Auberge by the Sea B&B

103 East Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, Maine, 04064, United States

More about Auberge by the Sea B&B

My best campground experience ever!

by Jefie about Saco/Old Orchard Beack KOA

This was my second time staying at a KAO Kampground. We had really enjoyed our stay at the one in Halifax and therefore decided to book with them again in Old Orchard Beach. This campground is actually located in the little town of Saco, about 10 minutes away from the beach. It is smaller (and cheaper) than most campgrounds in this area and it is very family-oriented, and therefore very safe and quiet at night. In fact, quiet time at 10:00 pm and they will make sure you respect it, even if they have to call the police (they did once while we were there). So if you're looking to have a good time with friends, I wouldn't necessarily recommend going there, but if you want to have a good night of sleep, then by all means do!

We paid a little extra to rent one of their "premium" sites and it was well worth the money - I'd never seen such a large campsite! All the facilities (restrooms, showers, laundry room) were very clean, there was a small arcade room and a basketball court to keep the kids busy while we were cooking, the general store had a great selection of camping items (although I would recommend getting wood at the grocery store as theirs was a bit expensive), and there was a small restaurant called "The Merry Moose" where you could get pizza at night and blueberry pancakes in the morning, which is great when you don't feel like cooking. Another big plus was that the swimming pool only closed at around 8:00 pm, giving the kids plenty of time to go for a swim before dinner.

All the staff were incredibly friendly, and I've never been so sad to leave a campground after spending 6 nights in a tent. So in a nutshell, if I ever go back to Old Orchard Beach, I'll make sure to stay at the KAO Kampground again! Movie nights were great! The campground is located close to the Aquaboggan waterpark and to Funtown/Splashtown, which is great if you're travelling with kids. There's a trolley that goes to the beach every day, and there's a Hannaford just down the road for groceries and everything else you need for camping.

OLD ORCHARD BEACH, MAINE

by Rich62

"OLD ORCHARD BEACH, MAINE"

THE PIER IS PROBABLY THE PRIME ATTRACTION HERE. THERE ARE TAVERNS AND SHOPS ON THE PIER ITSELF.

"A BUILDING NEAR THE PIER"

JUST A SHOT OF A BUILDING IN THE PIER AREA.

"STREET SCENE"

ANOTHER STREET SCENE NEAR THE PIER.

Old Orchard Beach, Maine

by al_mary

"Old Orchard Beach"

The Town of Old Orchard Beach is ideally situated on the
scenic coastline of Southern Maine where it offers sandy
beaches and a refreshing ocean breeze to residents and
tourists alike for a full twelve months a year.

Just a ten minute drive from Maine’s largest city of Portland,
and an hour and a half from Boston, Mass., Old Orchard Beach
flourishes as both a vibrant seaside community and a year-round
tourist destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Annual Sandcastle Contest"

Annual Sandcastle Contest - Ocean Park
Come enjoy a parade and band concert
with line and square dancing. Sandcastle
contest on the beach. ... Fun for the entire family

Check Out Our "Things To Do" Tips For More Info

Click On Photo To Enlarge

by herzog63

"One of Maines most popular Beaches!"

Old Orchard Beach has a long history!! I believe that it had the first Merry go round in America! Don't quote me on that! But that's what I remember reading but my memory isn't what it used to be or at least I think I don't remember stuff! LOL Well anyways .......OOB is it is locally called is a fun place to spend some time in the Summer. It has a Great beach, A pier with small shops on it and is close to other stuff in Southern Maine. There are also some Great Sand Castle Builders...check out the picture with my son.

by saccharinicity

Summer has just begun. Family and loved ones are coming from near and far to spend the week up in Maine at Old Orchard Beach. Early July brings beautiful, breezy days and cool, windy nights which send us on a mission to find some cozy hoodies for when the sun goes down.

Sipping margaritas on beach patios, watching the full moon rise over the ocean waves, delighting in some decadent fried dough and screaming into the clean, fresh air while soaring through the night sky on the insane beachfront amusement park rides...friends, family and smiles - a perfectly relaxing getaway.

by shohman

"Summer fun in Maine"

Old Orchard Beach is a coastal town just south of Portland. People from New England and Canada make up the bulk of visitors here. You can walk the 7 mile beach, play at the boardwalk arcades, eat tons of fried beach foods, or go to the small amusement park. Families seem to love this place. I know I had a great time with mine.

"Rides galore"

ok, it's no Disneyland, but that's a good thing. This place reminds me of the fares that would come to town up North when I was a kid. Sure, the rides are dangerous and I have a gash on my arm as I write this, but this was reliving our childhoods for me and my Brother and Sister.

"Sunrise"

my whole family got up at 5:30 and walked down to the beach to watch the sun rise.

Old Orchard BeachOld Orchard Beach

A swim at Old Orchard BeachA swim at Old Orchard Beach

Old Orchard Beach, MEOld Orchard Beach, ME

THE PIER AT OLD ORCHARD BEACHTHE PIER AT OLD ORCHARD BEACH

The Sea Star, Old Orchard Beach

by lineka

I love the look of this place. Has anyone actually stayed there? Any info gratefully received. Also, other recommendations on where to stay in Old Orchard Beach are welcome. We (two of us) would like to be as close to the beach as possible.

Re: The Sea Star, Old Orchard Beach

by joesorce

We like the Sea Cliff House and the Billowhouse. They are a LONG beach walk from the action, though. If you want to be near the ferris wheels and the pubs I wouldn't recommend them, but down at the quieter section of town they're great. Sea Cliff has efficiency apt type units with a kitchen/living room.

Both places are right on the beach, step outside your door and walk 50 feet.

www.seacliffhouse.com
www.billowhouse.com

Thanks

by lineka

Thanks for your quick response Joe. Both of these sound like they're just what we're looking for, so I'll check them out.

Re: The Sea Star, Old Orchard Beach

by JustJeff

ive always stayed at the sandpiper motel, its very nice right on the water, its more of a quiet family place, not too fancy but its cozy never heard of the sea star

Ferry Beach Home for Rent

by pauldunton

I have a 2 Bedroom home which sleeps 6-8 on Ferry Beach in Saco, Maine. This is a continuation of Old Orchard Beach. I am going to be renting it for $1150/week. I can send pictures and give you more information if needed. Please email me at pauldunton@comcast.net.

Maine, any suggestion?

by marco3055

Hey there everyone,

In september, somewhere around the 12th for 3 or 4 days we would like to head to Maine, precisely the southern side of the State.

We got some suggestions about Old Orchard Beach, York Harbor, Portland and few other towns around. Is there anything particular that would be nice to do/attend during that period? Any music festival, art festival, itinerary and other family things to do? All suggestions are accepted, also advices on places (motels and/or inn) to stay the night.

Thank you all in advance! :)

Comments