74 South Main Street, Ogunquit, Maine, 03907, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• My New Favorite Place!

I recently spent a long weekend at the Meadowmere and I have to honestly say that I'm impressed. The hotel itself is very nice, with tons of amenities, and definitely in a great location, just a ten minute walk to the beach, downtown or to Perkins Cove (this is important because parking in Ogunquit is a killer). Our room was lovely, with a refrigerator, fireplace, private balcony and very nice toiletries. The outdoor pool is on the small side, but still nice, and we really enjoyed the Roman Spa after a day at the beach. Perhaps the coolest thing about this hotel though is that it's 100% eco-friendly. They use only biodegradable cleaning products; all of the guest rooms have recycle bins, and they recycle all of their paper plates and plastic silverware, too.

Unique Quality: The Meadowmere is in a great location and has a gym, a game room, a pub, and indoor and outdoor pools. They also show movies every night in their theatre free of charge.

Directions: Right off of Route One before you get to Ogunquit Center.

More about Meadowmere Resort

Loved Ogunquit! The Meadowmere was ok.

I got my introduction to Ogunquit last month, and I can't wait to go back! The Meadowmere, like many other hotels, is located within walking distance to everything. The traffic was quite heavy, so I'm fairly certain that walking around town was quicker than using a car.

The rooms at the Meadowmere were nice. Since we were with a wedding party we got to see a wide variety of accomodations, and there is quite a bit of variety. The hotel was built in several phases, so navigating on the hotel site (with a stroller) was a challenge. There was a pub on site and that proved as an excellent gathering point for the friends and family.

Areas that need improvement:

We have a one year-old and the Meadowmere has NO CRIBS! Dragging the Pack n Play from Nevada was not the thrill of my life.

The breakfast service was poorly planned. We had to stand in line outside the breakfast room until seating was available. When my husband went to ask the hostess how long the wait might be, he was told to "get back in line." She had no idea. Also, they will not allow any breakfast items out of the restaurant. If the restaurant is that crowded, you'd think they'd welcome someone willing to grab coffee and bagel and get out of there.

I did not use the pools. I have a policy of not swimming in a pool that I cannot see the bottom of -- much too cloudy.

That being said, I eagerly await my next trip to Ogunquit. I'll investigate other promising properties, especially the Ancorage. But if the Meadowmere is the best available, I'll happily go.

Meadowmere - not too bad!

by TripAdvisor Member jyyanks

We just came back from a 5 night vacation at the Meadowmere. I admit that I was a little hesitant to go because of some of the reviews I read on the site. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Since I booked rather late, I ended up with a room with 2 double beds. Not that ideal for a family of 4, especially one with an infant but we made do.

Here are my pros and cons
Pros
- free continental breakfast had a lot of choices and was well stocked
- Rooms were very clean
- Great amenities- indoor/outdoor pool,jacuzzi, gameroom, movie theater
- Walking distance to town (8 min), beach (14 min) and Marginal way (10min)
- friendly staff (though I will note from another review, most were not trained in hospitality but they were friendly nonetheless)
Cons
- The beds were not that comfortable (several people noted his and they were right)
- The indoor pool was VERY cold
- A little expensive for the room though that might just be the area
- The room I was in had no closets which I could have used since we were cramped and needed the space
- the room was on the small side

All in all, it wasn't so bad. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I might want to check out some of the places IN town on my next visit, just so I can compare. Hope this was helpful.

Luxurious Value

We just returned from a stay at the Meadowmere and were extremely delighted. Unlike most hotels in Ogunquit, the Meadowmere's capacity is quite large and can comfortably accomodate many guests. As a result, the costs are not as high as other resorts offering similar ameneties (just before peak season), however the end result is that guests benefit from a great Ogunquit experience without the excessive pricetag that usually comes with a smaller capacity establishment.

The grounds are well kept and there are 2 pools and 2 jacuzzis (1 indoor and 1 outdoor respectively). The fitness room and adjoining sauna and steamroom were a pleasant surprise and easily rivals any top notch fitness club (many locals have Gym membership there). The rooms were extremely clean and modern and the staff was extremely friendly. The expanded continental breakfast was good and plentiful and the game room / movie facilities were modern and well maintained. The lobby is cozy and very relaxing with free wireless Internet (not available in rooms but in the lobby only). A list of local restaurant menus was also available in the lobby and was a great reference point.

The guests ranged from couples to families and the resorts amenities catered to everyone.

The Meadowmere staff also have strict rules regarding pets and no room smoking. This ensures the resort remains clean and maintained but beware to smokers and pet owners!

The resort is a 10-15 minute walk to the beach and a 5-10 minute walk to the main downtown artery with restaurants/ shops and boutiques. It is also on the trolley line (which is not really needed if you are willing to walk the 15 minutes to the town centre / beaches). Although the resort is on route 1, the traffic noises are not noticeable in the rooms.

Overall the Meadowmere was a great surprise which merited this review. I read some of the below reviews before my trip and was a bit concerned over some of the "cautionairy" comments, but in the end the resort exceeded my expectations. It may be one of the larger resorts and hence more busy during peak seasons, but as a result guests benefit from 1st class ameneties at a reasonable price..this is the main advantage of the Meadowmere resort and we are already planning our next vacation there. I hope this review is helpful.

The best

by TripAdvisor Member Photographer_9

Whenever I go to Ogunquit, Maine which is quite often in a year (about 20-25 times a year), my stay at the Meadowmere is the absolute best and I've tried a lot of them....The inside pool, the spa, the fireplaces, the movie theater (yes, even that and that alone is worth a lot), the cleanlinest of the place and whether it's in winter or summer or any time in between, the place always looks gorgeous. The staff is the absolute best and it's only a few minutes walk to the beach, the stores or the restaurants plus transportation in and around Ogunquit with the Ogunquit Tram, stops at the door (in season).
All in all the Meadowmere is my ONLY place to stay in Ogunquit. Also, if you're a member of AARP, you get a discount. You'll never be disappointed at the Meadowmere.

Clean, Well Maintained & Friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Shantimer7

Our stay at the Meadowmere (we go every year) was great. The kids love the indoor pool and the staff is always friendly (they have great local suggestions). It was also nice to see room service added - especially since it can be tough to feed the kids in the restaurants. And as always the rooms are clean and well maintained - I actually think they've even redone the rooms since last year. Plan to return again- we love it!

I'll never return

Our first vacation at Meadowmere was OK, however...our returrn in August 2004 was disappointing. We were promised a room in a new section but were instead placed in an older building. One of the kids has asthma and our room was right above an area where people congregated to smoke. Cig smoke managed to get in our room, even though we kept the windows shut. Front desk staff was unsympathetic and made no attempts to find another room for us. The maids were nice and put some kind of air cleaner in our room. However the air cleaner was noisy.
Also the room was in need of updating. When I asked to speak to the manager s/he was unavailable. When I wrote to complain, they didn't have the decency to reply in any way. I'll never return.

Time for a change

This was the 5th visit for us and I have to say we were dissapointed. First on the list is we wanted a queen or king size bed and got two double beds. They still had rooms availeable but wanted people staying longer than 2 days to have them. Besides the beds were like sleeping on cement. Very poor conditons. Second they were doing construction by the pool so one side of the pool was closed. The noise of hammering and sawing started everyday at 10.00 am. I feel that should have been done way before the season started. We stayed Thurs thur Sat. If they reduced the room rate because of the contruction maybe but their was too much other problems. We wont be coming back to meadowmere.

Fun place for the family

by TripAdvisor Member Somersmom

We just spent 6 nights at the Meadowmere and overall found it very pleasant. We and our two sons had a family suite, so they had their own bedroom and so did we. Unfortunately, we were unable to reserve a suite with a queen bed so had two double beds. It would be great if they could set up the beds so they could be pushed together.

The room and hotel were immaculate. We and our kids enjoyed the large Roman tub (indoor) and the gameroom was a lot of fun.

Despite what I've read on this site, we had no problem driving to and finding parking at the beach -- we were in Ogunquit Sun-Saturday.

It was easy to get to town and Perkins Cove by car, trolley or walking.

On the less positive side, I was disappointed in two things:
1. the indoor pool is very large, which is great, but seemed to be only minimally heated, if at all. Since the outdoor pool was very cold (as is the ocean in Maine), I had hoped the indoor pool and surrounding area would be very warm.
2. breakfast: the bowls provided for cold cereal are tiny--so most people end up going back for refills, which ties things up -- and is annoying in the morning. Given that the rates are on the high side, they should certainly provide full-size bowls.

Overall, though, a very pleasant place in a beautiful town.

Beautiful grounds and great service

Me and my wife recently travelled to the East Coast and stayed here. We were both very impressed that the rooms were very modern without losing their cozy atmosphere. The amenities there were also fantastic for our 3 children (there is a full movie theater in the building free for guests. GREAT for getting the little one's out of our hair for a few hours!) Plus the town of ogunquit is one of the greatest vacation spots I have ever been! If you stay try Hurricanes restaurant the food is incredible!

Marginal Way directions

by BillGlo

With all I've heard about Marginal Way I'm surprised I haven't seen any information on how to get there.

Please give directions on where the starting point is. I'll be driving in from Portsmouth.

Bill

by hawkhead

Google "marginal way maine"

by BillGlo

Well that could be the answer for every question on every VT forum.

But that's my point; I have googled, researched, etc. but can't find any specific directions on how to get there.

If I'm somehow missing it, please give me a specific website. Thank you very much.

by hawkhead

The first Googled page gives at least five links and there are clues within these links. It runs from Ogunquit Be4ach to Perkins Cove, as you probably know. One site says to follow the signs after parking at Perkins Cove. Or take the trolley to Perkins cover and follow the signs. Another sign says that the north entrance to the Marginal Way os just a five minute walk from the Meadowmere Resort. http://gonewengland.about.com/od/mainesightseeing/a/marginal-way-ogunquit-maine.htm also gives a location. With some sort of route finder, I should imagine that with these clues you can find your way to either the north entrance or the south. It doesn't sound as though it is difficult to find.

by hawkhead

Whoops, sorry about the typos - that should be Perkins Cove, etc.

by Aloe9678

"as you probably know"

I would say if he's taking the time to ask he probably doesn't. Some people aren't great with maps, and having someone who's familiar with the trip can provide better info than a map that might leave out useful information.

BillGlo -- I wish it hadn't been about 15 years since I'd been to Maine, but once you do find your way I guarantee the Marginal Way will be worth the trip!

by hawkhead

Marginal Way is only about a mile long and I would have thought that if one was interested in walking the route, one might actually be interested enough to find out about the basic facts. The OP wants to know how to get there from Portsmouth (I assume he means Portsmouth somewhere in the US) and as he appears to have done a lot of research to find the actual starting point, he surely knows where it begins and ends. This info is readily available on google. "as you probably know" was giving him the benefit of the doubt of having some savvy and knowledge......

by BillGlo

Thank you both for the help.

by JeanneP

Hi
Ogunquit Maine is not that large so park anywhere in Ogunquit Maine and one can walk to the Marginal Way. Just park and ask anyone passing by.

Or, one can take the trolley for a dollar or two and ask to get off at Marginal Way. Marginal Way goes from Perkins Cove (at southern point0 to the center of Ogunquit & beach.

Happy travels and happy Columbus Day ~~