Newport Drive, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• The Very Best in Bar Harbor

Our family has stayed here several times over the past 25 years, usually in the Ocean Front Lodge. In June 2009 we had the occasion to stay in the Main Inn as our daughter's wedding took place here. It was just unbelievable! The entire staff, first and foremost , was more than accommodating and extremely pleasant to work with. They made the wedding planning easy. Dede and Nicole, wedding and event coordinators are the BEST! There was absolutely nothing to worry about. All of us, including the bride, thoroughly enjoyed the entire event. We were there for 3 days and everything went like clockwork. Even the sun shone at its appointed time :-) with the famous Maine fog lurking just off shore. Several out of state guests were here for the 1st time and all have vowed to return. We cannot say enough good about the Bar Harbor Inn. Even the price, while being expensive by Maine standards is worth every dime and is not out of line with other luxurious hotels in the area. We felt like family while there. And we will return!

Unique Quality: Of course the view is equal to no one else, it is a million dollar view of the working harbor, the Porcupine Islands and if there is a cruise ship in port of that, too. Aside from that, the people who work at the Inn are second to none. They are personable, helpful (and will bend over backwards to find answers to your questions), go above and beyond what is required and they do it all with a sense of humor. The rooms, too, are elegantly furnished with plenty of room. The bath is modern with a jetted tub and several ammenities provided. The people was more than adequte and the hot tub proved to be very popular. They also have a playground for little ones and we witnessed a small wedding in their private gazebo while we were there.

Directions: On the waterfront near the town pier.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

PREMIER OCEANFRONT LOCATION

Treat yourself to exceptional accommodations and fine dining at the luxurious and elegant BAR HARBOR INN which is the area's premier oceanfront location. Newly refurbished, the Main Inn offers deluxe suites and rooms featuring private balconies overlooking scenic Frenchman's Bay, more than 1,000 feet of shore front and eight acres of lush lawns and gardens
    Sample their remarkabale cuisine in the "Readin Room Restaurant" or for those who prefer a more casual fare, their outdoor "Terrace Grill" cafe' offers a diverse menu.

• Perfect location

My husband and I stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn August 2007 with our 18 month old daughter. We stayed in the Ocean front lodge. It was great! The room was nothing great in terms of the bed and bathroom(could use a little updating), but the balcony was great with a spectacular view. The location could not be better. It is right in the middle of town! We went to Acadia during the day and then did not have to get in the car again. The main restaurant was very good, we did not use the spa and the pool was nothing special.The breakfast was good - tons of food.

We would definitely go back. I was very nervous having my 18 month old. The hotel had enough grass for her to run around, it had a little swing set with 2 swings. The foot path goes right behind the hotel, so it was good people watching as you sat on the balcony.

Best of all - coffee all day. It is not too common in a lot of hotels anymore, but coffee in the lobby all day long and usually a little snack was nice. The staff was very nice.

Unique Quality: Great view! Good good! Great location! No driving needed

Directions: In the middle of town! You can not miss it!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Bar Harbor's Premier Oceanfront Resort

We didn't stay at Bar Harbor Inn because we were camping at a nearby state park. However, just seeing this magnificent Inn was a treat, and staying here will definitely be a consideration when we return to Bar Harbor.

Bar Harbor Inn houses 64 guest rooms and two restaurants in three distinct buildings. It is surrounded by 8 acres of lush lawns and gardens, with a one-half mile shoreline path along Frenchmans Bay. It is in easy walking distance of most of the major sights and attractions of Bar Harbor. Views from the Inn are spectacular.

Directions: In downtown Bar Harbor, directly on Frenchman's Harbor

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

We would have stayed here, but..

You can't really miss the Bar Harbor Inn, as it rather dominates the waterfront. If we had intended to stay over, we would have stayed here. the rates seem quite reasonable, and, naturally vary according to the time of year. However, we had to be many miles to the West by nightfall, to be at our next destination. A great pity, we should have stayed in Baa Haa Baa much longer!

Directions: Waterside

• Easty's Profile Photo

Bar Harbor Inn

I went here in 1985, so I do not know the current rates. I remember it was expensive.

Unique Quality: A great resort with all the amentities. One of the most memorable stays in all my journeys. This place stands out above the rest.

• Bar Harbor Inn

Rates vary widely but can be from $100 to $280 depending on the type of room (view or no view, size, ect.) and the time of year.

Unique Quality: The hotel is the most centrally located of any hotel but it is separated by parks on either side so you can't see the crowds or other hotels. When you stay here it seems like this is the only hotel in town and that Bar Harbor is just a little village. It features great views, good rooms, a pool, an continental breakfast overlooking Frenchman Bay.

Directions: The Bar Harbor Inn is located in what I think is the best location in the whole area. It is right in downtown Bar Harbor on the water. Newport Drive, Bar Harbor, ME.

More about Bar Harbor Inn

Adored Bar Harbor Inn

I stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn in Maine. The hotel was wonderful, the people were polite. My room was always cleaned to perfection every day, and they even picked up my dirty clothes off the floor and folded them. I was more than pleased with this hotel and I will recommend it to everyone. Thanks Again!

great restaraunt at the Bar Harbor Inn

My wife and I ate at the Reading Room Restarant and had a fantastic dinner. I would reccommend the lobster pie and the macadamia talapia with kiwi ginger cream. great wine list as well

Bar Harbor Inn...a beautiful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Floridablondie

My husband and I were in search of just the right place to spend our 25th Wedding Anniversary...we found it...the Bar Harbor Inn in beautiful Bar Harbor, ME. Our room was in the main building facing the harbor (Room 207). The view was sensational! The food in the Reading Room Restaurant was also very good...especially the blueberry pie! The staff is excellent and very helpful! What is also terrific about this place is that it is close to everything in town. You can walk to great restaurants, shopping, and even an old fashioned movie theatre. It is only about a mile to the most beautiful sights that I have ever seen in Acadia National Park. Make sure you check out the Jordan Pond House in Acadia...the popovers and Lobster Stew...and the scenery is just great! The Bar Harbor Inn is tops on my list of great places to vacation!

Bar Harbor Inn SailboatBar Harbor Inn Sailboat

Bar Harbor Inn PoolBar Harbor Inn Pool

Bar Harbor Inn logoBar Harbor Inn logo

Bar Harbor InnBar Harbor Inn

for the day

by liz_coe

Dear VTer's, I have been researching Bar Harbor and the town looks great. This coming September I am tak8ing a cruise and will stop off in Bar harbor for only 8hrs. What are the must sees that I can do in that short amount of time? Acardia looks great, but what else.

Thanks,
Liz

RE: for the day

by zrim

Acadia is the best thing to do, but if you are on a cruise you probably wont have a car. But we watched people get of a cruise ship and onto buses that took them atound Acadia. The downside of that is you don't get to set your own pace and take some of the great hikes.

Otherwise, there are a couple nice victorian homes in Bar Harbor if you want to wander the streets. The shopping seemed to be typical tourist t-shirts and postcards. Finally, there are whale watching trips.

It is a very small town that crawls with tourists. I think you will exhaust your options fairly quickly if you don't go to Acadia.

RE: RE: for the day

by liz_coe

Thank you for the advise. Bar Harbor does seem a bit touristy but the advise that you have given is great.

RE: RE: for the day

by cathy9510usa

There's a lovely coastal walk going past the Bar Harbor Inn, from where you can go back to the main shopping area. Lots of cute stores and great polaces to eat.

Comments