Best Value Inn Mt. Royal

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 99 reviews
Priceline Expedia.com

A dirty, drunken frat house

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 20, 2007

It's convenient, I'll grant them that. Right across from the amusement park (you can hear the roller coaster from morning till 11 at night) and down the street from the center of OOB. They don't tell you about the AMTRAK train that runs early morning till late at night RIGHT BEHIND THE MOTEL. The room we got was marginal - at best - in terms of cleanliness (I won't go into the details of the bathroom.) But the fridge, microwave, and cable TV worked and the pool was nice enough, although the word "heated" may be a stretch. But here is why I will tell you in the strongest possible terms to avoid this dump. Too many drunken, out of control boys and girls made our two night stay a nightmare. They absolutely took over the motel after sunset, turning it into an out of control frat house. There seemed nothing that the staff could, would, or will do to stop their offensive behavior. When I called him after my stay to complain the manager even said to me "try us in the fall, when there's a more mature crowd."

How about this, pal? How about I and everyone with a family avoid your frat house for a cleaner motel where the guests can get a decent night's sleep?

Nearby Best Value Inn Mt. Royal

Best Value Inn Mt. Royal

• Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Hotel Old Orchard Beach

Address: 30 West Grand Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, Maine, 04064-2624, United States

Amenities at Best Value Inn Mt. Royal

• Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast

Old Orchard Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Old Orchard Beach, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Old Orchard Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Old Orchard Beach hotel reviews