Grey Havens

TempNomad's Profile Photo

Pricey, beautiful, relaxing

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2004

It was a peaceful place to stay. No television, no phone, no noises. (Well, few anyway.) We read, played backgammon, watched the ocean from our window, relaxed on the porch, and wanted to use the canoe, but didn't because of the mosquitoes and weather.

The breakfasts are wonderful, and while the rooms aren't very space conscious, there is a large common area with books and games and a house phone for reservations. It was a very comfortable environment. (see my comment below)

Unique Quality: It has lovely rooms wth fantastic views. We stayed in a "turret" room facing the ocean. You're really paying for the views, so the ocean is a must. The non-view rooms can be a bit less expensive, but not so much.

One caveat, it's definitely a staid place. I felt a little like I didn't belong to a club in residence there. It may have been the days we were there, but I felt like I should have been at the kids' table. The staff was very helpful and friendly, but some of the guests were a bit too snobbish for my liking. That makes me a snob as well, I suppose.

Directions: Once you are on the Island, take a right down Seguinland Road. It's on your left. You can also follow the signs to Reid State Park. The inn is on the way.

Nearby Grey Havens

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Georgetown Travel Forum

Need advice about Georgetown, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Georgetown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Georgetown Travel Guide