Gazebo Inn Ogunquit

572 Main Street, PO Box 668, Ogunquit, Maine, 03907, United States

• The Gazebo Inn is first class all the way.

My family and I have been staying summers in Ogunquit for nearly 25 years. I have either stay at or visited most of the hotels and inns in the town. This is not your average Inn and in my opinion this is a Resort. There is no question that this is the best place in town.
    From the minute we drove up we felt welcome. We were promptly greeted by Scott, one of the owners. He checked us in and then Peter the manager gave us a tour of the fantastic facility and all of its amenities.
    We were told that we could use their bar and the stemware at the bar as well. We had drinks and hors d'oeuvres in the Great Room and then took advantage of their in-house limo service. That’s when we met Charles. He has a great sense of humor and really made the ride fun. He drove us to both the Ogunquit Playhouse for a show and then out for dinner at MC in Perkins Cove.
    The following morning we enjoyed an amazing breakfast in the dining area (you have to try the scones).
    If you don’t care about friendly staff, large updated well-appointed spotless rooms, bar access for entertaining, private and central dining areas, great location, quite atmosphere, fantastic breakfast, satellite radio in the room, spa tub, fireplaces, balconies, amazing tile showers, DVD’s with your favorite movies, the best linens, comfortable beds, salt water pool and hot tub, beautiful grounds, internet access or available limo service. Maybe you can save $50.00 by staying somewhere else. As for us we plan to visit for many years to come.
    We feel like all the staff are our friends. When was the last time you said that about your hotel staff?
    Roger & Jane Veilleux
    Winslow, Maine

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Delightful B&B

I had all intentions of winging it as we drove up and down the Maine coast but I just couldn't do it and so the night before we left on the trip I booked this lovely B&B in Ogunquit which was ranked #1 on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad I did, we got the perfect accomodations for our needs, 2 bedrooms with a shared bath for $129+ tax for the one night. I think this would be a perfect place to stay to explore the southern Maine coast, I could have easily stayed here for several days and should I ever go back to Maine, I would absolutely stay here again. It's a very popular place so book well in advance!

It's walking distance from the Footbridge Beach and the shops in downtown or there is a trolley stop near the B&B where you can pick up a trolley to either one for $1.50.

Unique Quality: Check in is from 2pm-5pm unless previously arranged, we arrived a little before 5 pm and one of the owners, Scott, was there to greet us and show us around. Rooms 3 and 4 are rented out together and share a bathroom, I took Room #4, the smaller bedroom, which had a comfortable double bed. Robert took Room #3,the larger room, which was a lot more spacious and had a fireplace and a couple of chairs, both rooms had their own plasma screen TV, DVD/VCR, and air conditioner. Many of the rooms had jacuzzis and walk in steam rooms.

Our bathroom was shared between the two of us, plenty of hot water, big fluffy towels, shampoo, soap and lotion are provided.

Breakfast was served in a room off the kitchen or a lovely patio near the pool, it was a great way to start the day with waffles, hot spiced apples, yummy cranberry/white chocolate scones, sausage, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and orange juice. You are welcome to use the kitchen (except the stove) at any time and they have a refrigerator that you can use.

Although we didn't use it, there was a lovely pool area with a hot tub which is open May-September, the B&B is open year round.

Directions: Follow the directions on the website

More about Gazebo Inn Ogunquit

I'm in love with the GAZEBO INN

by TripAdvisor Member DebyH

I'm just back from my third stay at the Gazebo Inn and once again Scott & Bruce prove they are the KINGS of B & B's. The rooms are all tastefully appointed with antique beds, delicious linens and beddings that are so comfortable you hate to get up in the morning. Breakfasts are always wonderful and include the most delicious scones you will ever enjoy, fresh fruits, hot entrees, an array of delicious coffees, juices and yogurt. I thought I was in heaven !

This weekend was also a "Wine DInner Weekend" which included a wine & cheese reception as well as a catered dinner on Friday evening to enjoy the company of fellow guests and our hosts, Bruce and Scott.

Saturday brought us to enjoy Ogunquit, Perkins Cove and a visit to the local Monastary. The evenings Wine Dinner at Julies' Ristorante was just wonderful, enjoying the comradarie of fellow diners and the wine expert , a wonderful evening was enjoyed by all who attended.

I also love the fact that some of the attendees brought along their dogs, you didn't even know they were there! Nothing like being able to enjoy your pet and very fine lodging, such as you will find at the Gazebo Inn.

Inn owners Scott & Bruce are warm and caring and look to your every need, with fresh towels, wonderful hand made soaps in every room, mints, snacks and bottled water, cable TV an array of movies to choose from, VCR and/or DVD in every room. Ahhhh a little slice of heaven in Ogunquit Maine.

I have my reservations for two more wine dinners, (only because the rest were already booked) and can't tell you all how I look forward to returning again and again to enjoy the Gazebo Inn and
it's amenities as well as seeing my new friends Scott & Bruce.

Destination Wedding at the Gazebo Inn

by TripAdvisor Member AlmostDrumm

I was online searching for the perfect place to host my small destination Maine wedding when I came across the Gazebo Inn. I contacted the Inn via email, and then made a trip up to Maine to meet with Scott & Bruce and tour the Inn. The moment I shook hands with Scott I knew this was the place for us. They make you feel instantly at home. I was able to tour the beautiful rooms, along with the breakfast and outdoor areas. This place is simply fantastic!! My fiancee' and I have stayed at the Inn twice. Once in room #6 (the coziest room) and again in room #10 (the luxurious suite) - both times were fantastic. Each room provided a comfortable luxurious get away. The home cooked breakfast each morning was a perfect start to the day. You simply cannot find a better bed & breakfast than the Gazebo Inn. Everything you are looking for is straight through their doors. On top of that it's pet & children friendly..... nothing compares!!
Five Stars.......
Amy & Chris - Worcester MA

an Easter tradition!

by TripAdvisor Member FalmouthRector

I'd been coming to the Gazebo Inn on-and-off for twenty years and had always enjoyed it; but Scott and Bruce have taken hospitality to new heights. It has become my tradition now to come to the inn on Easter Sunday (after a LONG week--I'm in the clergy!) and to take three R&R days there... the combination of the owners' wonderful personalities and delightful senses of humor, the attention to the smallest detail that results in feeling luxuriously pampered (yet never going "over the top"), and the new friendships made with other guests over a sumptuous breakfast) all act as a restorative tonic. Luckily, I live close enough so that I can "pop down" even for a mid-week overnight for that "pause that refreshes", which I certainly plan to do this summer. Scott and Bruce, you guys are just the best: keep doing what you're doing, and doing it so well!

James
Falmouth, Maine

Died and Went to B n B Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member nsbirdie

We planned a small wedding at the Gazebo...found this place by accident...had the idea of getting married in a gazebo, did a search on-line and found this B n B in Ogunquit. We live in Nova Scotia but I grew up in MA and we used to go to Ogunquit as kids..lots of good memories so it felt that this was meant to be. From the start via e-mail, Scott organized everything - giving us a deal on rooms for the wedding party to helping with the justice of the peace, etc.
When we got there - in the middle of a season of floods and wind storms, he and Bruce made the whole event a reason to rejoice even ithough we never saw the sun the whole time! They were so excited for us that I felt we had additional family to celebrate with us...they made excellent restaurant suggestions, florist, pastry chef and even booked a couple's massage for us. They used their connections to make it a dream to remember! I cannot say enough about the B n B and the owners. (Oh yes, their stuffed French toast is heavenly)
We were so thrilled that we booked one of their off season Wine Weekends and are heading down for the last weekend in April 2007. We are excited to see Ogunquit and Scott and Bruce again! Don't miss staying here!

Great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member aimsTexas

My best friend and I stayed at the wonderful b&b to celebrate my recent college graduation. The room was the best I have ever stayed in. The inn keepers were kind and so helpful. The decor of this place was not too frilly but more European. The hot tub was working (unlike at some b&b's) even though the weather was cool. The food was great! My best friend had some food allergies, which were accommodated. The town shuts down around 6:30pm (be warned) and takes a very open mind.

Loved it!! Highly recommend!!

by TripAdvisor Member arielmm7

I can't say enough nice things about this wonderful place, we were lucky to have the opportunity to spend one night there on our way to Bar Harbor. We really wanted to stay longer, but we already had reservations in Bar Harbor and of course the room at the Gazebo wasn't available. Scott and Bruce make you feel at home and haven't missed a detail. The grounds are beautiful filled with colorful flowers. The beds have 600 count sheets and felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. Everything is high quality and very well maintained. We had Room 10 which had a kitchen and living room area and opened up to the pool area. The breakfast was delicious and there was a nice variety to satisfy just about anyone. This is a very peaceful comfortable place, it's just like being at home. Scott and Bruce are wonderful hosts and we truly enjoyed their company. Ogunquit is a quaint little town and we definitely will be back and of course we'll stay at the Gazebo Inn.

Terrific

by TripAdvisor Member calimerox

We are just back from 4 days staying at this Inn and it was terriffic the hosts Scott and Bruce gave us all the info needed to explore this area, the breakfast was excellent, the rooms are very comfortable and the facilities at the inn are better than you usual B&B by a long shot (swimming pool / hot tub/ LCD tv's / coffee and soft drinks on tap all day (free) / our room had a steam room and a jacuzi bath)
If we are back in Maine then we are back at the Gazebo

(One small thing to note (not a complaint) room 2 does get road noise from 6:30 am0

Back every year...

by TripAdvisor Member discomoto

My wife and I were married in Ogunquit in 2005 and the bulk of our family and wedding party stayed at the Gazebo. They were so accomodating. There's a beautiful pool area where we had a party and the breakfasts were to die for. The rooms were cozy and comfortable to be in. I had no complaints from anyone in my family. They even let us take over the dining room to get our wedding flowers ready for the big day.

Scott and Bruce are great hosts and we loved it so much, we've been back every year for our anniversary. I can't say enough good things about this place. I highly recommend staying there if you're ever in Ogunquit.

My home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member antoineworcester

I've stayed with my family in many inns in ogunquit throughout the years, most were fine but the GAZEBO INN is the only one that was warm and authentic. It is very clean, all rooms are confortable and the pool area is so relaxing.
The Innkeepers ( Scott & Bruce ) go out of their way to make you feel at home and a part of their family, I would highly recommend the Gazebo Inn and will return often.

Comments