Moseley Cottage and Town Motel

Official Site

More about Moseley Cottage and Town Motel

Great location,clean,reasonable children accepted

by TripAdvisor Member 7797

We recently stayed at the Inn with two children. The owners were very comfortable with the children and we did not have to worry about every move the children made. It was very relaxing. The room we stayed in on the 3 floor had 2 full sized beds and a view of the harbor. The room was very spacious and clean. The only thing it lacked was a bathtub for the kids but we solved that problem by borrowing the neighbors (my sister and her husband). This was their first experience at a B & B and I know they were very happy with the whole experience. The breakfasts were nothing elaborate but they were very good. Homemade muffins, breads and fresh fruit were served. The location was great . We could walk to town easily which kept us from loading and unloading the kids into their car seats. The Inn is back far enough from the main street that there was never any problem with noise. It was very peaceful. We were very pleased with our selection since the only info we had was from the internet. We would definitely go back. Nothing fancy but clean, spacious, nicely decorated rooms and a reasonable price.

Magical, sweet experience!

by TripAdvisor Member takeaclass

From the moment that we stepped into Room #1 at the cottage, we felt that we were in a very special place. The Inn's attention to the small, warm details of a guest's experience was apparent in every little nook....from the wonderful display of brochures, neighborhood movies......to the lovely furniture in our room...to the swift fulfillment of my husband's request for hot water....we were enveloped in the kindness of Chris, Christine and Gail. And, I haven't even mentioned the repast that was placed before us every morning. Mouthwatering delights the likes of which would cost you $25/person in most resort towns...the aroma of fresh baking wafts through your door and you think "I'm in heaven." And, you surely are! Of all my B&B stays, this is truly the best....unparalleled.....I feel grateful to the former reviewers who led me to this Bar Harbor gem and I hope that this will persuade travelers (who like me thought OMG--40 inns--how will I ever decide?) Stop right here--you have found the best!

The best for Less

by TripAdvisor Member Lucky69

We couldn't get over how fabulous this place was for such a resonable cost. For the amount you pay you get very clean and spacious rooms, an amazing amount of food at breakfast and the location and scenery are all great. .You can't go wrong with this motel and cottages. The only place we will stay in while visiting Bar Harbor.

Best kept secret in Bar Harbor!

by TripAdvisor Member sorchamac

There have been so many great reviews for the Mosely Inn written this month I'm not sure what I can add. We were there the last week of August, and it was just wonderful! This was our 5th trip to Acadia, so I've looked at the different available accomodations for the area many times. It is hard to find a room in an inn with two double beds that will allow young children, is close to town AND is reasonably priced. The Mosely Inn is all this and more. I LOVE staying in old Victorian homes, and I like inns with at least 5-8 guest rooms (I don't want to feel ilke I'm sleeping in someone's bedroom). The Mosely has 9 (maybe 10) rooms, several with 2 double beds and one that even has two twin beds and a double (queen?) bed. We stayed in room 8. It had two double beds, a tourette (sp?) window, and a view of the harbor. It was furnished with vintage pieces and was shabby chic in decor (but in very good, extremely clean condition). We checked out most of the other rooms and there are many with balconies and other extraordinary touches like an old-fashioned toliet with the overhead tank, and many beautiful antiques. The rooms are VERY large and spacious. The owners are extremely friendly, tolerant of children (and accomodating of fussy eaters). Breakfast consists of a main dish which was delicious every morning (egg frittata, apple pancakes, french toast, etc). But the best were the homemade muffins and cakes (crumb cake, chocolate chip scones, etc). Quite enough to fill up on for a day of hiking or biking. The inn is located half a block from the main part of Bar Harbor, extremely convenient for the free shuttle buses and all the shops and restaurants. And to top it all off the price of the room was extremely reasonable! Ask for the AAA discount (if you are a member) and you will be quite pleased! We paid $140 ($135 + $5 for our older child for breakfast) a night in peak season. A much better deal than most other accomodations in town.

I wish Chris and his family continued success with the Inn, and we will be back in a year or two!

PS. As far as hiking we did the Triad trail with our 6 and 8 year old, and it was perfect. It was extremely green and it felt like you were walking through a storybook woodland forest. Great Head Trail is also good for kids (always take care of the rocks and ledges though).

Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member yogaidoc

It was our first trip to Bar Harbor and we had a wonderful experience not least of which was our stay at the Moseley Cottage Bed and Breakfast. The room was gigandamondo. I was never in a room so big. It used to be a library. There was a working fireplace, a sitting area with table and chairs, a private balcony, one overstuffed bed and another equally comfortable. The appointments were charming. It had real character. Chris and Christine were also great hosts. The breakfasts were feasts with delicious baked goods and fritatas, blueberry pancakes, eggs with garden fresh veggies, juice , coffee, and cereal. We will definitely be back if our good fortune brings us back to Bar Harbor.

A vacation where I actually got to relax

by TripAdvisor Member seeyalater

The Moseley Cottage was the perfect escape. The cottage itself has a very vintage feel which fits perfectly in with the area. The rooms were well decorated and provided a good amount of space. You feel much more of a home atmosphere while still maintaining your privacy and personal space. The staff is very friendly and informative. The directed me to some great restaurants, trails for hiking, and areas of interest to check out. I had an extremely relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Pitiful place, poor attitude

by TripAdvisor Member JuliannaL

This was the only unpleasant stay we had on our recent trip to Maine and Nova Scotia. I found the young man who manages the place to be very rude and unaccomodating. I always believe that being rude is inexcusable.
In addition to the general bad attitude of the one particular staff member, we found numerous bugs in our room. I don't know what type they were but they were hard shelled and had pinchers. When I informed this particular young man about the bugs in our room he just told me what type of bug that was and that they come in during the fall. That's all fine and good, but I don't relish sleeping with them. Nowhere else we stayed had bugs, I can't imagine why this place did.
The other notable event was the heat for the room. There was a portable room heater which plugged into a wall outlet. The cord to the heater got very hot and it was scary using that for heat but because we have two small children we had to use something. Needless to say, neither my husband nor I slept very well while there. Also, the two easily accessible outlets available for plug-in were connected to the light switch and hence the room lighting. It is nearly impossible to sleep with the light on by the way. There was a corner outlet which was completely full and would have put the heater right next to my daughter's bed (the heater with the hot cord mind you). It was not connected to the room lighting but I would not put that heater next to my daughter's bed, even if we had been informed that was the outlet to be used.
I will never stay there again and would never recommend it to anyone else.

Comfortable, Cozy and Congenial

by TripAdvisor Member capturingmemories

Arrived early on Friday, October 6th. Was able to check in by 2pm. Upon arrival, was greeted with a warm welcome and advice on where to get a nice lunch. My room was small, with a single bed. Perfect for a single adult traveling alone. A few feet , off the hallway, was a pivate shower and bathroom. Really nice and clean. My stay was for three nights. Housekeeping was excellent. Breakfast is served at 8am( Included in the price of staying at the Inn). It was superb and plentiful. Included, cut up fruit, homemade muffins, breads, cold cereals, juice, bagels, english muffins, and condiments of course. Coffee was great and always available in the front hall, upon awakening. Also, was served in the dining room, as well as tea, and hot chocolate.
The icing on the cake, was the delightful, "indian summer" like weather we had during the daytime. Also, the full moon which rose over the horizon, about 6pm, on Frechmans Bay. Just a 15 minute walk down Main st, to the waterfront. Hope to post some pics very soon.

Happy Times at the Moseley Cottage

by TripAdvisor Member acadiaadventurer

Everything I said above! Five stars!

I find the innkeepers here accomodating and personable and I love the breakfasts they make. It's hard for me to think of specifics here because I like everything here so much. I'd have to say that I'm particularly impressed with the variation of the menu -- each day I get a new treat and a bunch of baked goods.

The history of the house is interesting, too and staying in a place where you feel immersed in a "bygone era" is a treat.

I come here twice a year, in the spring and the fall. For me this takes a drive of 400 miles each way and this is well worth it.

I also appreciate that Chris and Christine are avid hikers like myself and we can compare notes and give eachother recommendations of great hikes.
They have a number of resources about the park at the inn, too. Christine grew up in Bar Harbor and she knows the park really well.

Even though this in is in Bar HArbor where you can walk to everything, you're out of the madness of town and can sleep well. It's on such a quiet street!

This is a unique place with the ambience of a caring family with the professionalism of a hotel. This is not the fanciest place in Bar Harbor, but it's a place you'll feel at home in.

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member RAWR

I think that this place is awesome. My family and I come here every year and find it to be very accomodating and cozy. The people are very friendly and nice and never rude. Not to mention, the breakfasts are delicious! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are comfy. It is also close to town, but on a quiet side street.

This place is perfect!