Captain Lord Mansion

KarenandCory's Profile Photo

The Captain's Garden House: Lois Room

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 25, 2007

Located behind The Captain Lord Mansion is the intimate 4-guestroom mini B&B, The Captain's Garden House. Just as luxurious and romantic as the CLM but with an added peaceful serenity. Each of the 4 guestrooms are exquisitely decorated and include 4-poster beds, cozy gas fireplaces, and heated bathroom floor. Although the Lois room's floor wasn't heating for us during our stay.
Rooms come complete with a selection of romantic and easy-listening CDs, a variety of books (including several Christain titles) to read, and games such as Dominoes.

A three course breakfast is served at 9am every morning. Complimentary snacks, soda, water, self serve coffee, tea, and a yummy hot cider drink called Glogg are available in the kitchen.
In warmer months you can enjoy lounging in the wicker chairs out on the porch.

KarenandCory's Profile Photo

The Captain Lord Mansion

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 11, 2006

The Captain Lord Mansion is a gorgeous bed & breakfast located in Kennebunkport. Each room is uniquely decorated, fabulously detailed, and immaculate. We stayed in the Dana room where we literally had to climb into the four poster bed (ladder is provided). My favorite features of the room were the fireplace, Jacuzzi, and the odd looking sea horse hanging on the wall. We were celebrating Cory’s birthday and our Anniversary and the innkeepers, Bev & Rick, graciously provided us with champagne and chocolates.
I read many past guest entries in the several memory books which were in the room. The memory books spanned about 10 years and were full of guest’s impressions of the mansion and narratives of their visits. I was amazed of how many people from all over the world have stayed at the inn 10 – 20+ times. Although I loved every moment of my stay here, I feel compelled to comment on all the lavish praise past guests have given the staff. Personally, we had no contact with the owners, Bev & Rick, and did not feel any warmth or receive special treatment from the staff at all. I can’t imagine being the only one to feel this way and wondered several times during my trip if any negative mention was taken out of the memory books. The only time we bothered the staff with a question (if they knew of movie theaters in the area with more of one showing of each movie a day) we received a dismissive response of “go check the board”.
Breakfasts are served at set seating times and since this is a Bed & Breakfast, you will be sitting with others. The breakfasts are quite good and I enjoyed sitting with the other guests, but again there was really no welcoming feeling.
All the guests we saw were couples, no single people or families. I don’t think I would have enjoyed myself as much if I were a single traveler.
The guests were a mix of young and old. Overall, everybody was very friendly. However, the regulars seemed to be of the wealthy sort and there was a lot of unnecessary bragging about jobs and lifestyles.

Unique Quality: Jacuzzi, Heated bath floors, Gas burning fireplaces

CD player with romantic cds, Free bottled water and sodas

honeymoon, birthday or anniversary champagne

Memory garden: I would love to stay here again someday but I don’t think I’ll make the 10 or more visits to get a brick with my name on it in the Memory Garden.

Memory books

Nearby Captain Lord Mansion

Captain Lord Mansion

• Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport

Address: 6 Pleasant Street, (P.O. Box 800), Kennebunkport, Maine, 04046-0800, United States

10 Photos of Captain Lord Mansion

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kennebunkport Travel Forum

Need advice about Kennebunkport, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Kennebunkport and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kennebunkport hotel reviews

White Barn Inn
Cape Arundel Inn
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Kennebunkport
An eclectic collection of "stuff"
LOCAL SEAFOOD STAND
Rock you like a Hurricane
The President's summer home
Side trip to York Beach
Things to Do
signs signs everywhere a sign
Cape Porpoise
Eat with the President
Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Delicious Maine lobster in Kennbunkport
Restaurants
Say hello to George and Barbara.....
Great breakfast!
Restaurants
Take a break from the beach
My Favorite Slice of Blueberry Pie
An alternative to lobster
Mary's Cookies
Favorites
You'll need something to read by your fireplace!
Great Clam Chowder
Personal Personal Personalizing
Another interesting gallery in Kennebunkport
Shopping
A good collection of Christmas items and candles
Shopping
Wine and cheese without the need for a bank loan
Shopping
Another unique gift shop item
Favorites
Nice collection of items, some even a bit unique
A varied collection, including crystal & Hummels
Shopping
Another quality gift and knick-knack shop!
Shopping
Go upstairs for crafts and pottery
Shopping
Get your Irish fix in Kennebunkport, too....
Shopping
Very nice selections of pottery items