Maine Stay Inn and Cottages at the Melville Walker House

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Maine Stay Inn and Cottages at the Melville Walker House

Fit for a King and Queen

by TripAdvisor Member ConnecticutLucy

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Maine Stay Inn to celebrate my 51st birthday. It was planned as a surprise, and I could not have been more pleased. Judi and Walter Hauer were wonderful innkeepers and made sure our stay with them was perfect in every way. Judi even helped my husband arrange for a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to greet me when I entered our cottage suite! The cottage suite was plush and comfortable, and a perfect place to relax. A full, delicious breakfast was delivered to us each morning which we ate by the cozy fire. It was wonderful! With this much pampering, who wants to leave....but all good things have to come to an end....until the next time!!!

this couple deserve to be successful

by TripAdvisor Member siralex1

Stayed here for 2 nights in j
June 2009. It really rates as one of the best B&B's we have stayed in, anywhere in the USA. In business for just over a year, Judi and Walter deserve to be successful as they provide highly attentive customer service in a spotlessly clean accomodation.Their standards are maintained by their daughter and friendly staff. The two restaurant recommendations they gave us were also very good.
Cannot praise this place too highly. It's a GEM.

This is one beautiful Inn to stay in

by TripAdvisor Member maryjOrmondBeach

I gave my two granddaughters a trip to Kennebunkport for their graduation gifts. The Maine Stay Inn is more than I can say. The Inn itself is beautiful, the grounds are well kept, the homemade breakfasts were delicious and the cabin was immaculate. The Inn keepers were very interested in our comforts and explained the history of this Captains Home. They were very informative as to sights to see, offered suggestions of the various restaurants in the area and what they had to offer. I would highly recommend The Maine Stay Inn to anyone. We left wanting to stay longer.

Great B & B, Great location to town

by TripAdvisor Member Jwilkins23

Very nice people run a very nice B & B. Cottage 5 was immaculate. The only negative comment is that the bathroom was smaller than any pictures showed. It was nice to have a little kitchenette for our cheese and cracker and wine time.
Nice quiet neighborhood. Easy to walk to downtown, and to the library. Longer walk to St. Ann's church and Walker Point, but definitely doable.

Absolutely Wonderful Place To Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member daisy4bee

Our stay at the Maine Stay was truly wonderful. The staff was warm and friendly. Julie and Walter really made us feel at home. We enjoyed their scrumptous breakfast which was brought to our cottage every morning in a basket nice and warm. The room was immaculate and we had all the ammenities we needed for 3 adults and an 18 month old baby. My daughter, mother and myself really enjoyed the tea and coffee with warm fresh baked cookies Walter and Julie would have for us each afternoon. We were really sad to leave and are already planning our next stay at the Maine Stay.

A relaxing, quiet and tasty stay at a beautiful New England B&B.

by TripAdvisor Member Lobsterland

This B&B has become our " main stay " in Kennebunkport. It is a wonderful inn run by innkeepers and a staff who care. When you arrive all want to help you enjoy your stay and not just present your key and announce breakfast time. Judi and Walter will ensure your time is relaxing and informative without being intrusive. Breakfasts are innovative and help you to start your day with a smile. Give the Maine Stay a try. You will be more than pleased at this wonderful New England B&B.

Our new favorite place to stay in Kennebunkport

by TripAdvisor Member NEtravelersNewYork

My husband & I have traveled to Maine numerous times and have stayed in a number of B&B's. The Maine Stay Inn, is by far the nicest B&B's we have stayed at. The innkeeper's, Judi & Walter really wanted you to enjoy your stay. They do go out of their way to make sure they accomodate your every need. The breakfasts were the best we have ever had at a B&B. You can tell that they take pride in serving you and keeping the Inn immaculate for you. We stayed in a cottage that was very comfortable with kitchen set up,bathrobes, fireplace and comfy bed. We especially liked that we could walk into town from the inn. This is the place we are always going to stay from now on. P&P from Poughquag, NY

Warm and Inviting!!Maine Stay is the place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member smoyles77

Could not have had a better experience. Big smiles upon arrival from both Judi and Walter, the innkeepers.
Stayed in one of the cottages and it was perfect. Personal touches like chocolates and bottled water really make a differece. It was cozy, nicely decorated and SPOTLESS!!!
Loved having the opition of having breakfast in your room, both my mother , who I was traveling with, and I are not morning people, so that was very relaxing and the food was delicious!
Helpful, courteous and comfortable, would go back in a heartbeat!

A nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member literatekate

The cottages are a nice place to stay; the inn seemed claustrophic if you were staying in one of those rooms. The elegance of the place seems reserved for the inn; cottages were nice but certainly not elegant or appointed with latest amenties. Bathroom was small and although owners suggested re-using towels to save water, there was no place to hang the wet towels other than on top of clean dry towels. Coffee maker provided with all fixings except powdered cream which would have helped those of us who like cream in our coffee. I was not that impressed by the breakfasts which have gotten rave reviews.

Time well spent on a great, relaxing getaway

by TripAdvisor Member CamperFamily09

My wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary together over a long weekend at the Maine Stay Inn on the recommendation of a co-worker who had stayed there several times. Judy was very welcoming and made us feel right at home. And thus began our newfound love affair with Kennebunkport! Our expectations were met or exceeded in every way from the inn to the town and everything else we saw during our time there. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend on the coast of Maine.

Map of the Kennebunnkport town areaMap of the Kennebunnkport town area

SHOPS ALONG THE STREETSHOPS ALONG THE STREET