Atlantic Breeze Motel

46 Saco Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, Maine, 04064, United States
#22 of 22 hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Awful

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2014

I never post reviews of hotels but I feel a strong need to warn people about this one. I travel fairly often and typically look for a decent hotel (not necessarily five star) at a decent rate. I had very little knowledge about this hotel prior to booking. I wanted to go to the beach for the weekend and this was the only hotel with availability. It looked cute on the Web but I did not see any reviews. The hotel was pricey which I anticipated because summer is a busy season at Old Orchard. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I saw a spider and mosquitos immediately when I entered the room. They were our greeting committee. The beds were ok and the AC and TV worked fine. The room was dark and opening the dirty window was not an option. The bathroom was gross...dirty and rusty. The shower curtain was old and water seeped out onto the floor. All of these things I could deal with...until I saw a couple of ants (including an ant on my pillow). I looked under the bed and, in addition to finding shoes, clothes, and items from previous renters, I found several ant traps! There were no other hotels with vacancies or I would have left. Instead, we spent all of our time outside of the hotel except to sleep (I have young children so this was disappointing because kids typically like to chill out in the hotel mid-day). We kept all of our clothes, shoes, and other items in their bags and nothing was allowed to touch the floor. The beach is far to trek kids and toys so you have to drive and pay to park (also disappointing). I feel bad about giving this hotel such a poor review because the maids were sweet and working there is probably their livelihood. However, my hope is that the owner will take the money he charges in steep rent and fix up the place. It looks really cute on the outside so the hotel has potential.

purpledome Aug 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Me and my two teenage girls stayed there Aug 2-5. Room 2. I wanted the location as I would be visiting family and the girls would want to go to the amusements and indulge in all the wonderful foods down at the beach. The room was clean, TV and AC worked. Bathroom clean. I did not see bugs. The owner I think, Raj was kind, helpful and polite. Room was a good value for the price and worked well for us. I will be returning in the future.

Old Orchard Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Old Orchard Beach, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Old Orchard Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Old Orchard Beach hotel reviews