81 TALBOT AVENUE PO BOX 1117, Rockland, ME 04841

More about Berry Manor Inn

Awesome vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Gail060

Our mini-vacation to Rockland, Maine was undoubtedly the best! We arrived at the Berry Manor Inn after locating the inn on the internet. We were met by our hostess, Cheryl, who gave us a tour of the inn and led us to our room in the carriage house. The linens were luxurious, the shower (with body jets) devine, and the best pies (our favorite was the apple) were enjoyed each night of our three night stay. Cheryl and Mike made us feel very much at home. The breakfasts (which happens to be my favorite meal of the day) were so good that we didn't feel the need for lunch any day that we were there. Cheryl helped arrange a sailing excursion on "The Maine Morning" that we also enjoyed. Cheryl recommended a local restaurant that is not a tourist spot and we had a real dining adventure at "Conti's" that will provide many interesting stories. The food there was so good and the portions were generous. Our trip to Maine was a first, but hopefully, we will be able to return soon. We will definitely book a room at the Berry Manor Inn the next time.
Mike and Lorraine Garrison, Mebane NC

What a treat!!

by TripAdvisor Member madebg

The Berry Manor Inn deserves its four star rating in AAA. From the moment we entered, we were at home and attended to. It's the little things that made for the luxury and comfort of the accommodations---the attention to detail of the home--the common areas of living and dining--the comfort of the library. Baths with Egyptian cotton towels and plenty of them---a robe!! The quiet and romance of the inn was complemented by the hosts' knowlege of the area and suggestions for dining and experiencing the beauty of Maine. Breakfast was a treat--with great food and individual tables and serving from 8-9:30.
We wanted a room as a home base for our tours down various back roads, and found that we didn't want to leave the manor. Coming "home" to fresh baked berry pies could have had something to do with our appreciation for innkeepers, Mike and Cheryl!!
This is a place you need to experience to believe--a treat indeed!!

A Perfect place to renew your spirit

by TripAdvisor Member taube

I have traveled all over the world for my business, and prefer to stay at higher end hotels or really good B & B's. The Berry Manor Inn is by FAR THE BEST I have encountered in ALL my travels. Nestled away in a quiet neighborhood, you'd never guess the incredible ELEGANCE and special touches that lie within. The main house is just gorgeous, but the rooms in the carriage house are the finest ANYWHERE.
The innkeepers think of EVERYTHING, and while I stay there I want for nothing. Comfort is an understatement..some rooms have showers with 6 showerheads, talk about invigorating! The rooms are extremely elegant, and coffee, tea, and the best pie in the world is always readily availible.
I now make this a place to stop just to rest and relax and renew myself. I would give this inn my HIGHEST reccommendation to anyone!

A Wonderful and Relaxing Spot

by TripAdvisor Member wernicke

We have stayed at the Berry Manor Inn for one week per year for the past seven years - and will certainly stay there again this year. It's charm, warmth, and hospitality exceed any that we have encountered at any other B & B or hotel in our many years of traveling throughout the United States. Cheryl and Mike are superb hosts; and make every stay special. It's location is delightful - close enough to easily walk to the Farnsworth and other Main St. attractions, but sufficiently removed to be isolated from the noise of "downtown" when rest and relaxation is what you are seeking.
An ideal location offering both the amenities and the quiet comfort that make a short or longer stay a true treat.

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member SusieQ77

I can't wait to return. Mike and Cheryl are very warm and inviting hosts. Our room (#12) was in the Carriage House. It was very romantic and had a wonderful bathroom with a jetted-shower and jacuzzi tub. I could imagine staying in the room with a good book and a glass of wine near the fireplace on a wintry or rainy day. However it was a beautiful sunny day and there are lots of places to discover nearby - don't forget the Wyeth Museum! The public rooms are simply gorgeous.

I was very excited when we returned from dinner to see that the "pie lady" was in residence. I can't decide if my favorite was the apple or the blueberry.

I will recommend the Berry Manor Inn to everyone. I can't imagine improving on a B&B - this must be the ultimate.

S&F, Long Island, NY

Better Than Home! Never Want To Leave

by TripAdvisor Member Harbor Seal

As a business travel veteran, I could rarely tell one hotel or city from another... BUT
Cheryl and Mike and the Berry Manor Inn make being away from home a delite. I wanted to make our first anniversary a memorable one and "The Berry" came thru.
The rooms are impecably decorated, the common areas are friendly and warm. Every need is taken care of before you even know you need it. The feeling is like visiting good friends.
The whirlpool baths and 6 head showers in some rooms (#12 for one) make the evenings a treat. The delicious "MAINE SIZE" breakfasts are like no other I have had. Sodas, juice and water in the fridge and homemade pie and ice cream after dinner make you never want to leave. The Manor hosts are the friendliest folks I have met in a long time and truly just want to make your stay a pleasure. THUMBS UP!! LOOK NO FURTHER FOR A WONDERFUL STAY IN A NEAT LITTLE TOWN.

J & G
San Francisco

Charming hosts-- a great place!

by TripAdvisor Member kaep

On a recent trip with my mom to see midcoast Maine, I had a chance to stay at the Berry Manor Inn in Rockland, Maine. The place is decorated in the 'antique' style I've come to associate with most B&Bs and Inns built in the late nineteenth/early twentieth century, but the small touches definitely make this place unique! The rooms are all spacious-- we had one of the smallest rooms in the place on the 3rd floor, and it still gave us plenty of space-- with large bathrooms and ample closet space. Even better, we were encouraged to come down to breakfast at our own leisure (between 8:00 and 9:30), unlike other B&Bs where you have to show up at a set time and eat whether you're ready or not. Overall, I thought this place was great! The hosts, Cheryl and Mike, are friendly and funny, and they gave us fabulous ideas for restaurants and sight-seeing. Oh, and free blueberry pie morning, noon, and night doesn't EVER hurt!! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in the area!

The most outstanding B&B ever!

by TripAdvisor Member grltrmptr

We have stayed at many B&Bs and the Berry Manor Inn has to be the absolute best we ever been to! While the web site is beautiful, it is even more beautiful in person. Our rooms (brother & sis-in-law vacationed with us), the bathrooms (loved the dbl shower head and whirlpool!), the impecable cleanliness, the breakfasts, the wonderful pies, the chocolate lobsters on our pillows during Lobsterfest week (I finally let Marc eat one Cheryl!), and our lobster hats are only a few of the pleasures and were only surpassed by the wonderful hospitality of Cheryl and Mike! They put the "class" in this classic Inn.

We congratulate Cheryl and Mike for doing such a successful job and wish them many more years of continued success! Had to love our hosts wittiness too! Seeing Mike come down the staircase with a hotdog on his head one day and a wig on another day was hysterical! We also loved the hundreds of singing chipmunks! Mike knew which one to play for any occasion! This is one Inn I will HIGHLY recommend to all my clients and friends. We will definitely be back!

Carolyn and Marc Gordon
South Florida

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Cochem

This inn is beautiful, extremely well maintained and has terrific service. The innkeepers are definitely there to please. The rooms are beautiful--they look exactly as presented on the website. The location is also great, so you can walk to town in about 10 minutes, eat a wonderful dinner with wine, and not have to worry about driving back.
The devil is in the details, as they say, and every detail is attended to here--from the high-end soaps, shampoos and creams, as well as bottled water in each room (replenished each day) to freshly baked pies every day for the taking as a snack. The breakfast is served with great flare and (impt to us) no family style seating here--so you can maintain your privacy as if it were a restaurant.
Also a computer with internet connectivity was available in one of the public rooms, a bonus for those who need to check email or just do a quick search. All in all, this inn is highly recommended.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member vjsdfg

Been staying with Mike & Cheryl since they opened. We visit twice each year. They are as wonderful (like family) as is the beautiful inn they "keep". The rooms offer tranquility and peace to anyone, and those double showerheads and body jets, to die for! Visit Captain Nemo, and Felix the wandering resident bear that reads magazines and likes to hide from the guests. Have a piece of homemade pie, its awesome. You will want to return again and again. This is the place to stay!

Comments