Admiral's Inn Bed and Breakfast

87 - 95 Main Street, P.O. Box 388, Ogunquit, Maine, 03907, United States

Admiral's Inn
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Clean and Comfortbale

I stayed at the Admirals Inn for a weekend in september and i have to i was surpised by how much i enjoyed my time there. We were checked in by a young Scottish guy who gave us a map and gave us some excellent recommendations on were to eat in town.

The room was in the adults only building and it was clean and extremley quiet, ideal for a relaxing weekend away.

The property itself is very centrally located with the centre of town only a 5 minute walk away and the beach was under 10mins away. It was great just to park the car and be able to walk everywere!

I have to say i had a wonderful time in Ogunquit and a great time at the Admirals Inn, i cant wait to go back again next year!

Unique Quality: 2 outdoor pools
    2 Hot Tubs
    Gym
    Central location
    Fire Pit

Directions: Between the centre of town and the playhouse

More about Admiral's Inn Bed and Breakfast

Wonderful Hosts!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member expressmen

We decided to go up to Ogunquit kinda on a last minute whim. While the town is quiet, we had a great time at the Inn. The lounge is incredibly friendly and the hosts and guests were so much fun!!! I read the other reviews and I could not agree more. The location is just one block from the Marginal Way, and about a block to the club. We had a weekend package, which was great. We could see the renovations on the adjacent property and can't wait to be back!!!! 5 star service!!!

Fabulous Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member kiwicurtis1

I stayed here last minute with my partner and we absolutely loved it. The Innkeepers were great, very friendly and accomodating. They not only accept pets, but waived the fee for the dog for us. The room was very clean, they have a pool and a great hot tub. It is gay friendly and a very very short walk to the town center. I would absolutely recommend anyone to stay here.

"A+ " for the Admiral's Inn!!

by TripAdvisor Member bobanddorothy

We stayed in the brand new section of the Admiral's Inn. Gorgeous accomodations. Large comfortable room with wifi, flat panel tv, nicely furnished. Mark greeted us warmly and assisted our every need. We are from NY, and we travel a great deal. The Admiral's Inn was great. Mark even steered us to the best restaurants in town, and even made the reservations. Go to this hotel. The new section is motel style, two stories. The heated outdoor pool was great as it was very warm during our visit. Bob and Dorothy

An awful experience

by TripAdvisor Member dkandtm

We had a terrible stay in the new section of the inn. The a/c was so loud you couldn't here the television and it clicked on and off all night. The decking outside the rooms on the 2nd floor echoed all night with the footsteps of other guests accessing their rooms. The continental breakfast is not for the guests in the newer facility, only those who stay in the original inn. There were not cups or glasses in the room for brushing teeth, the drapes were partially off the hooks and they blew open with the a/c on allowing anyone passing your room to look in. We left after one day even though the rest of our stay was not refundable and the clerk at the desk wasn't even interested in why we were leaving early.

Absolutely Revolting

by TripAdvisor Member dellasaffy

I'm a travel writer, and I've stayed all over the world- from a yurt in Big Sur to one of the most luxurious hotels in the world in Istanbul. I didn't expect the Admiral's Inn in Ogunquit Maine to blow my high hotel standards out of the water, but I never expected what appeared to be roach traps in the room, or a kind of rudeness I've never experienced in ten years of journalism, from this property's staff.

My mother and I were a bit late to book in the Ogunquit area because I'd had an unexpected business trip in Boston (I live in Los Angeles.) We booked three weeks in advance and this property was one of the few available at that time in August. We didn't mind. We thought we'd be in Perkins Cove and didn't care how unglamorous our accomodations were. The picture on the website showed a grotty looking pool with a chain link fence. This wasn't quite our style, but we didn't care. We weren't there for the pool. We were there for our proximity to Perkins Cove. Turns out, we were a 20 minute walk from Perkins Cove.

When we arrived and realized we weren't in a cove or right near Marginal Way like we'd thought (based on descriptions in the hotel's website,) staff assured us that Perkins Cove was only a ten minute walk away. I'm a 5 time marathon runner and quite a fast walker and I can assure you, it's a solid 20 minute walk to Perkins Cove.

But, walking isn't what got us down. It's lovely to walk in the summer. It was the misrepresentation of the hotel that we felt we'd received, along with the eorbitant prices - and added onto the hoorifyingly rude treatment that really set us aback.
Without the rude treatment, we would merely have thought the managers of this establishment to be inexperienced.

Had we been paying sub-Motel 6 prices for this accomodation, we wouldn't have minded the sub-Motel 6 standards we experienced. But at over $200 per night in the middle of Maine (not Manhattan) we expected more than a towel per person, something other than one thin bar of soap for the body or the lone bottle of "conditioning shampoo" that my mother and I were to share, scratchy sheets and no bottled water or any other beverage other than the water afforded by the tap - that was offered into plastic cups by the sink.

The worst part of our experience was when we misplaced one of our sets of keys, and were treated like criminals. In fact, one of the not so kindly inkeepers actually threatened to call the police on us when we complained about the roach traps next to my bed. We hadn't balked at paying the $50 key replacement fee, but he seemed to interpret our disappointment with the hotel with a reulctance to pay the $50 key replacement fee. We were resigned to paying the key replacement fee. We were not resigned to being treated in such a horrific manner - in addition to paying over $500 (with taxes) to stay for two nights in an accomodation that was so far below our usual standards -anyone's usual standards - it was laughable.

We soon left after realizing that we were being treated in an unreasonable manner, not wanting to ruin our brief vacation any further. But it was a shame. Since I live in Los Angeles and my mother still lives in New England, we only get to see each other once or twice a year. The Admiral's Inn left a terrible taste in both our mouths for our very short bi-annual visit.

If you're looking for a place in Maine in August and there's nothing available but the Admiral's Inn (as what happened with us) I would seriously consider visiting another town to avoid the hostile, filthy environment at the Admiral's Inn. Are there any Motel 6's in Oguquit? Almost anywhere would do. I'm not a camping type of person and after this horrific experience - the worst in 9 years of travel writing - I'd rather sleep in the back of my car than revisit the blight on the bed and breakfast landscape that is the Admiral's Inn.

This is not a family friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member schong

The room of this hotel is great! The location is okay! A short walk to town and a long walk to beach and Perkin Cove. This is not a family friendly hotel and especially beware if you have kids.

Just Awful !

by TripAdvisor Member avidnyer1

What I thought would be a charming end of summer experience, turned out to be a miserable stay. This INN has added a detached,Hotel type unit, at the back of the grounds. I unfortunately was put up there. The rooms are big, but have no charm whatsoever. It could be any Motel 8 along the highway. The air conditioner would not work consistently, and turned on and off all night. The noise from the traffic on Route 1 was unbearable as the sound just echoed back to where the Hotel is. If youre staying on the first floor beware of the floor above you as you can hear everything-even the walking around. You pay more to stay in the hotel (40.00 more per night) because they say it's new. To add insult to injury you DON'T even get breakfast like the people staying at the inn-yet you're paying more. The heated pool they describe wasnt heated and was dirty. I was told when i checked in to please visit the in house cocktail room which would open at 8:30om that night. I got there at 9:00 pm and it was closed-unbelievable !

The only saving grace was that Mark, who checked me in,was very helpful and friendly. Since i paid two nights in advance when i checked in, he was willing to refund my 2nd nights stay as i was very unhappy with the accomodations and didnt want to stay the 2nd night. I hear that others have not been so lucky.

What surprises me the most is that Gay owners have built this additional unit with no taste or ammenities. I would think they would be a little more sensitive to the needs of their clientele. I guess greed got the best of them.

The 1 star i gave this Inn was for Mark, and only Mark

What a surprise

by TripAdvisor Member Shuttlebug71

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend and what a treat. While we did not have reservations (as this was a last minute trip) we noticed the great looking place in the center of town. When we entered we received a cheery greeting a reasonable rate. The pool was still open as was the bar and hot tub. The amenties were real and very well kept. The room itself was great. I even asked the owners for the name of the beds they used and they had the information right there for me! I even asked if they knew what color paint they used and within a minute, the other owner came out with the name of the paint. We will definately be back and will not stay anywhere else! 5 stars!!!

Disgusting!

by TripAdvisor Member HighStandards10

My husband and I decided to stay at The Admiral's Inn because it is "pet-friendly" and we were traveling with our dog. What they failed to mention to us when we made our reservation was that the only rooms that allow dogs are in the basement. And yes, they literally look like you are in someone's cellar! They are disgusting! One would assume the inn would have to be "pet-friendly" since animals are the only ones to actually stay in those rooms and not end up complaining to the mangement! Do yourself a favor and stay at The Gazebo Inn. It is also pet-friendly and it is clean and beautiful.

Comments