Captain Fairfield Inn

Corner of Pleasant and Green Streets, Kennebunkport, Maine, 04046, United States
Jetsetter.com

More about Captain Fairfield Inn

Fell in love with the Captain Fairfield Inn

We stayed at The Captain Fairfield Inn during the winter and absolutely fell in love with it! The innkeepers, Leigh & Rob, could not have been more gracious and inviting. The inn was warm and cozy, and the linens were to die for!! Breakfasts were fantastic, I even walked away with a few recipes! Leigh and Rob set up massages for us at a nearby spa - wonderfully relaxing. We loved it so much that we are planning a return trip in the fall. We just know that The Captain Fairfield Inn is a place we'll keep going back to for years to come.

Perfect for the in-laws

by TripAdvisor Member Polmsted

My girlfriend and I recentely spent an October weekend at the Captain Fairfield Inn with her parents, and it couldn't have been a more pleasurable time. To top it off, my parents, who live in the area, were also able to spend a night at the inn. The atmosphere was perfect for both sets of parents. It was only the second time they had met, and they hit it off. As the fire crackled in the gathering room, the conversation was light and there was never an awkward moment between our parents. The inkeepers, Leigh and Rob, were extrememly hospitable, and not only prepared a delicious four course breakfast in the morning, but made sure that everyone was content throughout the day. My girlfriend and I look forward to going back by ourselves, because we immediately recognized what a romantic place the Captain Fairfield Inn is. Thanks to Leigh and Rob and thier wonderful hospitality, the ice was broken and I imagine our parents will become good friends.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member DG1977

My husband and I stayed at the Captain Fairfield Inn shortly after X-mas. We had a wonderful stay. Rob and Leigh are very kind. Their Inn is great. Our room was perfect and clean. I loved the Aveda shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion - good touch! The common room w/the port wine is very comfortable and warm.
We thought the packages were very economical. The best part of the stay was the 4 course breakfast!!

We definitely will visit the inn again!

Wonderful Holiday in Kennebunkport

by TripAdvisor Member DEE95

My husband and I visited Kennebunkport over Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Captain Fairfield Inn and we were treated royally. Leigh and Rob did many things to make our Thanksgiving special. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and Leigh and Rob had set out cheese and wine for us. We enjoyed talking by the fire in the living room with other guests and enjoyed a late night glass of port.
The breakfast we enjoyed each day was delicious and festive (pumpkin pancakes)! On Thursday, after we had Thanksgiving dinner at a local restaurant we were welcomed back to the Captain Fairfield with homemade pastries and coffee. After dessert, we along with four other couples joined in the family room to talk and play board games. My husband and I cannot wait to return!!

Absolutely Fabulous!

We loved the Captain Fairfield Inn, where we stayed for our honeymoon. The innkeepers were lovely and friendly. The room (we stayed in the Library) was beautifully decorated and luxurious, including a fireplace, jacuzzi tub, wonderful sheets on the bed and a porch. We loved the fact that the inn had a very traditional feel to it, but also had a small flat screen TV in it (tucked away) in case you were missing an important football game! It was also wireless enabled. The food was fantastic, down to the cookies on the our first afternoon and the spectacular banana bread on the second. The innkeepers have great suggestions for dining out. We loved our stay and plan to make it an annual occasion. We highly recommned it (especially since the prices are also fairly reasonable compared to other places in K'port).

Wonderful Anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member cornbread35

We spent wonderful night at the Captain Fairfield Inn as a small celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Kennebunkport Room, which is a corner room on the second floor. Very cozy, quiet and comfortable. The gas fireplace and decor was just what we were looking for. The owners, Rob and Leigh have done a great job. Dinner at "On the Marsh" in Kennebunkport was also fabulous! Ask for the Alcove Table. Nice little quiet nook. There are not many places left where you can dress up for an evening out and not feel overdressed, now that everything is so casual. On the Marsh is an exception to this rule. The live piano music added to our evening too. Back at the Inn, breakfast is not to be missed. From the initial offering of poached pear to the 72 layer (do they really count?) cream cheese bisquits everything was super. Just a final note if traveling the Kennebunkport this time of year. After Christmas many of the shops and restuarants close. On the plus side, the ones that were open had some great deals from 30-50% off and we picked up some nice items.

Cozy and Calm in Rain or Snow

If you want to see the sights of Kennebunkport - beware! You may never leave the comfort of your room. The Captain Fairfield was a perfect impromptu weekend get-away for two very tired parents. You won't care if it rains and snows (like it did for us) - this inn is a destination in and of itself.

We loved the authentic colonial rooms in the original portion of the house and decided on the Captain Fairfield room, although the Library was "classier" with a beautiful spa bathroom. We loved our room: light yet cozy with lots of long windows, built-in bookcase around a gas fireplace (didn't realize they actually kicked off considerable heat!), a comfy sofa, and a gorgeous bed with soft linens and a memory foam bed - heavenly. The cream linens, dark furniture, red Persian rugs - soothing to the eyes! The bathrooms in most of the rooms seemed a little dated but our bathroom met all our needs. We loved the strong massage shower and I enjoyed relaxing in the antique tub (I'm 5'2"). There's little floor space, so this is not a room for kids, but perfect for a couple that wants to nestle. And modern amenities were discrete yet available - like the HDTV flat screen TV, warm drinks and cookies in the pantry area to take up to your room, and so on.

The entire inn was lovely, lovely, lovely. The common room could do with another comfy sofa so that you can relax directly next to the fire, but that might limit some people's wish for personal space. The room itself with the wood fire, sofa and chairs, art work, portrait of Capt. Fairfield (fascinating story - see website) and basket of menus and magazines made it another place where we loved to linger.

What else can I say? Rob and Leigh, the inkeepers were perfect hosts and so much fun to talk to that we worried we were gobbling up their time. All the other guests were equally friendly. The breakfast was top notch and made the feeling of luxury complete. Rob and Leigh gave us great tips for food, a map for sight-seeing and also made us breakfast when we somehow overslept.

We also didn't know it until we came (first time to the area) but the location is great. The inn is in easy walking distance of downtown (ha ha) Kennebunkport, but in the middle of a 3-by-3 street square area of historic captain homes. When we peeked out our window in the morning, we saw people walking their dogs. At night we still thought we heard the surf and the wind. I see that the Captain Lord Mansion next door was also highly rated. We liked the look inside but the price matched the ornateness. The Captain Fairfield was - for us - the perfect balance of cozy intimacy and luxury. While I wouldn't come back for the town (sweet but surely a zoo in the summer), I hope to revisit the Captain Fairfield for another escape. As I hear my kids racing around, there's a part of me that wishes I was there still....

Fresh cookies!

Every afternoon, a plate of fresh cookies. Add to that: shady chairs in the garden, port decanting in the livingroom, an irresistable dog, the friendliest young innkeepers imaginable - who know all the neatest spots in town. We spent every night dining out at their yummy recommendations to return to fresh, soft sheets and Aveda soaps and lotions. Every morning the whole inn smelled like Leigh and Rob's homemade 4-course breakfast. It was the perfect combination of sandy beach vacation, cozy nights, good eats, and great company.

Hip Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pitbull212

This place is a perfect getaway for young couples. My wife and I went for the weekend after valentine's day. The food was fabulous (especially the crepes - yum!). The Inn is a blend of a hip boutique hotel with trop grade bed linnen and flat pannel TV's (with a full DVD library should you decide to stay in) mixed with a quaint Maine B&B. It was perfect luxury, and with so few rooms it felt homey as well.

Captain Fairfield, Kennebunkport

Looking forward to our 4th visit there in September. We have covered all the seasons now and it is our idea of heaven on earth, very quiet, but WONDERFUL!!!!

The Captain Fairfield is a fabulous place to stay. Again, very quiet, but we have heard that tv's have been installed in some rooms which will make it better on an evening (especially in the winter when the nights close in early.) The Blood family are young and full of energy and take the greatest of care of each and every person staying there - we cannot wait to go back.

MAGIC!!!!!!!!
BTW the Omni in Boston rocks too - we always stay there - and Houstons (just round the corner) is the only place on earth to enjoy a Cosmo!!!!!! Fabulous!!!

SHOP TIL YOU DROPSHOP TIL YOU DROP

ON THE STREETON THE STREET

Cape Porpoise Fishing BoatsCape Porpoise Fishing Boats

Bush summer homeBush summer home

Comments