88 Grandview Avenue, PO Box 237, Boothbay Harbor, Maine, 04538, United States
Orbitz.com Tingo.com Booking.com

More about Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa

Spruce Point Inn

by luv2learn about Spruce Point Inn

The cottage we stayed in cost @$350/night. Despite the name, this is more of an all-inclusive resort with 2 swimming pools, tennis courts, fine dining and beautiful views of the ocean.

GREAT SIGNSGREAT SIGNS

Tall ship coming into HarborTall ship coming into Harbor

Boothbay Harbor, Maine

by gelsey

I'm planning a trip to Boothbay Harbor, Maine this summer-mainly to go on the Puffin cruise.
I will fly to Portland from NYC. Does anyone know how I could get from Portland to Boothbay Harbor? Is it absolutely necessary to have a car to get around? I'd prefer not to drive, but will if I have to. Thanks.
(Also, has anyone gone on the Puffin cruise?)

Re: Boothbay Harbor, Maine

by circetsui

Hi,
I hope it is not too late to reply. I went to Boothbay Harbor twice this year. In both ocassions, I rented a car from Boston and drive there. The amtrak only goes as far as Brunswick. I think driving is the only way. I didn't goes to a puffin cruise in Boothbay, instead I went to a lighthouse cruise. In Bar Habor though, I went to a puffin cruise with Bar Habor Whale watching co. and it was excellent. I stayed at the Pond House, Spruce Point Inn and Topside Inn in Boothbay. The Pond house was nice and good for budget traveler. The Topside was very nice but a little bit pricey. I won't recommend Spruce Point Inn though.

Good Luck
Circe

Re: Re: Boothbay Harbor, Maine

by jvanv8

You could catch a small plane to Bangor International Airport to cut 3+ hours off your drive (depending on the tourist traffic). Its another 45 min to Bar Harbor from Bangor.

If it were me, I'd bring a car. I don't like walking 50 miles + just to go to the store.

Re: Boothbay Harbor, Maine

by wlcollier

You really do need a car to see most of Maine. Train transportation is practically non-existent north of Portland, and buses are not frequent, either. I'd recommend that you rent a car in Portland and drive up I-295 to Brunswick, where you then pick up Route One. Continue north until you see the signs for Boothbay.

Driving in Maine is not difficult. The roads are uncomplicated and we're used to visitors on our roads. Tourists are most welcome here.

Comments