexpenive or even free. Hiking, watching the sunrise & sunset, kayaking or just enjoying the sights. Also, if shopping doesn't interest you then you may want to stay further away from town since shopping is really what town is all about. Lots of good dining too, but it's not too much trouble to drive into town for dinner (though you will run into traffic) and you'll find some good places to eat outside of town too. Good luck!

Comments