Inn at Bay Ledge

150 Sand Point Road, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, United States

More about Bar Harbor

coffee and internetcoffee and internet

The park trellis, overlooking the harbor/bayThe park trellis, overlooking the harbor/bay

"ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?"  I THINK WE ARE!"ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?" I THINK WE ARE!

Entrance to Stewman's on West StreetEntrance to Stewman's on West Street

3 days with the dog in Bar Harbor

by sophieruth

On spur of the moment I decided on a short trip to Bar Harbor (my favorite place on earth) with my greyhound. I booked four night in Eden Motel. I know that the leashed dogs are allowed on trails, but what about boat trips, other activities and outdoor places to eat where I can have her along ? I am an older but active woman. Also did I chose a decent motel? It was one of the few that admitted dogs. I will be grateful for any advice. Sophie

by jayodin

YOu could check this out- it may help we were up there and it was fun.

www.travguides.com/2006/08/traveling-to-bar-harbor-maine-with.html

by JulesTwo

We just named our daughter Sophia Ruth!! Anyway here is a list that might help:
Enjoy! What a fun place to go. We leave for a week in Maine in Sept!

by sophieruth

Thank you so much jayodin and JulesTwo. Both sites are extremely helpful. Congratulations on the arrival of my namesake JulesTwo. Thanks again Sophie

Travel Tips for Bar Harbor

The First Sunrise in America

by emilienoelle

Because it lies on the eastern side of Mount Desert Island, away from the mainland, Bar Harbor is one of the first places in the United States to see the sun rise. (Not in North America, just in the United States). It's worth it if you're an early riser to get yourself a cup of coffee and head down to the harbor to watch the sun come up over the Bay. It's really beautiful, a great start to any day, especially if you're on vacation.

Packing List

by Cabana_Boy

Be sure to bring warm clothing with you, even in the summer months. Just make sure you have a jacket and full length pants if you are hiking or boating. High winds at the top of the mountains can make your time spent there uncomfortable and short. And it is not uncommon for temperatures to fall considerably, especially if a downeaster weather front comes through. The photo is my freezing my arse off at the top of Cadillac Mountain on a nice sunny day in May.

Spam on a Half Shell

by Coombsie about Geddy's

The restraunt has all kinds of memoriabilia hanging from the walls, ceiling, bar. A LOT of different licence plates from all over the country. The waitstaff is extreamly friendly, and helpful and the food was outstanding.

Quick sandwich stop

by Dabs about Not Quite the Corner Deli

We were looking for a place to grab a quick bite to eat before heading to Acadia National Park and this place fit the bill. There are quite a few delis along Main Street but this is the first one we saw. I had a roast beef sandwich on a very tasty roll with mayo, lettuce and tomato. The sandwich was very filling.

I didn't get a menu from this place but they had quite a few sandwich options, many of which had unusual ingredients, and soup offerings including a 1/2 sandwich/soup combination. I think the sandwiches were in the $5-7 range.

My goal, which I achieved...

by travelmad478

My goal, which I achieved easily, was to eat lobster and ice cream every single day that I spent on the island. The best meal I had was at Thurston's Lobster Pound, next door to the lobster dock seen in the photo here. The restaurant is in Bass Harbor on the southwest side of the island.
You're sitting outside on a deck, so you can make as much mess as you want. Lobster! The lobster pound is a Maine tradition. At Thurston's, step up to the counter and pick out your lobster personally. Then order as many sides as you can imagine eating (I went for corn, cole slaw, a roll, and blueberry cake) and your drink (I had the excellent Coal Porter local brew). Sit down and wait for your name to be called, and then go up and get your tray of fantastic, super-fresh steamed lobster. It is completely delicious.

Comments