Portland Hotels

• SLLiew profile photo SLLiew
  • Reviews: 2381

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Tara Hotel: Business Hotel at South Portland

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. Short distance of 3 miles from the Portland International Jetport (Airport).

Good security and excellent room service.

What I like most is the heated indoor pool complete with sauna for relaxation after driving in the cold winter.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 3, 2007
Tip Photo

• vrage profile photo vrage
  • Reviews: 152

Inn by the sea.: Inn by the sea.

We stayed off season, and it was a package for about $400, for three nights. WATCH OUT for the restaurant in the lobby, it is over priced -which is common in a hotel...but we paid $6.00 for 2 cups of tea, where it is free in the room.

It is ocean view -but not right on the ocean.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 25, 2002
Tip Photo

• Caramelpisces profile photo Caramelpisces
  • Reviews: 7

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton: Sheraton Hotel by Maine Mall Road

It was okay. I found the room very small and it had a weird smell. In the bathroom, I felt the bathroom could've been way cleaner (I seem dirty grime on the curtains and long strands of hair on the bathroom floor. I knew it wasn't mine because it was my first time in the bathroom, hehe. My bf and I stayed on the 3rd FL. The hotel staff were somewhat strange but maybe they don't usually see black people, lol. We asked where the pool was and the desk guy didn't answer my question. We had to ask him again and he gave us a funny look and then told us where the pool was. Weird. But I have to say the Portland residents are very friendly!!!!!!!!!! The Sheraton hotel is in the same area as the Maine Mall (which I heard is only mall in Portland) and its not to far from the downtown arts district (Congress Street, High Street and State street) It was also cheap (a hundred dollars per night). We didn't stay in the hotel too much so it was cool.

Nothing unique about the Sheraton hotel in South Portland.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip
  • Written April 22, 2007

• m1nkey profile photo m1nkey
  • Reviews: 88

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Towneplace Suites Marriot: Nice!

This is an extended stay suites hotel and we have found it to be very nice. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the amenities are good and the bed is fabulous. Most hotel beds are shall we say standard, but this on is a memory foam topped model that is great. Our room is a small studio with a kitchenette and a sitting area. But it is very well appointed and has oodles of storage space for all our stuff. We have a pool, access to a gas BBQ grill, workout room, continental breakfast, free daily newspapers, free internet, free cable, and maid service.

We are located across the street from a grocery store, very near the interstate and a mile from a huge mall and other shopping.

• Opinion of Price: about average