10 Water St, Brunswick, ME 04011

The Daniel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Worst Hotel Experience of my life!

Show Details FROM:Jennifer Sierra TO:pfire76@yahoo.com Message flagged Monday, August 6, 2012 9:08 PM Worst hotel experience of my life!
    My husband and I along with my in-laws had planned a week long trip to Maine that included two night stay at this hotel. We booked our room 3 mts in advance through a third party but made a change directly with the hotel a week in advance to arrive a day later and were assured there would be no problem. When it came time to check in we were told they had no record of the change and since they failed to change the arrival date we were charged for the room and told it was booked to someone else. The hotel was sold out due to it being one of the busiest weekends. Holly, at the front desk said since there was no record there was nothing they could do. They pretty much put us out on the curb and sent us to the Hampton Inn in the town of Bath. I asked to speak to a supervisor about a refund I was told no one was available because the booking manager was out camping and the GM was unavailable. Holly said someone can call me in five days. I was disappointed and we were inconveniencing our family because we only had one car rental for the week. My husband demanded to have the issue resolved and finally about an hour later Holly spoke to the clerk that changed our reservation back to the original date after I had made the change and was assured it would be no problem. Since they verified it was their error they did pay for our stay at the Hampton Inn. We specifically planned Daniel Stone because it was unique to the area and unfortunately that experience was taken from us. I will say that the Hampton Inn was wonderful and located on the river in the quaint town of Bath not far away. It was spotless and the service was wonderful. I would not recommend Daniel Stone, they seem to be very unorganized and lacking in customer service. They ruined what would have been a perfect trip. Had they researched the error from the beginning instead of Implying that I never called it would have saved a lot of heartache and stress.

This hotel is clearly unorganzied and I would not recommend this hotel if you want the peace of mind of actually having a room available at check in.

Comments