Katahdin Cabins

169 Medway Road, Millinocket, Maine, 04462, United States
Orbitz.com AMOMA.com

More about Millinocket

Beth and I saying good byeBeth and I saying good bye

My wife and I starting our hike.My wife and I starting our hike.

Taken about 3/4 the way upTaken about 3/4 the way up

Mt. KatahdinMt. Katahdin

Travel Tips for Millinocket

Planning to hike Katahdin?

by jackfruit

This website has everything you need to plan your hike -
http://americasroof.com/me.shtml Although challenging all the way, from getting into the park early enough to be allowed to hike to the summit to actually undertaking the hike, this is an excellent hike! One of the best in New England!

Packing List

by kfander

If camping at Baxter State Park, or hiking the Appalachian Trail, bring something rugged. If you don't already have what you need, Ames is your best bet in Millinocket. You'll find Ames on 157, also known as Central Avenue. Bring something rugged, and appropriate for the season. If you need anything, Ames will be your best choice. IGA, Shop and Save, or Rite-Aid; all very near to one another, on 157 (Central). IGA, Shop and Save, Rite Aid, or Ames will all have disposable cameras or film. Ames is the only one likely to have non-disposable cameras or other photographic supplies. Ames is your best choice, although True Value Hardware on Aroostook Avenue also carries outdoor supplies.

BEAUTY EVERYWHERE THE EYE CAN SEE

by moiraistyx

"BETH'S HOMETOWN"

Millinocket, Maine is a small town in northern Maine. It is filled with friendly people, small shops and restaurants serving great seafood. My only reason to visit here was to provide emotional support for my best freind Beth, who was pregnant at the time with my god daughter, Vanessa. We spent our weekend out at their cabin enjoying great food and good company.

Millinocket

by marcoparco

"Where the hell am I??????"

It's one small town in the State of Maine. Stayed two nights camping in Millinocket. Was there to go white water rafting! Amazing experience! I can't wait to do it again

The trip all started with me and my dad driving to Main from New-Brunswick. That was an adventure on its own considering we were driving a unreliable 1991 Corsica (Don't ask me why we took this car since we had a fairly new Saturn sitting in our driveway as well...???). However it did add to the adventure. We kept wondering if the next mile would be our last. Turned out the beater lasted the trip without any problems. We sold it shortly after.

We arrived in the afternoon and set our tent at the Baxter National Park (we had reserved a few nights before). We enjoyed a nice camp fire that night and just tried to relax.
Early morning came (and i mean early....I think it was 6am) and we were on our way to North Country Rivers. I remember it was one heck of a place to find!!! Thank god we had printed of a map!

We arrived at their base camp all (my dads group from work) a tad nervous. After all, throwing yourself down a ragging river in a big rubber thing is kinda dangerous! We fitted our gear, got the crash course and we were ready to go!

All with our white skull caps we piled into this 1960's bus. What in the heck!!!!!! Yup, another surprise! The river was approximately a 30 min. drive from the base camp. That drive proved to be a heck of a lot of fun! We sang, yelled and shared stories. We finally arrived at our departure spot! It was time!

"The River"

We all piled in our raft and we were finaly off down the river (Penobscot)!!! Wow this wasn't do bad...We first just glided for the first ten minutes. I was wondering....hmmmmm they call this whitewater rafting????? Little did Iknow what was wating up ahead!!!!!! We came around a small turn and hit a 6-8 foot drop! What an introduction to whitewater!!!! I believe we were one of the lucky rafts as we were able to keep it together and not flip! The morning was filled with more fine white waterand then it was time for lunch....Included in our deal was a steak lunch served beside the river. It was a great way to enjoy nature and listen to some terrifying stories from the guides and rafting veterans! The afternoon was spent ridding class 4 and 5 whitewater. What a rush! It was to say the least and amazing experience and adventure!

KFAnder: Millinocket, Maine

by kfander

I moved to Millinocket, Maine in April of 2001. Millinocket is a mill town, built in large part by Great Northern Paper Company, an industry very much in decline. My wife and I are fortunate to be able to earn our living online, as this is a beautiful place to live, but one with few employment opportunities.

Comments