111 Eden Street, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Bar Harbor's best oceanfront hotel

We stayed at the Bayview Hotel in July 2005. Our room was large, deck huge, view incredible, extremely clean room. Staff very helpful without being cloying, complimentary breakfast with fruit parfait, pancakes, etc. Complimentary, homemade cookies were delicious. Reasonable rates for all they offer. Quiet location. Complimentary shuttle to town and back so you don't have to worry about parking, they also can take you to the airport. We highly recommend this hotel from every aspect and will return again. I can see why so many of their guests are repeats year after year.

Unique Quality: Ocean views like no other, quiet location, only a mile from Bar Harbor, shuttle service, incredibly nice and helpful staff, beautiful grounds, great rooms

Directions: Near the Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia

• Bar Harbor's jewel on the ocean

The Bayview Hotel is not only a hotel on the ocean but also has lovely 2-3 bedroom townhouses. This quiet location is only a couple of minutes from downtown Bar Harbor so you avoid the traffic noises, etc. The staff is outstanding--from the bellman to the desk help to the dining staff. They offer comp. breakfast, comp. afternoon cookies (homemade, of course!) comp. transportation into town as well as to the local airport. The rocky coast of Maine is just a few feet away from your room. We found the Bayview to be wonderful in everyway and are going back again in July of this year. We highly recommend this lovely hotel. Relax, enjoy a drink on the balcony over looking the Atlantic, peace and quiet abound.

Unique Quality: Delicious breakfast, the best views, ultraclean rooms, staff that cares without being overbearing, delightful grounds, pool overlooking the ocean, sort of an inn atmosphere yet the townhomes on the property are terrific for families, too.

Directions: Two hotels after the Cat, the ferry to Nova Scotia

More about The Bayview

Great Stay in House

by TripAdvisor Member ejan

Originally we booked a townhouse with 2 queen beds and a pull-out couch, but when I found out the house was available - for the same money - we switched to that. We paid $369 AAA rate per night, which included bkfast for all 4 of us (2 adults, 2 teens). It was a great stay - the house was very comfortable - very big with a king bed in the upstairs bedroom, 2 twins in the oversized loft, and a double bed in the downstairs bedroom. There were 2 full bathrooms, although the downstairs bathroom was shared by the washer/dryer (a huge plus). The decor was really "log cabin Maine" but that added to the charm. There was AC and/or heat, and a huge ceiling fan in the loft. Also a full kitchen and dining room.

We really enjoyed our stay. The Bayview's location is a little out of the way, and they were happy to shuttle you into town or back - never a wait. However, we didn't find it difficult to drive ourselves either.

The breakfasts were very good, and the view is outstanding. Also we had free use of the computers over at the neighboring motel (same owner as the Bayview), and also comp coffee, tea and hot chocolate round the clock. The Bayview put out great cookies every afternooon, and on the morning we checked out, there was a huge bowl of individually wrapped candies (including our favorite carmels)!

If you stay here, be sure to book Winston Shaw's Seaventure Custom Boat Tours... it was a great way to see the shoreline of Acadia! His dock is a 2 minute walk from the Bayview.

Overall, great service and a great price for a huge house (and we only stayed 3 nights)! Highly recommended.

BayView is a keeper

by TripAdvisor Member PowerTripTraveler

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the BayView and really enjoyed our stay. The TripAdvisor comments regarding the excellent staff was on the mark. Our weather limited our biking to just the first day but the staff provided advise for rainy day activities. They also had great suggestions regarding where to dine in town. The room was very spacious with a wide deck with a beautiful water view. We definitely recommend the BayView for a stay in the area. The only downside is that the hotel is about a mile from town. To offset this a free shuttle to downtown is offered.

The Bayview: wonderful service, comfortable surroundings

by TripAdvisor Member WarEagleFan

Spent a week at The Bayview during the week of July 14. Even though the weather there was supposed to be quite warm, compared to the heat wave in Alabama, the weather was wonderful. When we arrived at The Bayview, we were greeted by the doorman and escorted to our room. We were quite impressed by the size of the room. Each day it was immaculately cleaned. The furniture was polished, carpet was vacuumed, bathroom was sanitized. We stayed on the third floor and had a beautiful view. The balcony was comfortable, not elaborate, but with the cool morning and evening breezes, we were quite pleased. The view was impressive and we could watch "The Cat" leave Monday through Wednesday morning or evening.
The employees were helpful and I've never had better service anywhere. Each evening we were chauffered to our choice of restaurant/night spot in the Bar Harbor area. If we chose to return before 11:00 pm, we called for the van to come retrieve us. If not, we called the hotel and asked for them to call a cab to pick us up. What a nice perk! The staff was very helpful in deciding places to visit. Their suggestions on what to do and where to go were on the mark.
This hotel is not plush. After taking many trips to Orange Beach Alabama, the condos there are much more elaborate than the Bayview. The service and cleanliness (and the breakfast) are what makes this hotel one of the top on my list. If my husband and I ever have the opportunity to visit Maine again, we will definitely stay in this place. We are accustomed to southern hospitality and found to our surprise it existed at The Bayview in Bar Harbor.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member 23456

Stayed here for our 25th anniversary for last week of September. It is immaculate, well designed and tastefully furnished. Powerful showers, great views, shuttle on demand courtesy of L.L. Bean. Easy access to a beautiful National park or downtown Bar Harbor. Each breakfast was very well done and a bit different each day. Picnic lunches available. Great staff who never let us get thru the door without saying hello. I am so impressed that I am taking the time to write this tho I just drove 10 hours to get back home. Price wise; we have paid more and have gotten less. Thank you Bayview folks for a lovely stay.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member julsct

My husband and I recently spent two nights at The Bayview and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious, clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. I found the king mattress uncomfortable, but I am picky when it comes to mattresses. I also found the bathroom a little small.

All of the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful with any questions that we had. Continental breakfast is served every morning in the dining room that also has a great view. At the front desk there were always homemade cookies that I have to admit were some of the best cookies I've ever tasted.

You are able to order a picnic lunch from the front desk to bring with you if you are heading to Acadia and my husband and I took advantage of this on our second day. The lunch was delicious and had plenty of food.

I would definitely stay at the Bayview again.

wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member psgriswold

We stayed for 3 nights at the Bayview during Columbus Day weekend. Want to echo previous posts about the large rooms, great views, nice breakfast and yummy cookies. Some places try to be more than they are and one leaves disappointed. Other places don’t pretend to be more than they are and then surprise you with little service touches. You leave feeling like you found a wonderful gem. This place is very much the latter. One afternoon I asked for some tea and they made me a fresh pot and were generally insulted when I asked if I could charge it to my room, “of course there’s no charge”. A nice relief from some places that nickel and dime you for every little thing. I highly recommend the Bayview.

Wonderful stay at the Bayview!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ECTraveler

My family stayed at the Bayview this past June 2006 and I have been meaning to write this review for quite some time … better late than never! We chose the Bayview based on the TripAdvisor recommendations and were not disappointed! We found the Bayview to be beautifully located overlooking Frenchman’s Bay, with a courteous staff and immaculate rooms. The room was very clean and nicely appointed with a private balcony overlooking Frenchman’s bay. The Bayview is nicely located away from the hustle and bustle of Bar Harbor on Rt. 3 but located down a long driveway away from the road. Bar Harbor is a nice 20-30 min. walk but if you are not up to the walk, the hotel runs a shuttle service to Bar Harbor - but we never even used it. The hotel staff even accommodated us each evening by turning on the lights in the dining room so that we had a nice large table where we could play dominoes and card games together with my brother’s family whom we were traveling with. The breakfast was outstanding with a variety of cereals, pastries, fruits, juices, and a daily hot featured item such as blueberry pancakes, eggs Benedict, breakfast casserole, etc. There were delicious freshly baked cookies at the desk each afternoon to welcome us back from our daily excursions into Acadia NP and the staff was very helpful in assisting us with choosing dining each evening. The only drawback to the Bayview may be the small outdoor pool – you won’t be doing laps in this one – but we found the pool to be a nice size for our kids, ages 5-12 to enjoy and bigger pools, both indoor and outdoor are located a short walk across the parking lot at a jointly owned property next door. As we were checking out of the hotel on our final day after a very enjoyable five night stay, several of the hotel staff told us that they were sorry to see us go … and you know, I think this is the first hotel I ever stayed at where I heard these words and had no doubt that they actually meant what they said! If you are considering a trip to Acadia and Bar Harbor (and you should … simply beautiful) do yourself a favor and stay at the Bayview!

Tops in Bar Harbor

by TripAdvisor Member grogers913

Simply put, the Bayview is absolutely outstanding.

From the top. The hotel was easy to find and had adequate parking. A friendly staffmember greating you at the door was a nice touch. Check-in was a breeze. The room was perfectly maintained and impeccably clean. It’s hard to find a cleaner or better maintained room – anywhere.

Restful, quiet stay with the sounds of Frenchman’s Bay lulling you to sleep. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a superb selection, wonderfully presented. The little lounge was pleasant and well stocked.

The staff --- what can I say, they were professional, efficient, super-friendly, and extremely helpful. Our airline lost our luggage and did not get it to the hotel until AFTER we checked out. The Bayview called our cell and arranged for our luggage to be shipped to our home. Lord knows where the luggage would be if it wasn't for the Bayview staff. If it wasn't for the Bayview, our vacation would have been a total ruin.

We’ve traveled all over the World and it’s hard to find a better stay or a better bargain. Travellers to Bar Harbor should consider the Bayview first.

Gary Rogers