Bayberry House Bed & Breakfast

106 Townsend Ave, (formerly Lion d'Or), Boothbay Harbor, Maine, 04538, United States

More about Bayberry House Bed & Breakfast

Loved the Bayberry!

by TripAdvisor Member RDM2008

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Bayberry Inn. The house is beautiful and comfortable and our room was nicely decorated. The innkeepers, Ted and Tim, renovated the building within the last year and their attention to detail is evident everywhere.

Traveling with my mother, who is 88 years old, we stayed in the first floor suite called the Wedgewood, as we needed to avoid stairs. It is a delightful 2 room suite with a deluxe queen bed in the bedroom and a love-seat that converts to a twin sleeper in the adjoining sitting room. The sitting room has a gas fireplace and both rooms have new flat panel TVs. The bathroom is also new and nicely furnished.

Ted and Tim are warm and outgoing hosts. Their breakfast is a big meal served in their dining room adjacent to an open and deluxe kitchen. Both hosts are generous with their local insight , friendly and outgoing. They seem to sincerely enjoy their roles.

Overall, The Bayberry Inn reflects a nice mix of old and new. The accommodations are lovely, the food is great and the hospitality is sincere. I felt like I was visiting old friends. I can't wait to return.

One of the Best

by TripAdvisor Member Volkswalker

Agree with all the positive comments stated in previous reviews. Especially liked the little touches such as having two recliners in our room, HDTV, quiet heating/AC. Ted & Tim are great hosts and provide a delicious breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Doesn't Get Any Better!!!

by TripAdvisor Member twhartenby

First time to Maine on pleasure and really enjoyed our week long stay at the Bayberry House B & B, and Boothbay Harbor.We enjoyed the Boothbay eateries so much I believe we had lobster at least one meal every day and sometimes twice a day, obviously forgetting our diets. Ted and Tim are outstanding innkeepers who go out of their way to really make the Bayberry House experience a special one.
They are full of great ideas about things to do and places to go in Maine and the nearby area.Don't hesitate to ask for restaurant recommendations as they are full of good ideas and will make reservations for you.I can't imagine any B&B providing better or more creative breakfasts, and we have stayed in quite a few B & B's around the world.
They even went so far as to arrange a special parade of antique firefighting equipment right out in front of the Bayberry House. Have to admire their connections to pull that off!
They have renovated and refurbished the B & B since acquiring it earlier this year, and you couldn't ask for more or better amenities and furnishings, and pleasant surroundings. This was the first time we slept on a "sleep number" bed, and it was so comfortable, we will buy one as our next replacement mattress set.
So, our personal thanks to Innkeepers Extraordinaire Ted and Tim. We'll be back in the spring!

Remote controlled fire

by TripAdvisor Member pilgrim51

Bayberry House is beautiful - and tastefully decorated in Wedgewood colours. Its situated in an attractive street- which is a short walk from the centre of Boothbay Harbor. We were there in late October so it was quiet. Each window of the Bayberry has an electric candle which was welcoming at night.
Our room was very comfortable and I loved the remote controlled gas "woodburner". Ted and Tim seem to have thought of everything to make your stay perfect. The apple and cinnamon pancakes for breakfast were delicious.

winter warmth and hospitality at it's best!

by TripAdvisor Member Manhattan55

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for the nignt and found this hidden treasure in boothbay!
Our hosts were the ultimate caretakers, from their welcoming hello to their five star service with a gourmet breakfast to include their secret recipe freshly baked scones, juices and apple pancakes. we could have moved in permanenty!
The rooms are elegantly appointed with every detail well thought out. Being a very descerning guest, I could not say enough praise towards our stay at this fabulous Inn. We highly recommend staying at the bayberry house on your visit to Boothbay!

Bed, Breakfast, & Friends

by TripAdvisor Member pickenspilot

Physically gorgeous renovated old home on the main street of Boothbay Harbor. I recall the building from my childhood in Boothbay in the 40s. The finish work and sanded original hard wood floors are all just beautiful The new furniture, rugs, paintings, etc are also great. The breakfast is prepared to suit the individual (yes, individual) preference of each guest and all were perfect, except for being much more than I could consume.
Convenient walking distance to waterfront, restaurants and shops.
Dedicated parking right at the front door. Ample sized and easy in/out access.
The only negative I can share is that the entry way is narrow and takes a bit of getting used to to not feel cramped. By the second day it feels natural and works well.
HOWEVER, the biggest plus about Bayberry is the guys who run it, not the place itself. Tim & Ted are like new friends rather than innkeepers. Fun and interesting to share a visit with, and also sensitive to one's privacy needs.

Deserves to be #1 in Boothbay!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelswithlabs

I booked a room at the Bayberry House for my daughter, for 4 nights over Thanksgiving, and another 4 nights for Christmas.
We have had friends and family stay at various properties in Boothbay Harbor over the years, and this is by far the #1 place that we have seen. We will recommend it to all our guests in the future. To list what makes it great...
The rooms are very well appointed, most with a gas fireplace, and mini-fridge, and wing-back reclining chairs.
The hosts really make the place. They welcome you, and make you feel at home right away. Ted and Tim invited us to have breakfast with my daughter on the last day of her stay, and the meal was fantastic! Fruit salad, scones, and spiced apple pancakes along with juice and coffee, could not be better.
If you do not have your heart set on staying on the waterfront, this is the best place in town. The amenities and attention to detail make up for being on a street that is a 3 minute walk to the waterfront. This is a real deal!

A friendly beacon in the night

by TripAdvisor Member nelemanuele

We arrived in Boothbay Harbor in the evening in the very low season for one night and we found this beautiful B & B year round open and recently renovated: Very nice rooms with the best bed we slept in our holiday in the U.S., a beautifull lounge and a spectacular super-equipped kitchen.
The plus: the kindness of the owners that also filled us with advice, information and maps on places to visit.

Perfection, Hospitality, and Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member AnnaCPortland

The owners of this lovely bed and breakfast are all about hospitality and perfection. The place is spotless, yet comfortable. The breakfast was homemade, yet grand in terms of its substance and style. The bedroom was modern, yet had a touch of class from another era. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

A jewel of a Bed and Breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member Fabricus

Tim and Ted are gracious hosts who have put together a spotless,
charming Bed and Breakfast. I suffer from allergies but felt symptom
free in the immaculate rooms.All rooms are done in good taste,each
painted a different color.The kitchen is open and clean and we had a full breakfast which was excellent. My husband and I had a wonderful stay
and would gladly go back.

Comments