Old Orchard Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2294

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Saco/Old Orchard Beack KOA: My best campground experience ever!

This was my second time staying at a KAO Kampground. We had really enjoyed our stay at the one in Halifax and therefore decided to book with them again in Old Orchard Beach. This campground is actually located in the little town of Saco, about 10 minutes away from the beach. It is smaller (and cheaper) than most campgrounds in this area and it is very family-oriented, and therefore very safe and quiet at night. In fact, quiet time at 10:00 pm and they will make sure you respect it, even if they have to call the police (they did once while we were there). So if you're looking to have a good time with friends, I wouldn't necessarily recommend going there, but if you want to have a good night of sleep, then by all means do!

We paid a little extra to rent one of their "premium" sites and it was well worth the money - I'd never seen such a large campsite! All the facilities (restrooms, showers, laundry room) were very clean, there was a small arcade room and a basketball court to keep the kids busy while we were cooking, the general store had a great selection of camping items (although I would recommend getting wood at the grocery store as theirs was a bit expensive), and there was a small restaurant called "The Merry Moose" where you could get pizza at night and blueberry pancakes in the morning, which is great when you don't feel like cooking. Another big plus was that the swimming pool only closed at around 8:00 pm, giving the kids plenty of time to go for a swim before dinner.

All the staff were incredibly friendly, and I've never been so sad to leave a campground after spending 6 nights in a tent. So in a nutshell, if I ever go back to Old Orchard Beach, I'll make sure to stay at the KAO Kampground again!

Movie nights were great! The campground is located close to the Aquaboggan waterpark and to Funtown/Splashtown, which is great if you're travelling with kids. There's a trolley that goes to the beach every day, and there's a Hannaford just down the road for groceries and everything else you need for camping.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 15, 2007
Tip Photo

Saco/Old Orchard Beach KOA (Maine, USA)

• shohman profile photo shohman
  • Reviews: 660

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Concorde Motel: a great find

My family found this great motel, They rented a 2 floor townhouse that sleeps 7 for $1,200.00 per week. This place had everything you need and was close (3/4 mile) to downtown

two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, full kitchen, grille, living room, pool and hot tub. Plus the beach is right across the street. There were 7 of us and it never felt cramped.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 29, 2006

• amirizian1 profile photo amirizian1
  • Reviews: 4
I recommend you the Neptune...

I recommend you the Neptune Motel
It is 95$ per nights and the 7 night is free.

It is so great because the owners talk french and there is a great view.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average